Thread: 07 Silverado VE E38

07 Silverado VE E38

Just wondering if anybody has any experience using bluecats program to tune the ve table on an 07-08 VMAX. I just put on some long tubes and gave it a shot this morning. I figured my ve would be way lean, but the stft's were all about -10 to -5. Just wondering if this is normal. No wideband so I am relying on stft's. All the logging was done when the sensors should have been plenty warm. Thanks a bunch.

I have on a 5.3l in a S-10 with the E38 and bluecats program. Let me tell you if he chimes in with a paypal adress I would like to donate some money to him lol. It works great!!!!!!!!!!

Specs on the 5.3l: 07' iron block, 224r Texas-speed cam, PRC duals, 7.400" pushrods, shorty headers and 3" exhaust.

Running it Speed Density open loop. Idles at 15:1, lean cruising at 16:1, WOT 12.6-12.9:1

Here is the first dyno pull, cut it short still more tuning to do. unlocked converter 20" chrome wheels and 23-24 degrees advance with year old gas.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by hellbents10 View Post
    I have on a 5.3l in a S-10 with the E38 and bluecats program. Let me tell you if he chimes in with a paypal adress I would like to donate some money to him lol. It works great!!!!!!!!!!

Specs on the 5.3l: 07' iron block, 224r Texas-speed cam, PRC duals, 7.400" pushrods, shorty headers and 3" exhaust.

Running it Speed Density open loop. Idles at 15:1, lean cruising at 16:1, WOT 12.6-12.9:1

Here is the first dyno pull, cut it short still more tuning to do. unlocked converter 20" chrome wheels and 23-24 degrees advance with year old gas.

change those shorty headers to long tubes, put on an ls6 intake and some ls6 springs and you'll make power up to 6500 instead of it droppin off at 5800.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by S|CKZ71 View Post
    change those shorty headers to long tubes, put on an ls6 intake and some ls6 springs and you'll make power up to 6500 instead of it droppin off at 5800.
    the power does not drop off. he just cut the pull short. and why would you replace a 90 mm truck intake with a 78 mm ls6 manifold that won't flow as well?

I'm also curious of others that have used the BlueCat software with a E38. I need to get on this.
    2008 GMC Sierra RCSB 4.8L

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSBcolo View Post
    the power does not drop off. he just cut the pull short. and why would you replace a 90 mm truck intake with a 78 mm ls6 manifold that won't flow as well?

I'm also curious of others that have used the BlueCat software with a E38. I need to get on this.
    have you ever saw a dyno that didnt cut the pull short? power drops off after 5800 rpms. truck intake has longer runners for more torque down low. the ls6 intake pulls better all the way to 6500. if you have the money its best to get the FAST 90/90. but what do i know