Thread: High Octane Table

High Octane Table

I completed re-tuning my 2005 C6 Corvette with mild modification and was surprised at how much more ignition timing I was able to add to the High Octane table before experiencing any KR.

In the cruise cells, I am now able to run about 44 degrees advance which is about 10 degrees more than the factory. I am also able to run 28 degrees at WOT over 5200 rpm.

Is this typical?

Mods:
    MN6
    Z51
    Lingenfelter Stage 2 Ported stock heads
    Lingenfelter GT-11 Cam with 215/231 duration @ .050 lift | .631/.644 lift | LSA118
    Dynatech headers
    Corsa Sport cat back
    Ported stock throttle body & intake manifold
    K&N CAI kit

Idles at 750 rpm, gas mileage is 27-28 mpg at 70 mph cruise, and very stealth. Not yet dyno'd with new tune.

If your not running into any KR I guess it is possible.. the factory tune is always de-tuned to keep their warranty till the very last day

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Telephone: +965-55446651
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram

I found this in one tuning session, however on the dyno a lower advance made more power. You may have some good fuel that doesn't knock but that doesn't mean you're making max power with that much advance.

Less load means more timing! That will help your throttle response and mileage may pick up as well. Your riding much closer to peak cylinder pressures.

The flip side is that it also can raise EGT's at cruise so there is a defining line.

A load dyno and real time tuning is the ticket!

Howard
    Full Service GM Late Model Performance Facility

www.redline-motorsports.net
    Follow US on FACEBOOK!
    Follow us on Instagram! redline_motorsports

Advanced Tuner
    typically, i like to run relatively high cruise timing numbers, it gives quite an increase in mileage/efficiency. after peak torque, you typically want to increase timing a bit to keep the torque curve smooth (so that it carries a bit higher) so seeing high timing numbers after 5200 makes sense (also, it should be noted that the higher the rpm, the more timing is necessary to keep the burn cycle in the cylinder). however, like it has been stated in here, just because you can run more timing doesnt mean you should. on the LS motor, its very easy to have too much timing without knock. i see it on every race gas motor i tune. typically 21-22* is optimal with short tube/small primary/stock head motors. of course different combustion chamber size/header size can change that, but much more and you will loose torque and horsepower with more timing. its actually kind of cool to watch on the dyno.