Thread: HELP!!! Problem With 2006 GTO A4

Exclamation HELP!!! Problem With 2006 GTO A4

Yep...you guessed it...car will not do a burn out. I have tried and tried and tried with the tune and nothing. I've used the search feature atleast 20 times wording it differently. Read every thread I could find and still nothing. I am at my wits end with this car. I'm about to just zip tie the sensor.

Trans Input Max : 6042
    Trans Output Max: 6042

Brake Torque Limit: 6042

ETC TPS Max: All at 100%

All TCS Methods are disabled.

Any and all input would be great here....

Thank You

-Dave

any input on the matter would be terrific....

I wish I could help, mine is an m6.

This thread has some good info

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20894

Flea
    --------------
    2006 GTO
    Kooks LTs, NGK WB
    12.96 @109.12

I read all the bulletins and nothing in the tune makes a difference....luckily he still has a warranty on the car so we're gunna zip tie the switch and see if that works...then he's gunna go to the dealer....

Went over the tune on the GTO tonight after a failed attempt with the zip tie....noticed a TCS Patch in the OS menu....enabled it and it seems to be working fine....what exactly is the TCS Patch? Why would it have been disabled?

It was my understanding the TCS patch was so that traction control was still available in SD mode and to prevent the invalid torque signal response (max line pressure commanded, etc.).

I'm not doubting the results, only wondering if the patch affects other things as well?

Maybe Chris can clarify this?
    Flea
    --------------
    2006 GTO
    Kooks LTs, NGK WB
    12.96 @109.12

Tuner in Training
    My 06 A4 was also plagued with this problem. I did not have to enable the patch to fix it. First I zip tied it. It worded but a pain, also your cruise will not work. Next I bought a predator. Worked okay. Then Hp tuner. I'll go down and get the lap top. It will take you 5 minutes.

Tuner in Training
    Under engine. Torque management-general.
    spark retard vs torque reduction-set all values to zero
    torque loss % vs spart retard-set all values to zero
    I left the rest stock.

See if that helps you. Whatever you changed before I would put back to stock.