Page 9 of 44 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Ford tuning in AUS

Tuner
    Off topic, will lean spikes across a wot run in turbo 6 possible be a fuel pressure regulator?? I've adjusted map per airmass imrc open table up to 20% in the lean areas and no noticeable afr change
    06 F6 typhoon, DEKA 60lb, walbro intank, 12psi actuator, 36mm ported internal gate, dump, cat, plazmaman 1100hp cooler and plenum kit... 348RWKW....(SOLD) SAVE FUEL TUNE LEAN AND REMEMBER PING IS POWER!!!*********MASSIVE THANKS TO ROB @ MONSTA TORQUE*******

So it's all fixed up then Luke?

How lean and is the car misfiring at all?

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by F6R View Post
    So it's all fixed up then Luke?

How lean and is the car misfiring at all?

No still at panel shop, was just thinking through some ideas and thought I'd ask... Ah will wonder from 11.8 to 12.7 and back down to 12.0 at about 5500 rpm but that only happens when u floor it, if u gradually accelerate still rapidly it'll sit between 11.8-12.0 the whole run????
    06 F6 typhoon, DEKA 60lb, walbro intank, 12psi actuator, 36mm ported internal gate, dump, cat, plazmaman 1100hp cooler and plenum kit... 348RWKW....(SOLD) SAVE FUEL TUNE LEAN AND REMEMBER PING IS POWER!!!*********MASSIVE THANKS TO ROB @ MONSTA TORQUE*******

Tuner in Training

Help with tune.

Hi guys,
    I am lucky to be helping with a BA XR6 turbo ute that turns out to be a ex ford test vehicle.
    The ute was the test mule for the 6 speeds.
    The vehicle is now used at street drags and require some help.
    I need to turn off torque management or traction control as the rev limiter keeps changing any were from 5000 to 6200.
    Also would like to speed up throttle response.
    I have upload the tune but you will need V2.23.3678.18933 beta to read it.
    If anyone can help it would be great.
    thanks
    Apples
    Last edited by Apples; 01-28-2010 at 05:46 AM.

Tuner
    why can i not read this i have the latest version????

Advanced Tuner
    I don't think "throttle response" and "Ford" go in the same sentence. Their intake pipes are long and small. They really need an OTR or 4-BBL

Tuner

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by MNR-0 View Post
    I don't think "throttle response" and "Ford" go in the same sentence. Their intake pipes are long and small. They really need an OTR or 4-BBL

For xr6t use plaz, Nizpro or process went under battery with k& n pod or custom 4 inch intake with pod where the battery is visit www.plamaman.com.au

I cant read it either

Nor me.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Apples View Post
    Hi guys,
    I am lucky to be helping with a BA XR6 turbo ute that turns out to be a ex ford test vehicle.
    The ute was the test mule for the 6 speeds.
    The vehicle is now used at street drags and require some help.
    I need to turn off torque management or traction control as the rev limiter keeps changing any were from 5000 to 6200.
    Also would like to speed up throttle response.
    I have upload the tune but you will need V2.23.3678.18933 beta to read it.
    If anyone can help it would be great.
    thanks
    Apples
    I can view it fine

Rev Limiters dont change its 6200rpm.
    Coil packs fail and cause misfire which it probably what your getting at 5k
    or spark plugs, Check the gap .7-.8mm works well and i found copper plugs work better over iridium and platinum

Tuner
    Hrmmm how come I can't read it, this is gay is it my version?

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by lukearmstrong View Post
    Hrmmm how come I can't read it, this is gay is it my version?
    you will need V2.23.3678.18933 beta to read it
    Its the version link they sent out a few weeks ago

So just so I understand the licensing correctly. You can read & save the file from any vehicle. However you can only modify & save a HPT file that has been licensed??

(im pretty sure in the early version you could modify & save & only license when you went to upload the modified tune back into the vehicle???)

Tuner
    Correct

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by STATESMAN View Post
    I can view it fine

Rev Limiters dont change its 6200rpm.
    Coil packs fail and cause misfire which it probably what your getting at 5k
    or spark plugs, Check the gap .7-.8mm works well and i found copper plugs work better over iridium and platinum
    could also be valve springs.. even in the FG models have found them to be pretty shit...

Tuner in Training
    The first thing we did was replaced the clutch with a Clutch Industries twin plate assembly and fitted Atomic Performance valve springs.
    I will be checking the Coils and fitting new plugs when I see the vehicle next.
    The clutch was slipping when they got the ute and I am not surprised with the weight diet we removed a super heavy heavy duty tow bar.
    It took three people to lift it. Ford Aust didn't want it to bend when pulling the dyno trailer.
    Thanks for the good info.

Anyone able to share there bosch 968 scale settings for an xr6t??
    just want to confirm that I have done it correctly when converting from my sct scales files..

cheers

For the 968's in my BF I'm running high flow at 55lb/hr and low at 92lb/hr with breakpoint of 0.0000094

I set the low flow based on the best average STFT values.

Breakpoint needs some work, but all in all these numbers will get you rolling.

cheers see how i go, some trial & error by the sounds......

Tuner
    Have also ran 0.0000094 breakpoint with deka 60 in mine pre cooler. Now at 0.0000168