Page 6 of 44 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Ford tuning in AUS

Potential Tuner
    i reloaded the standard tune back in and started fresh So far i have only rescaled injector settings for 42lb injectors and raised the boost, also changed the electronic throttle max to 90deg and throttle max vs rpm all to 90 and throttle vs pedal angle to 90deg in the full throttle positions. But still only getting 82deg on the scanner even with engine switched off just with ign on. i also disabled the torque module switch.
    also i'm getting a DTC for "throttle actuator, forced engine shut down".

Tuner
    I personally would put all ETC back to stock and try it. I havent actually check tps % vs ETC angle % but it may be similar to Gm with SAE Voltage=% reading where 100% tps will scan as max 80~%

Potential Tuner
    i ended up ringing Mario at Vcm Aus and he set me straight, there were some settings in the TQM i missed, going to try it on the car tomorrow, fingers crossed will be right. thanks anyway stato

Isn't reason it only shows 82 degree when logging WOT because the buttlerfly sits in roughly 9 degrees at idle or 0 ???

Tuner

Post f6 typhoon

hi guys,

im after some help... i have a typhoon that is supposed to run 13 psi and a week ago i put it on the dyno and the afr was between 10 and 11.2, it should be 12 and its noticeably rich by looking at the exhaust smoke. also it has boost spike up to 17.5 psi intermitently, does anyone have any ideas or have you seen it before???
    06 F6 typhoon, DEKA 60lb, walbro intank, 12psi actuator, 36mm ported internal gate, dump, cat, plazmaman 1100hp cooler and plenum kit... 348RWKW....(SOLD) SAVE FUEL TUNE LEAN AND REMEMBER PING IS POWER!!!*********MASSIVE THANKS TO ROB @ MONSTA TORQUE*******

Simple question.... What is max recommended boost to run on a stock BA mk2 6m turbo on 98??

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by lukearmstrong View Post
    hi guys,

im after some help... i have a typhoon that is supposed to run 13 psi and a week ago i put it on the dyno and the afr was between 10 and 11.2, it should be 12 and its noticeably rich by looking at the exhaust smoke. also it has boost spike up to 17.5 psi intermitently, does anyone have any ideas or have you seen it before???
    Poorly calibrated duty cycle and gain control? Also, measure the AFR at the CAT, not the tailpipe

Tuner
    thanks for the reply mate its all sorted now, you were right, the wastegate being standard had a lot to do with it, so i got it proted and put a 12psi actuator on it, fuel was all over the place, timing was horrible just detonation everywhere.... i basically started from scratch, but this time i took the second O2 sensor out and put the wideband there and i felt the data was more reliable. car seems happy now strill havent put it on a dyno, but just ordered a plazmaman 1000hp cooler and plenum kit with 1100hp cooler core. cant wait... all though my timing seems on the limit yet at 2.00 load from 300rpm up its only at 7-8 degrees, i was told it should be more like 10-12, any idea?
    06 F6 typhoon, DEKA 60lb, walbro intank, 12psi actuator, 36mm ported internal gate, dump, cat, plazmaman 1100hp cooler and plenum kit... 348RWKW....(SOLD) SAVE FUEL TUNE LEAN AND REMEMBER PING IS POWER!!!*********MASSIVE THANKS TO ROB @ MONSTA TORQUE*******

Advanced Tuner
    Do some tuning on the dyno - that will be your best bet

Don't go boost hungry though. All boost is is air you are not using - for an otherwise factory engine more boost doesn't necessarily equate to more hosrepower

Free-flowing exhaust and intercooler is mandatory

Can't help on the timing issue - 7* ain't bad though - if it makes the power you want with that then good

What plugs you running? It's not unreasonable to gap them at 0.020 to avoid spark blowout and misfire

Tuner
    i have no idea what the plugs are gapped at but it doenst missfire or anything like that. it feels strong atm, but cooler kit and 17 psi should make me happy.

7 degrees not bad??? not going to get the exhaust too hot with 7 degrees timing? any more like 8.5 or 9 degrees detonates as it reaches full boost.

i dont have acces to a dyno as i dont really want anyone in town to know my mate and i have the software and i dont see them hiring out there dyno to soeone whos never used one before.... anyideas as to how i can work form on-road tuning?

Anyone able to give some tips....

tuning a stock BA turbo... it won't take any more boost than standard...

runs fine stock, as soon as I put even 7psi into it it breaks down at 3000rpm.

New regapped plugs have been fitted, boost solenoid has been check & sprayed....

I'm now a bit lost, obviously checked all of the hoses & clamps for boost leak...

its not a pinging noise bit it kind of goes brrrrrrrrtttttttttttttt like spark is shutting off.....

any clues???

Have disable all torque reduction in the software.......

Tuner
    Coil pack failures on them are very common and symptoms are as you described

thanks... yeah i have be doing a little more research & it has to be them......

Tuner

Turbo 6

Hey wondering if anyone can help... Does anyone know how I can write an antilag program for a manual turbo 6.... This is something I am serious on doing provided it's not too expensive. Can it be done with factory ecu or is stand alone unit required.., does anyone have any proto types around.

Are you familiar with the function of antilag systems and the numerous control strategies required?

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by F6R View Post
    Are you familiar with the function of antilag systems and the numerous control strategies required?
    to be totally honest not really, i know on jappa cars standalone comuters have the parameter already in it, wanted to know if aftermarket ecu was teh only way to go for this function,

is it really bigger than ben hurr?

I've been using various strategies of antilag for many many years, in applications from road to race, circuit, strip, you name it.

Most people who are NOT race drivers who drive race cars in appropriate events actually hate it - a lot of people want it simply for the flame throwing and noises.

Seeing as you are in Perth, as am I, I am more than happy to go through a range of the systems and the theories with you if you're prepared to come in.

Tuner
    im in kalgoorlie mate but will be sure to let you know when im in perth, would be really interested in discusdsing options with you... thank you very much for you replies.

No prob mate.

Anyone had experience with the 4 speed auto? Got a car in that stalls when coming to a stop, and it seems like the trans is hanging on too long.