Thread: Please check my first scan!!

Tuner in Training

Please check my first scan!!

Heres two scans. one just at idle

guys please look at it and tell me what needs to be fixed. please be specific. im new to this and i know this zzp tune aint right...at least its doesnt feel right

please help me. need your insight...

thanks

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    tune file too cough it all up seeing what your running currently helps alot with feedback

from a quick glance though i see your ltft and stft need adjustment still pulling fuel out but can be closer to 0. also alot of kr showing up scattered all over the board and throughout pulls. do you know what your afr is reading throughout your pull? i run 11.3 in my cousins car and the cat temps are 1960 and stage 2 ran 2000 on his car
    Last edited by cobaltssoverbooster; 03-28-2009 at 12:29 AM.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

ive got the zzp tune as well... and its junk... also new to tuning..

i tune lnf's better than lsj motors but the basic obvious fixes are still the same for both cars. definately look into setting the tune straight in this order though:
    1) LTFT will have an effect on everything once adjusted
    2) STFT, done with the maf sensor and getting them as close to zero is best for both fuel trims.
    3) TIMING i would take the knock that shows up out to not cause problems
    4) AFR 11-11.3 seems to be a good sweet spot for me in saving cats and keeping temps down.
    5) TIMING[2] now increase your timing until it either shows kr then go back to where it doesnt or until the egt gasses start getting to high. gmppstg2 seems to run 2000 but i liked 1900 better since ive put new rings in it once before due to personal computer error. also for timing set all the tables to be the same, if you only do the high octane table and it knocks alot then it will choose the low octane table and not use your modified table values. making both tables the same forces the computer to use your modified values, thus allowing you to correct for kr and egt's correctly instead of spinning in circles.

You can't rely on cat temps logged in the LSJ because it is a calculated algorithm. I have personally scanned about a 300 degree difference between what GM says the cat SHOULD be at and what was actually coming out of the exhaust ports.

Also, tuning the LNF is HALF as much work as the LSJ.

It looks to me like Miked5420 posted up just some logs from his ZZP tune. That doesn't get you anywhere man. Do some research and start to tinker on your own. Too many people want too many hand outs on this and other forums. Off the internet we tuners charge people for advice because you are using what we have learned through hard work and experience. There are 1,000s of posts and 100s of write-ups on this small forum alone to get you where you need to be. Just do a little reading man. If you bought the product, learn how to use it. It's like buying a manual Z06 and asking someone to drive it for you because you don't know how.
    RSG Offroad
    Jeeps. Jeeps. And more Jeeps. Oh and Jeeps too.

Tuner in Training
    i dont need no handouts. all i wannna know is the proper way to tune things. not what numbers to put in what slot. i dont even know where to start or how. its dumb they tell you oh yeah theres a forum...dont worry people can help you out. then i get here and no one even wants to answer my questions. im not saying tune my shit for me. im asking how do I do it the right way and what needs to be done. last year i bought a tune from zzp thinking thats all i needed. not being a car guy, i believed that. now i find myself spending more money and alot more time cuz its messin up my car more.

posted my hpt file below. thanks. i compared my tune with the gm stage 2 and kinda adjusted a few numbers but im shooting in the dark. this entire thing needs to be redone...
    Last edited by Miked5420; 03-28-2009 at 10:29 AM.

adjust ltft by adjusting your main ve primary table. use excell and adjust the whole chart at once. we adjust it in percents so times a value by 1.01 to get 1% increase 1.10 for 10% so on. times by .98 for -2% .90 for -10% so on....
    if the chart is taking out fuel it shows a negative number in the scanner, for negative numbers shown in scanner correct by taking out (.98,.90, etc.) positive values (1.01,1.10,etc.)
    get them as close to zero as possible to run the best.
    for stft adjust the maf calibration airflow vs frequency and once again move as close to zero as you can get it with good throttle response and no stumbling. it is done the same way in excell. change all graphed values at once to keep the curve smooth.
    timing is timing its pretty obvious, copy the high octane into the low octane table and adjust the knock out, and then increase in high load columns which is the far right side. watch for newly occuring knock and temps as stated the scanner temps are calculated so would keep them low until you can get a real egt to know where your really at.
    as for fuel i would rec raising the enrichment rate in pe mode to 2.00 and then adjust your afr during your pulls by raising and lower the values in the eq ratio vs. rpm table.

your file has a pretty haggard maf scale, it should be a smooth curve and not have a bunch of humps in it, but remember correct the ltft first because they affect the stft's when adjusted.
    your obviously reading the correct scanner values now thats a jist of how you go about adjusting them. all i stated above is a summary of the scattered info on the site. there will be more info out there as seeing i did not include the torque management section.
    Last edited by cobaltssoverbooster; 03-28-2009 at 01:45 PM.

Tuner in Training
    im guessing i would need a wb to do all this???
    2012 Chevrolet Cruze LS, 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS

Quote Originally Posted by Miked5420 View Post
    im guessing i would need a wb to do all this???

Highly recommended

and egt would be nice too since computer is calculated

Senior Tuner
    Wideband not totally necessary BUT yes recommended none the less. I have one you can use while I'm around in person if needed. Recall now my wife mentioning I had an ass ton of message from you on my cell the other day (sorry we have been away) but can't find it now to confirm. Will call once I locate it. I work in San Antonio, TX. Living in Lytle, TX. Talk soon!
    Janky Monkey Tuning

Call or PM for tuning solutions.

Cell 210-954-4985

Wrench turning provided by 2 Tightwads Racing.

Tune your own? Start here ----> Open Editor ---> Hit F1...READ!

READ SOME MORE (Thank username 69Lt1bird): http://ls1tuningguide.com/

Still lost? Consult a Pro!

www.thetuningschool.com
    www.calibratedsuccess.com
    www.tunedbyfrost.com

Tuner in Training
    yeah you need to straighten out that knock issue. Also take a look at your intercooler system and make sure everything is working properly and that it is completely filled with no air, your IAT2's seem to be a little on the high side for just cruising around.

Tuner in Training Alex Richards's Avatar
    Had an idea about the KR he is seeing,

While watching the log it seems to be when you get on it abruptly or let off right away is when you are seeing knock. I would check your exhaust and all your engine bay clearances to make sure nothings saying hi to something else when the motor rocks back and forth. Something like an exhaust pipe hitting a subframe connector can wreak havoc on a Knock sensor and it seems to me that what your seeing is falsified knock, not actual detonation.

2001 Cavalier, A4, 2.2l OHV, Wiseco 8.85:1 Pistons, Eagle H-Beams, Headwork, SBC Roller Rockers, 5/16" Pushrods. Turboed This off-season...

Tuner in Training
    i do notice..that after letting off gas if..i dont ease into the acceleration it feels ugly
    like a miss or a drop in fuel.. at that same time it knocks. it just doesnt feel right
    2012 Chevrolet Cruze LS, 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS