Thread: G8 A6 question about pattern A and B

G8 A6 question about pattern A and B

I'm a bit confused about all the different shift parameters that can be modified. In particular I would like to know the difference between Normal, Pattern A, and Pattern B.

I have a G8 GT and there are three transmission modes. Normal, Sport, and TUTD. I would just like to be sure which tables to modify for these three modes. TUTD is obvious.

Bump!

Anyone?

Normal is normal, Sport is usually B, Cruise is usually A, TUTD has it's own tables.

You can check the Pattern A/B types by checking the params on the Shift Propoerties tab.
    I count sheep in hex...

Normal is "Normal"...obviously

And your Sports mode is going to be either Pattern A or Pattern B. You need to look in the Shift Properties tab and find out which Pattern is labelled "Performance" or "Patt1". This will be the Pattern that affects your Sports mode. The other Pattern will be labelled "Cruise" or "Normal" and it relates to something else?? In some cases Pattern A is the one your looking for to affect your Sports mode and in other cases it's Pattern B. That's why you need to take a look in the Shift Properties tab to make sure.

Once you've worked that part out you can start playing the speeds at which the trans will make a shift in each shift Pattern, the time it takes to shift which is more than just adjusting the Base Shift Times. You can achieve just as good results by making adjustments to the Shift Torque profiles and the Shift Time Adders. You'll find that the Base shifts in Normal and Sports are roughly the same but it's the Shift Time Adders which make the difference to the shift feel.

There's also Pattern pressures and clutch controls.....the list goes one. As a start I would just start playing with the Shift Times and get the shift feel right before jumping in and playing with the tables that affect at what speed the shift occurrs. Remember that if you're going to decrease the shift time significantly you might want to consider uping the Shift Pressures slightly

Hope this helps

Thanks you guys for the responses. Very informative.

and read this thread, there's a ton of info in here.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...8&highlight=g8
    Photos
    320 rwhp/340 ft-lb
    1/4 mile: 13.33 @ 105 mph