Thread: Where do you find flow sheet/chart for injectors?

Tuner in Training

Where do you find flow sheet/chart for injectors?

The guy who is tuning my car doesn't know where to find these numbers and neither do I.

They are Lucas 01d129b injectors. I guess he needs some sheet that says the injectors flow:
    X@ N volts
    Y@ M volts

Etc. What they flow at what voltage, dead times, and whatever else you need in order to tune. How do I find this? I've been hunting on google all day and haven't found anything. But I don't know what else to search. Tried a bunch of different ways, but obviously I don't know what I'm doing.

Thanks.

Sounds like a dsm tuner talking about dead time lol. Go to this link and go down a little and you will see it. http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...t=35981&page=2

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by laser_racer View Post
    Sounds like a dsm tuner talking about dead time lol. Go to this link and go down a little and you will see it. http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...t=35981&page=2
    Sorry. There is a reason I don't do this myself. I got nothing. So the numbers for the 80's on there would be the right numbers? Cuz these are apparently 75's...Is there some sort of multiplier to use?

I know I sound really stupid.....I apologize.

Where did you get 75s? I wouldn't use those settings. I mean they might work but wouldn't be right. How come you didn't get 79s or 80s?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by laser_racer View Post
    Where did you get 75s? I wouldn't use those settings. I mean they might work but wouldn't be right. How come you didn't get 79s or 80s?
    I thought they were 79s. Seriously.

The guy that I bought them from even thought they were 79s or 80s. Had them installed, tuned, and drove for a long time on them. I think they were tuned like 80s.

I bought them, installed them, and when my tuner asked me to find the flow sheet for them, I started searching online and everything says that they are 75s.

http://www.fiveomotorsport.com/domes...rs/?itemid=322

Some of the sites say 80s though...

Lucas
    Part Number.....cc/min........lb/hr........Rating @ (Bar)....Ohm..Connector
    01D129B...........860............82............... ...3............12.8.........EV1

from this site:

http://injector-rehab.com/shop/Flow_Rates.html

what numbers should I trust?

Man I have no idea on that one I can't say I have seen anyone use those.

Advanced Tuner
    Those in the picture look short.. The 80's are long. What color is the rubber on them?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by HNRClothing View Post
    Those in the picture look short.. The 80's are long. What color is the rubber on them?
    They're the same length, just really fat. you mean the O-rings? I thing they're black. I don't know otherwise.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    if you had them injector flow rated to the factory fuel rail pressure you could use the sheet to find the exact numbers you need.....
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Tuner in Training
    Now I'm getting the whole stupid "unable to connect to vcm suite" problem again!!! Aaaaaargh. I'm going to kill something! I have tuned the car with this computer before. Nothing has changed! Nothing since the last tune. I hate my car!

I don't know if your tuner found the correct values or not, but there is a spreadsheet in this forum that you just plug the your numbers 75# @ 45PSI on the Cobalt SS tab and it'll give you the flow values; however he'll have to be creative and do some scaling since the flow table on your car is limited to 63.5#.
    I believe the connection issue was due to them using older drivers.