Thread: PCM Swap? Help Please!

Advanced Tuner

PCM Swap? Help Please!

Hi All,

I tried this question in the general inf tuning but no respones, so I thought I'd better try it here!

I am hoping to make a 2nd PCM work in my car to have 2 different operating systems, & just straight swap pcm & hook up blower & bingo 2 different cars in 1!

How do I make another PCM to put into my car, I have the PCM but don't think it will just be as straight forward as disabling the anti-theft as I'm sure it will have to link to the bcm & possibly more!

Any help would be appreciated, as if it works I would like to try a few swap PCM's & I know it must be possible as there are a lot of people doing mail order pcm swaps!

Cheers Grant

Tuner
    i'm not sure exactly what your trying to do.

are you looking to have 2 pcm's...one for race and one for street. if thats the case then it shouldn't be a problem. you should program both pcm's with the same vin and the same tune, only change the areas in the race pcm to meet your goal. weather it be more timing or higher boost levels, different shift points etc... you will have to license both pcm's.
    There are easier ways to set up one pcm and allow you to operate as race or street on the same pcm.

Quote Originally Posted by Grant LS1 View Post
    Hi All,

I tried this question in the general inf tuning but no respones, so I thought I'd better try it here!

I am hoping to make a 2nd PCM work in my car to have 2 different operating systems, & just straight swap pcm & hook up blower & bingo 2 different cars in 1!

How do I make another PCM to put into my car, I have the PCM but don't think it will just be as straight forward as disabling the anti-theft as I'm sure it will have to link to the bcm & possibly more!

Any help would be appreciated, as if it works I would like to try a few swap PCM's & I know it must be possible as there are a lot of people doing mail order pcm swaps!

Cheers Grant
    Why are you wanting 2 PCM's instead of just flashing 2 tunes ? Just curious ?

Pitt
    2003 Z06 - 1.473 sixty foot , 383 Stroker NA, 390 Gear. Pete Incaudo Street Cam, Full interior, stock suspension, thru stock mufflers. All out of the box parts, no porting or tricks. 10.66 @ 129mph
    2000 Silverado, Best 1.53 sixty, 402 Stroker NA, 410 gears, Street cam, heads and Fast by Pete Incaudo 11.14@ 120 mph

Advanced Tuner
    Hey, thanks for the replies!

Well me & my brother have the same car & set up & want to be able to change blower & pcm & away we go without having to have laptop to reflash!

So I don't know how it will work with the different VIN No's!

Any ideas?