Thread: 2005 C6 - Retard vs % Torque Reduction table: upping the values improves torque!

Tuner in Training

2005 C6 - Retard vs % Torque Reduction table: upping the values improves torque!

I increase the values by 80% in the "Retard vs % Torque Reduction" table and the torque increased quite noticeably. Torque now comes up early in the throttle throughout the entire rpm band like you would expect from a large displacement engine such as the LS2.

For the first time I feel like this is the setting that has been holding my car back. And setting the values to all zeros did not impress me in terms of engine response--the stock values worked better in this regard.

I no longer doubt that torque management exists. IT DOES!

Just sharing....

Quote Originally Posted by kgb View Post
    I increase the values by 80% in the "Retard vs % Torque Reduction" table and the torque increased quite noticeably. Torque now comes up early in the throttle throughout the entire rpm band like you would expect from a large displacement engine such as the LS2.

For the first time I feel like this is the setting that has been holding my car back. And setting the values to all zeros did not impress me in terms of engine response--the stock values worked better in this regard.

Just sharing....
    torque management can also protect parts of your vehicle from suddenly breaking

keep this in mind when you go and change things like that
    the stock vehcile with a person with not a lot of budget for repairs should leave this alone
    -Scott -

Advanced Tuner
    Hmmm. If you are seeng torque increase by increasing these values then you were running too much timing to start with

Quote Originally Posted by kgb View Post

Just sharing....
    Where is this table? Is it an auto trans thing?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by MNR-0 View Post
    Hmmm. If you are seeng torque increase by increasing these values then you were running too much timing to start with
    Every was stock except these values when I made the adjustment.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Diss View Post
    Where is this table? Is it an auto trans thing?
    I believe this is a "2005 c6" thing. The auto trans should have the same table.