Thread: Saab 2.8 guys, I've got a personal question

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

Saab 2.8 guys, I've got a personal question

Not so much personal but how do you like your cars?

My 00 GTP is getting a bit dated so I'm thinking of upgrading a bit, I've tossed around a ton of ideas, everything from a Hemi 300C, cobalt ss/sc, HHR TC, another LS1 fbody(I'm an fbody guy at heart) & the saab.

I haven't test driven one as honestly I'm just in the beginning stages of looking but wanted to know your long term feelings about the cars.

I would probably opt for one of the 9-3 wagon's as it would probably accomodate my growing family better than the sedan would(not by much).

Thanks for the input guys!

-Bill

PS don't make this into a we want more tables thread as I don't do that here I just answer the tech emails
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    Very good car .......a little nose heavy.... 2.0lt turbo is best!!! nice drive at around 300hp.

We drive hard and fast in the UK and Europe so a "Abbott Motorsport" handling upgrade is worth a look.

Did not enjoy the auto so stick with the manual

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Yeah it would definitely be a manual tranny, I want the 2.8 knowing its a supported pcm already so the 2.0 really isn't an option for me as I know how I am with cars

Has anyone gotten 1/4 mile times/mph with one stock M6 2.8 TC v6 yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Yeah it would definitely be a manual tranny, I want the 2.8 knowing its a supported pcm already so the 2.0 really isn't an option for me as I know how I am with cars

Has anyone gotten 1/4 mile times/mph with one stock M6 2.8 TC v6 yet?
    M6 2.8T V6 Combi (Wagon) 1/4 mile time stock is around 14.8 seconds at 97 mph. With a little help from HP Tuners you can easily hit 14.0 at 102.5 mph.

http://www.dragtimes.com/Saab--9-3-Drag-Racing.html

I absolutely love my 2007 2.8T M6 sedan, it is by far the best Saab I have owned. This is my 5th Saab (1989 9000CD, 1996 900S, 2001 9-3s, 2005 9-2X Aero, and the 2007 9-3 Aero)

Go for it Bill!

get the new G8 gt and keep the gp too! G8 most powerful car under 30,000! that's what iam thinking about doing, STAY A PONTIAC MAN!!!
    Last edited by robfromlouisville; 02-11-2009 at 07:51 PM.
    98 GRAND PRIX GTP ,02 GRAND PRIX GT TURBO A2A IC.

Tuner
    JEEP SRT 8... is next in line when my GTP dies.
    2004 GTP: 3.8L SC, XP CAM, 85MM Maf, 105# Springs, 3.3" Pulley, Autolite 103's K&N CAI, 3" Downpipe: TOG Headers, #39 Cobra Injectors, ZZP Crate motor with CNC Ported Heads, NGK AFX Wideband

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I'm trying to stay in the $10-15k range, finding a low mileage 06-07 saab 9-3 shouldn't be a problem for that money from what I can tell, finding a G8 in that price range would be difficult I believe though I haven't looked into it much.

Advanced Tuner
    Honeoye,Ny. Boondox son. Shoot guns out my back door. noone cares.
    Since we live on a hill we have to have AWD. If it were my cheddar Id look for whatever saab coupe/wagon came with the
    F40X 6sp w AWD
    2.0L turbo or turbo 2.8L
    Me love boost long time.

Go for the HHR SS, Bill. HHRs are cool.

Good engineering is simply finding the right wrench to pound in the correct screw.

Tuner in Training
    I'm trying to stay in the $10-15k range, finding a low mileage 06-07 saab 9-3 shouldn't be a problem for that money from what I can tell, finding a G8 in that price range would be difficult I believe though I haven't looked into it much.
    if you want an 08 G8, I have seen them for as cheap as 17k, so if your planing to buy in a few months, you could probably get one for 15kish
    02 GP GT top swaped...some other mods, headers waiting to go in

Not so much personal but how do you like your cars?

My 00 GTP is getting a bit dated so I'm thinking of upgrading a bit, I've tossed around a ton of ideas, everything from a Hemi 300C, cobalt ss/sc, HHR TC, another LS1 fbody(I'm an fbody guy at heart) & the saab.

I haven't test driven one as honestly I'm just in the beginning stages of looking but wanted to know your long term feelings about the cars.

I would probably opt for one of the 9-3 wagon's as it would probably accomodate my growing family better than the sedan would(not by much).

Thanks for the input guys!

-Bill

PS don't make this into a we want more tables thread as I don't do that here I just answer the tech emails
    I think this is more of a "Get a saab so you're more inclined to push alloytec table development" kinda thread.

The 9-3 Sportcombi has tons of room and does not sacrifice anything as far as performance or handling goes. They're great cars all around, solid, long warrantys, and we're gonna see really hefty rebates start TOMORROW according to GM premium brand management on 2008 models (2008 aeros will have a good chunk of discount)

Quote Originally Posted by lmpreza View Post
    I think this is more of a "Get a saab so you're more inclined to push alloytec table development" kinda thread.

The 9-3 Sportcombi has tons of room and does not sacrifice anything as far as performance or handling goes. They're great cars all around, solid, long warrantys, and we're gonna see really hefty rebates start TOMORROW according to GM premium brand management on 2008 models (2008 aeros will have a good chunk of discount)
    Update:
    Yep, 8,500 cash discount, no stipulations!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Nice, If I only had $35 grand to throw at a car right now lol

Thanks for the heads up however hehe

Potential Tuner
    Bill,

Maybe you can contact me. I have a 2008 93 Aero with the vtuner tuning, but i would like to tweak the tune. I am very close to Trenton and i thought you might be able to help me out with the HPTuner suite.

Mike

Advanced Tuner
    I'm trying to stay in the $10-15k range
    just a suggestion in that price range - another w body only v8 this time ? 06/07 impala ss maybe ?

plenty of room for the family and starting to see them in the $11-13k asking range so you can probably find one for $10k

they run about a 14 flat stock so intake , exhaust ,tune & dr's should make a nice daily high 12 sec driver

its an LS based motor so skys the limit ( other than trans upgrades) -zzp just started making mod rockers for LSX too...
    Last edited by murphinator; 03-18-2009 at 02:02 PM.
    PB's 1/4 mi 12.21 117.75 trap ,1/8 mi. 7.779 93.99trap , 1.949 short time (FWD W body)

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I want a manual transmission hence the reason for my options with the exception of the 300c.

-Bill

Potential Tuner
    Bill, I actually have a 2008 G8 GT (Vararam and HP Tuner tuned) and a 2007 Saab 9-3 Aero. I have some questions on HP tuners about the Saab and the support offered by HP Tuners but I cannot send you a PM. How can I reach you?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    sales at hptuners.com for pre sales questions

support at hptuners.com for post sale questions regarding support related issues.

Potential Tuner
    Great vehicle overall.

I just traded my 06' SportCombi Aero auto 2 weeks ago for a brand new 09' Sports Sedan Auto with the incredible XWD system.

The 06' was a great car and I had it tuned by BSR. The tranny is the Aisin AF40 which has problematic valve bodies which I encountered. Saab gave me a $2000 voucher towards a new car which I decided to do.

You might have some difficulty finding a sportwagon in a manual. There were limited wagons which were limited in the Aero form and even more so with manuals. I just did a search on Autotrader and there are 7 in the country--a few in the NE. Go for it Bill!

Advanced Tuner
    so what did you end up buying?