Thread: Wierd problem:Bank1 super rich,bank2 normal in OL mode while tuning VE

Potential Tuner

Unhappy Wierd problem:Bank1 super rich,bank2 normal in OL mode while tuning VE

Hey guys,can someone tell & help about what's going on with my tune please??Just started dialing VE table in 07 Escalade,so i installed WB sensors in B1S1 & B2S1,then modify tune file as follow:
    Maf fail =0 hz.Disable COT,DFCO,LTFT,CAT test & post O2 test.
    Open loop table & Eq ratio min, all set to 1.00,max CL ect temp,disable PE.

My intention was to dial it up to 4000 rpm only.I ended up with bank1 super super rich & bank 2 normal ??(Took off spark plugs,in bank1 all fouled ,bank2 all Ok)Any idea,your help is highly appreciated

Car mods:
    Pro charger 8 psi,short tube HD,52lb inj,boost-a-pump

Advanced Tuner
    check o2 sensors. a failed sensor can cause a single side problem. actually ran into this problem on a customers hot rod. sweet car, came in with what sounded like a wicked cam lope. hooked up to the wideband and saw some weird swings. after a little more poking and prodding i found that his primary o2 was fouled. after turning off the o2 feedback (going open loop) it idled very smoothly once again.

Potential Tuner
    i found that his primary o2 was fouled. after turning off the o2 feedback (going open loop) it idled very smoothly once again.
    Thanks Texsrt4.However,I'm already in open loop mode (if read the title),beside that i disabled CAT test & post O2 test in the tune file (but didn't unplug them).

Make sure you are truly in open loop. Long fuel trims to ensure they are not reporting. Use the bi-directional controls to force open loop.

I was going to sugget a possible header leak that was adding oxygen and making the O2 thing its real lean hence forcing enrichment at that bank.
    Full Service GM Late Model Performance Facility

www.redline-motorsports.net
    Follow US on FACEBOOK!
    Follow us on Instagram! redline_motorsports

Make sure you are truly in open loop. Long fuel trims to ensure they are not reporting. Use the bi-directional controls to force open loop.
    I agree with you if he has rich condition in both banks,not in one only.From his tune file,it looks LTFT is disabled.

Potential Tuner
    Anyone??

Advanced Tuner
    had a similar issue once on a Vette, the owner swapped left and right side O2 sensor when he installed the LG headers (which need an extension harness). Was OK when in closed loop but went crazy exactly like you described in open loop. Took me a while to figure out what is going on.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by FlatFoot View Post
    Thanks Texsrt4.However,I'm already in open loop mode (if read the title),beside that i disabled CAT test & post O2 test in the tune file (but didn't unplug them).

well, see theres the problem. i wasnt reading more than the first 3 words.

ended up with bank1 super super rich & bank 2 normal
    You don't think that the CAT is blocked for a reason or another which will chuck that bank particularly!!??