Thread: Vendors/tuners: Vortech supercharger kit tune?

Advanced Tuner

Vendors/tuners: Vortech supercharger kit tune?

(I'm sorry if this question violates any rules of this site, please delete if so.)

My friend recently purchased an used Vortech supercharger kit and while all other components were included, there was no handheld PCM reprogrammer. Now, since the car is -98 LS1 Trans Am, I haven't been able to find a suitable Vortech kit tune file I could use for flashing a new parameters using my HP Tuners software.

Are there any tuners to whom I could purchase a 1998 LS1 tune for Vortech kit in HP Tuners format? Or are there any tuners I could send the PCM to be reprogrammed?

I can get a Corvette tune from -98 A&A Vortech car but as injector size is different and as Vortech kit is anyway different than A&A, I would not want to go that route.

This is the kit my friend purchased:

http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/...on.php?pvk=642

Tune the car for what it has. Those tunes are just base tunes and are no good for the most part IMO.
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6FirebirdTA00 View Post
    Tune the car for what it has. Those tunes are just base tunes and are no good for the most part IMO.
    Well, that would be fine, but here in other side of the world (Nothern Europe), we do not have experienced LSx tuners.

(If you need more evidence, just check this. My 427 ended up with 6 melted plugs: http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/forced...ld-you-do.html )

You see, this is why I would prefer stock Vortech tune for my friend.

And for my C5 Z06 with the engine mentioned in the link: this time I won't - and let me repeat - I won't get anyone to touch my engine without being very experienced tuner. And as those are typically available only in U.S., I hope that one of them will once again fly to either Germany or Austria. And while I don't live anywhere near of those countries, driving 2000 miles from my country is not a big issue anymore if the tune is ok. And in my case the tune would be very special.

But for my friend, I would like to purchase a stock -98 Vortech tune. Please, anyone?

Do you have a WB? Do you have the pro interface? Some of those stock tunes can still cause issues.

Feel free to shoot me a PM.
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

Senior Tuner
    Vortech Engineering
    1650 Pacific Avenue
    Oxnard, CA 93033

Hours of Operation
    Monday - Friday
    9:00 am to 4:30 pm PST

Phone: 805-247-0226 OPTION # 2
    Fax: 805-247-0669

Contacted Vortech tech. line for you. They told me that I would need the following to get a copy of the tune.

UPDATE: F*! They never answered. Asked me to leave a message or some Sh!t after `30min. hold music/advetisements. Procharger RULES! Just kidding, sorry. Well I was expecting them to say you have to be original owner. Anyhow...

P.S. I suggest PM'in WS6FirebirdTA00. I think I know what he is gettin' at...friendly help with hookups?
    Janky Monkey Tuning

Call or PM for tuning solutions.

Cell 210-954-4985

Wrench turning provided by 2 Tightwads Racing.

Tune your own? Start here ----> Open Editor ---> Hit F1...READ!

READ SOME MORE (Thank username 69Lt1bird): http://ls1tuningguide.com/

Still lost? Consult a Pro!

www.thetuningschool.com
    www.calibratedsuccess.com
    www.tunedbyfrost.com

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6FirebirdTA00 View Post
    Do you have a WB? Do you have the pro interface? Some of those stock tunes can still cause issues.
    Yes I do. I will PM you tomorrow, thank you very much!

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantalope Kid View Post
    Contacted Vortech tech. line for you. They told me that I would need the following to get a copy of the tune.

UPDATE: F*! They never answered. Asked me to leave a message or some Sh!t after `30min. hold music/advetisements. Procharger RULES! Just kidding, sorry. Well I was expecting them to say you have to be original owner. Anyhow...
    Damn, you just confirmed what I expected from Vortech support. :-) Thank you anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by Cantalope Kid View Post
    P.S. I suggest PM'in WS6FirebirdTA00. I think I know what he is gettin' at...friendly help with hookups?
    Yep, I will send a PM tomorrow with more details of the case.

Sounds good.