Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My 2007 TBSS tune (v2)

Senior Tuner

My 2007 TBSS tune (v2)

Edit: Pulled file for now, working on one with better timing tables and no inconsistancies between high/low octane.

I have finally come up with a tune I like enough to post. I consider it better than the first tune I posted as it really responds better, especially for gear ranges/downshifts. I have also reduced throttle sensitivity a little to make it more smooth while at the same time greatly increased tip in response and feel.

If you don't look at the RPM's and gear shift indicator when in 4th, you might think it's in 3rd when you press the gas, the response is just that much better.

I do not know if it's faster overall but it's pretty close, just better driving.

This tune was made using the new beta 2.x with the added tables for accellerator limits, shift times, etc...so make sure you run the latest beta or newer version to get all the settings.

BTW: This tune increases your stock converters stall speed to 2200 RPM if your brakes can hold the tires from spinning (no problem with AWD)
    Last edited by BBA; 05-25-2009 at 08:42 PM.

Tuner in Training
    I cant open it, i am getting an error saying "unable to open file, index was outside the bounds of array"
    Last edited by BlkTbSS07; 02-21-2009 at 10:19 PM.
    2007 Trailblazer SS

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by BlkTbSS07 View Post
    I cant open it, i am getting an error saying "unable to open file, index was outside the bounds of array"
    Do you have the latest Beta, 2.23? As BBA mentioned, he produced this calibration using the latest release.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by dcpatters View Post
    Do you have the latest Beta, 2.23? As BBA mentioned, he produced this calibration using the latest release.
    Opps, didn't realize, I still have 2.22. I emailed support requesting the beta.
    2007 Trailblazer SS

Advanced Tuner
    This is for a STOCK tbss? Will this work on a 2006 or does it have to be 2007?
    2012 Chevy Cruze A6 1LT RS

Formerly - 2004 GTO, 2002 Z28, 2007 Colorado, 2008 Silverado

Tuner in Training
    Just loaded the tune tonight, it seems to run real well, although there is some slight KR under part throttle.

I have a CAI..
    93 Octane..

Im still new at tuning, so how would I go about adjusting KR?
    2007 Trailblazer SS

Tuner in Training
    Just loaded the tune tonight, it seems to run real well, although there is some slight KR under part throttle.

I have a CAI..
    93 Octane..

Did you scan the run and note in which cells the KR is appearing? If so, I'd look at adjusting the High Octane Table. How about WOT runs? Is there KR appearing?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by dcpatters View Post
    Did you scan the run and note in which cells the KR is appearing? If so, I'd look at adjusting the High Octane Table. How about WOT runs? Is there KR appearing?

Yes I scanned, yeah I know what cells the KR is appearing in. But what exactly would I adjust in the high octane table? I didn't do any WOT runs, I plan to tomorrow.

Sorry, like I said, I'm still new at tuning.
    2007 Trailblazer SS

Advanced Tuner
    subtract timing from the cells in the HO table where you are seeing knock retard in your logs
    2012 Chevy Cruze A6 1LT RS

Formerly - 2004 GTO, 2002 Z28, 2007 Colorado, 2008 Silverado

Senior Tuner

I have a CAI..
    93 Octane..

Log your IAT's and see where the IAT reduction is when you get the KR. You might be better off increasing the IAT reduction table value where the KR is occurring to prevent it since I have this perfected for driving in cold weather and think any timing reduction needed will be at IAT temps over 90ยบ.

Potential Tuner
    Your tune couldn't have come in a better time. It has been one of those months where bad things happen in threes. One I f'ed up my back bad, been through the MRI, pain management, and waiting to see the neurosurgeon. Two, we got water in the basement, where my wife (I couldn't help because my back) took out roughly 35 gallons of water. Three, while doing a important update in Windows Vista, my computer froze on the third stage of the install at 84%. It then rebooted and kept getting stuck and reboot; ultimately corrupting the boot up sequence. I had to have a computer nerd reinstall Vista and make it right. I lost about a months worth of data, pictures, including my maps.

So tomorrow I plan on hooking up my computer/HPtuner software to my TBSS and re-register my VIN and install your map. So with this map installed, I am hoping this will start the new way.

Thank you very much

Potential Tuner
    Ah, but I need the beta release. I am guessing I have to email Kelly or Kelly?

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by firedawgs View Post
    Ah, but I need the beta release. I am guessing I have to email Kelly or Kelly?
    Just email [email protected] I think.

Senior Tuner
    BTW: This tune has an added bonus...it increases the converter stall speed by virtue of increased bottom end torque. The stock tune brake stalls between 1800 and 2000 RPM, this tune makes enough power to brake stall at 2200 RPM.

Potential Tuner
    I have a 2007 Trailblazer SS CAI 93 octane and exhaust. Would this tune be alright for mine?

And do you guys have any ideas on tuning for a 75 shot of nitrous?
    Sorry Im new and am reading around.

Potential Tuner
    Would this work on a 06 TBSS AWS

Potential Tuner
    I have a 2007 chevy trailblazer ss and every time I download and try to flash a tune it is saying I must give up another 2 credits? I dont understand why? Its all on the same vehichle shouldnt I only have to give up the two credits for that vehichle?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Sounds like you need to contact support with a vcm suite infolog while connected to the vehicle in question as well as the file you are trying to write to the pcm that our software is asking for more credits for.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    BBA,

I just re-flashed your tune, and I noticed on startup, and letting it idle for a few, I smell like a fuel smell. Could it be running to rich?

Jetttstream CAI, 93 octane, 2007 AWD
    2007 Trailblazer SS

Interesting. I'l have to load this to see if I get the same....

You gotta hand it to BBA, very respectible of releasing something free to the public you put time and effort into.

"thanks"

-Mike