Page 8 of 44 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Ford tuning in AUS

Tuner
    Mine seemed pretty acurate pre cooler kit and pre incident, would average abot 10.0ltrs/100km... Km per tanks seemed close, how far out is yours?
    06 F6 typhoon, DEKA 60lb, walbro intank, 12psi actuator, 36mm ported internal gate, dump, cat, plazmaman 1100hp cooler and plenum kit... 348RWKW....(SOLD) SAVE FUEL TUNE LEAN AND REMEMBER PING IS POWER!!!*********MASSIVE THANKS TO ROB @ MONSTA TORQUE*******

Mine is 1.1 to 1.2 l/100k's out/high since the 968's went in. My odo distance travelled is the same.

Rumour has it the body control module is the culprit.......

Tuner
    Hey guys, any chance someone could run us through the things in a bf F6 that will add fuel while trying to tune I think I may be missing something way does everyone else disable, cat over temp.....
    Last edited by lukearmstrong; 01-04-2010 at 03:25 PM.
    06 F6 typhoon, DEKA 60lb, walbro intank, 12psi actuator, 36mm ported internal gate, dump, cat, plazmaman 1100hp cooler and plenum kit... 348RWKW....(SOLD) SAVE FUEL TUNE LEAN AND REMEMBER PING IS POWER!!!*********MASSIVE THANKS TO ROB @ MONSTA TORQUE*******

Advanced Tuner
    add it in the base fuel table

Tuner
    Ah I meant things that will add without me knowing such as cat overtemp and like in gm dfco etc etc?

variable cam

Just curious if anyone has attempted at modifying the variable cam section, if so what would they recommend????

I have had a play, but had other issues preventing me from making a decent upgrade.

Of all the things I've tuned over the years, with the exception of some honda's, there is always gains to be had!

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by F6R View Post
    I have had a play, but had other issues preventing me from making a decent upgrade.

Of all the things I've tuned over the years, with the exception of some honda's, there is always gains to be had!

I can't remember where but I read somewhere here, may have even been an old PM of mine that changing cam tables (turbo 6) gained 5 rwkw

Anyone grabbed the latest version of the software? Anything new? 2.23.3647

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by F6R View Post

I can't remember where but I read somewhere here, may have even been an old PM of mine that changing cam tables (turbo 6) gained 5 rwkw

qoute from VYSSLS1:

fuel base and borderline knock are the main ones to play with..

have played with the cam tables on the turbo 6 and got around 5-7rwkw in the mid range

Tuner
    That's the one

im just curious as to which cam tables he is refering too

Tuner
    Pm Dale from castle hill, he may be able to help

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by VYSSLS1 View Post
    Im not sure that sct even logs knock i dont think it does, from what i was told by a mate

that did some training in melb they told them to turn off knock sensors, get the engine to knock, pull a deg out and turn on knock sensor....

Im going to get yhis system which will interface straight into my dyno or hpt pro interface
    www.phormula.co.uk
    I use this one, made here in melb and is as good as my knock box. Full laptop datalogging or scanning (hpt talk)

http://www.gizzmoelectronics.com/Product_KMON.html

cheers Trent @ Status Tuning

Advanced Tuner
    at $1466 it would want to make you coffee as well...

Anyone grabbed the latest version of the software? Anything new? 2.23.3647

Not yet how do we get updates?

Advanced Tuner
    Everything about it looked great - until I read it was powered by USB alone. I want to be able to use this without a laptop so that killed it for me

Advanced Tuner
    i would just power it off the dyno but im not going to pay $1400+ for it..

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by VYSSLS1 View Post
    i would just power it off the dyno but im not going to pay $1400+ for it..

I did look at the price, exy but guess it would be top notch gear