Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: new beta with E38/E67/T43 torque management additions

Quote Originally Posted by thesubfloor View Post
    Neither actually.

What happened was that I noticed a while back there was a PID for it in the scanner but it never shows any values other than zero, so I just assumed it was a feature that you were in the process of implementing but hadn’t fully finished.

I did however just discover that not being able to turn it off is wreaking havoc on the lockup clutches of aftermarket torque converters since the clutch material they use is not designed to withstand the constant on-off that results from PWM.

Can you consider this my official request or do I need to start another thread for it?

Thanks,
    Christopher
    I didn't think that the TCC solenoid used PWM at all? Not according to this anyway:

The Torque Converter Clutch (TCC) PC Solenoid is a "normally-low", electronic pressure regulator used to control the apply and release of the torque converter clutch based on current flow through its coil windings. The TCC PC solenoid regulates actuator feed limit fluid pressure to the TCC regulator valve, located in the lower valve body, and provides a signal
    pressure to shift the TCC control valve, located in the pump, to the apply position. When the TCM determines to apply the TCC, the TCC PC solenoid is commanded to specific pressures, dependent on vehicle operating conditions,
    resulting in a smooth apply or release of the TCC. The solenoid's ability to "Ramp" the TCC apply and release pressures result in a smoother TCC operation. When vehicle operating conditions are appropriate to apply the TCC, the TCM increases current flow to allow the TCC PC solenoid to increase PCS TCC fluid pressure, to move the TCC control valve to the apply
    position, and move the TCC regulator valve to the regulating position to regulate fluid pressure porportional to solenoid pressure. Release pressure is directed to exhaust, and regulated apply pressure is directed to the apply side of the converter clutch plate/damper assembly. The TCM then increases the pressure to control a slippage of 20-80 RPM between the clutch plate and converter cover. This "Ramping" procedure provides improved dampening of engine vibrations and allows the TCC to apply at low engine speeds in 2nd, 3rd, 4th,5th and 6th gear.
    Maybe we need something to tell the TCM that we don't want it to give 20-80rpm of slip when locked up?
    VE Calais V 6.0L L98 V8 6L80E

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by carneb View Post
    I didn't think that the TCC solenoid used PWM at all? Not according to this anyway:

Maybe we need something to tell the TCM that we don't want it to give 20-80rpm of slip when locked up?
    But according to what I've been told, it's the "ramping procedure" that is what's causing the converter to lock and unlock repeatedly.

Or am I missing something here?

Advanced Tuner
    Can someone translate what 38/E67/T43 is?
    2000 T/A - Thompson Motorsports 416ls3, F1A procharger, HP tuned. Just a couple psi of boost.
    2013 Mercedes C350, wish HPtuners worked.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    E38 pcm in many late model trucks & vettes

E67 pcm in many late model 4 cyl, 5 cyl, 6 cyl, & 8 cyl vehicles from solstice to ZR1 to trailblazer SS

T43 TCM in many late model A6 equipped vehicles, TCM is located IN the transmission.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    Ah, thanks for the clairification Bill. Didn't know if this was something that impacted me.
    2000 T/A - Thompson Motorsports 416ls3, F1A procharger, HP tuned. Just a couple psi of boost.
    2013 Mercedes C350, wish HPtuners worked.

Anything new for the LBZ diesels in this beta????
    2006 LBZ Duramax 4x4 CC SB 2500HD SRW 4x4 LT1 (with extras), Blocked & Fingered, Fumoto drain valve, Keystone Ram Air Good Hood, Banks Ram Air, Access cover & Rhino over the rails, Victory Red.
    33'-0" Dutchman fifthwheel,Tekonsha Voyager Brake Controller

Banks Sixgun with HPTUNERS.

With the new TQ Management tables relating to Tip-In, Flare and Limit.

Can someone please explain what these 3 are? And what's the difference between the different settings (None, Throttle Only, No Throttle)??

Anybody?? Maybe Chris or Bill can chime in??

Tip-In is throttle tip-in, ie. when you increase throttle during a shift.

Flare is downshift to prevent engine flaring mostly when skip shift via neutral (eg. 4-2 shift).

I don't exactly know what "Limit Tq Mgt" is, i just made the name up and added the method to disable it.

The "method" is really a suggestion to the ECM. "None" doesn't necessarily mean it will not attempt tq mgt. post #1 gives exact details how to disable all Clutch based transmission tq mgt for upshifts and now also downshifts.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner
    I am running 2.23.3323.27855 beta right now, is there a newer version?

Tony

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Yes.

anything new for the p12/p32 pcms, we requested skp sensor cal a while back and i was hoping we could get that. along with more idle tables ie throttle follower/cracker so on and so forth.

thanks
    jim
    2001 Z06
    JCR fabbed Twin Turbo

Advanced Tuner
    Has anyone with an LNF tried this BETA yet? Any useful new features/tables?
    2013 Cruze Eco - CAI, Catless DP, Catless MP, ZZP FMIC, Ported Intake Manifold, Mild tune (17psi), best 43.5mpg, 175ftlbs (pid)

2008 Solstice GXP - ZFR 6758, catless, AEM stage 1 water/methanol injection, Hahn Racecraft Intercooler, solo street race cat back, LE5 throttle body - 307whp on a dyno dynamics (stock turbo numbers), 100 octane EFR6758 numbers - 463whp/454wtq

ETA for some control over TC PWM on A6?

Any ETA on control over the PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) in the A6 yet?
    Neither actually.

What happened was that I noticed a while back there was a PID for it in the scanner but it never shows any values other than zero, so I just assumed it was a feature that you were in the process of implementing but hadn’t fully finished.

I did however just discover that not being able to turn it off is wreaking havoc on the lockup clutches of aftermarket torque converters since the clutch material they use is not designed to withstand the constant on-off that results from PWM.

Can you consider this my official request or do I need to start another thread for it?

Thanks,
    Christopher
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Please email support with exactly what you are looking for whether scanner or editor related along with your .hpt file and any helpful scanner logs and a vcm suite infolog while connected to the vehicle in question

HPT: Any idea if or when this will be added?
    2009 Cyber Gray C6 Coupe, A6, F55 Shocks, Z51 Brakes

Halltech Killer Bee, Comp Springs, Kooks 1.75 Long Tube Headers, Random Technologies Cats, .25" Tunnel Plate, RPM 3.42 Rear, 2600 Stall TC.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Wendling View Post

HPT: Any idea if or when this will be added?
    Dunno, from the looks of it I have 67 table requests in que for various applications, I would need to see the email that was sent.

Potential Tuner
    New Scanner MPIDs
    - ETC Source (tells you what is currently controlling the throttle)
    - ETC TqMgt Type (if torque mgt is active what is requesting throttle)
    - Spark TqMgt Type (if torque mgt is active what is requesting spark)
    - Fuel Cut TqMgt Type (if torque mgt is active what is requesting fuel cut)

Where are these MPIDs located in the scanner? I have searched thru all of the available PIDs and do not see them

Quote Originally Posted by wjpellc View Post
    New Scanner MPIDs
    - ETC Source (tells you what is currently controlling the throttle)
    - ETC TqMgt Type (if torque mgt is active what is requesting throttle)
    - Spark TqMgt Type (if torque mgt is active what is requesting spark)
    - Fuel Cut TqMgt Type (if torque mgt is active what is requesting fuel cut)

Where are these MPIDs located in the scanner? I have searched thru all of the available PIDs and do not see them
    Bump for an answer
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    They are only available in the beta software.