Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344 LastLast

Thread: Ford tuning in AUS

Tuner in Training
    ok, thanks. Just to be sure, just the prop gain map and leave the other prop gain values 'min on boost, max on boost etc as they are?
    Last edited by bachig24u; 05-09-2014 at 08:32 AM.

Tuner
    if you look at the pic I posted
    The stuff that I changed are coloured pink, zero them

Tuner
    What sort of knock listening devices are people using? If any

Advanced Tuner
    Ive got a Smith's racing service Knock box. Its good but If I had my time again I would try a gizmo one, as they have a digital output apparantly so you can log it to your laptop. But hopfully the HP scanner will be upgraded shortly with those pids included and we can have them in a normal log-in that case the old Smiths Knock box will continue to do the job.

Tuner
    Alrighty cool, I've just been browsing the market and there's some pretty good stuff out there. I've just upgraded my LM-1 for an LM-2 and am looking to take the next step and get some sort of knock detection device, this is still only a hobby but if I'm gonna do it I might as well do it properly haha. I've looked into the knock box, the gizzmo, Phormula knock analyser pro and the plex knock monitor, which are all similar pricing around the $1k mark, but the last 3 give an output signal so like you suggest it can be hooked up to vcm scanner. I'm just loving all this new technology

Advanced Tuner
    sparkect2.jpg

Can anyone explain how this table works?

looking for some pointers.
    i have just up load some tunes from a mates a car that has been tuned.
    witch timing table would you use to tune at wot
    spark borderline knock
    mbt spark
    as one of these table is still the same as the stand table
    just asking to see as a few other tunes they have altered both tables
    thanks

Tuner in Training
    Bugsy,
    All clear, Thank you for your help.. I will make the changes and get some good logs out of it.

Advanced Tuner
    A speedometer question, can anyone confirm when putting a larger profile tyre on a 19 inch wheel (35 to 40 series) on an FG falcon given there is no software control over the auto transmission does it auto scale the transmission change points when you change the settings for correct speedo reading or not.

Thanks

Advanced Tuner
    That change is happening after the transmission (like diff gear changes) so it only throw's the speedo out, the transmission only see's changes when it's between the flywheel & speedo sensor!

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant LS1 View Post
    That change is happening after the transmission (like diff gear changes) so it only throw's the speedo out, the transmission only see's changes when it's between the flywheel & speedo sensor!
    Grant thanks for the response however my understanding is any change in the speed sensor signal is received by the PCM then processed to drive the speedo to determine at what speed the vehicle is travelling, this speed is then used to determine at what speed the gear change needs to occur as per the transmission tune program setting. So I suspect because the FG has no VCM suite transmission software control then yes the speedo can be adjusted to read correct but bringing the auto gear change to occur at the correct speed is not happening.

To further confirm this theory is a test on an LS1 tune file with a change to the tyre profile only, does change the kph speed settings in the transmission tune.

If this is the case then I have to go to a smaller wheel with a higher profile tyre rather than using a higher profile tyre on my existing wheels.

Can anyone confim that my assumption is correct or incorrect.

Thanks
    Last edited by Yortt; 05-13-2014 at 07:17 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Speedo is driven by a speed signal from the ABS unit. Speed is derived from the abs tone rings on the rear wheels. Ford then uses the tire size/revs/km to determine vehicle speed. As Grant mentioned changing to a larger wheel won't effect the shift points and the are still essentially operating in a closed loop system
    (when comparing shift points to engine rpm) however the shift points v actual vehicle speed (not speed indicated by the speedo) will be off.

I would suggest you have a read of this thread - http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...edo-Correction

I have done exactly as per described with my BF F6 when switching from 275/30/19's to 275/35/19's and they speed and shift points are correct.

if you do not disable the VID Block the car will continue to use the data stored there so changing the REVs/Km wont make any difference
    Last edited by hiddeous; 05-13-2014 at 07:56 PM.
    04 Velocity MKII M6 & 06 BF F6 555 ZF6

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by hiddeous View Post
    Speedo is driven by a speed signal from the ABS unit. Speed is derived from the abs tone rings on the rear wheels. Ford then uses the tire size/revs/km to determine vehicle speed. As Grant mentioned changing to a larger wheel won't effect the shift points and the are still essentially operating in a closed loop system
    (when comparing shift points to engine rpm) however the shift points v actual vehicle speed (not speed indicate be the speedo) will be off.

I would suggest you have a read of this thread - http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...edo-Correction

I have done exactly as per described with my BF F6 when switching from 275/30/19's to 275/35/19's and they speed and shift points are correct.

if you do not disable the VID Block the car will continue to use the data stored there so changing the REVs/Km wont make any difference
    Thanks for the response now it is clear.

Ive still been trying to flash a 02 ba turbo that has a new key and ignition. sent the file to support and emailed me one back to flash into the car do that but still doesn't work. I checked the dtc's and there is one theft detected engine immobilized. could that be the reason its not working? and it will need to be fixed by ford before i can flash it? i thought it was just a matter of turning off pats and it would be all good?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    orangeute338 you should be able to use the file I sent you to flash your pcm, its the file you sent us with your vin thrown into it.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

I have tried and can't get it to work. I thought would ask here too see if anyone else has any ideas also. One thing I just thought would not having the headlights hooked up be a problem?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Peppy_t View Post
    What sort of knock listening devices are people using? If any
    We use plex and the knock box, the knock box is pretty damn good and shows up other devices well over the 1000 dollar mark.

The PLEX system is a great unit (visual as well as aural) but we do 3 cars a day and the setup time vs benefit of using it makes it a wasted purpose... for 90% of cars anyway.

Advanced Tuner
    HPT Dongle Fault.jpg
    Looks like this may be the reason I was having issues reading Ford's, strange it didn't have any issue's with any GM stuff.

I just need to find out what part it is & where to get it & should be back in action, guessing I had an over volt.

Potential Tuner
    will the vcm2 ford programming tool work with this software

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant LS1 View Post
    HPT Dongle Fault.jpg
    Looks like this may be the reason I was having issues reading Ford's, strange it didn't have any issue's with any GM stuff.

I just need to find out what part it is & where to get it & should be back in action, guessing I had an over volt.
    Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiit!

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo4510 View Post
    will the vcm2 ford programming tool work with this software
    No.
    04 Velocity MKII M6 & 06 BF F6 555 ZF6