Page 41 of 44 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344 LastLast

Thread: Ford tuning in AUS

Quote Originally Posted by orangeute338 View Post
    a mate brought a ba turbo and didnt come with the key, he got a new key and ignition barrel for it, we should be able to disable pats so then he can drive it down to ford and get it recoded to the new key/barrel?
    i had a go at trying to flash my mates ba today, he has changed the ignition barrel and key. i went to scan it and it asked for the vin so entered it then sucked out the file then when the licensing part came up i chose see licenses and it had an error vin/os different. anyone else had this issue?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by IH8TOADS View Post
    Need a rich crank lambda and much richer cold base fuel table. Have to catch up one day and play with a few things when we're both free. I've never had a problem cold starting on e85, even on the coldest winter mornings.
    My cold starts are still poo, I think i had like .6 in the cranking table at one stage and didn't help a whole lot. I didnt alter the base fuel table though, Do you need to make the same changes in both the normal base fuel table and the cold base fuel table?

Peppy, I would love to help but I'm far from a stage where I should be teaching anyone and I don't want to send you down the garden path. Just post up your questions in here and the more experienced guys will help you out.

Tuner in Training
    Guys. How do I go about getting injector figures for bosch 1000 injectors to input into hp tuners? FG xr6t
    Last edited by stav; 05-02-2014 at 03:02 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    i had a go at trying to flash my mates ba today, he has changed the ignition barrel and key. i went to scan it and it asked for the vin so entered it then sucked out the file then when the licensing part came up i chose see licenses and it had an error vin/os different. anyone else had this issue?
    Yeah it just means it's not yet defined, send it into the team & they will get it updated, last 1 I sent in was done in around 24 hours!

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 45T-XR View Post
    My cold starts are still poo, I think i had like .6 in the cranking table at one stage and didn't help a whole lot. I didnt alter the base fuel table though, Do you need to make the same changes in both the normal base fuel table and the cold base fuel table?

Peppy, I would love to help but I'm far from a stage where I should be teaching anyone and I don't want to send you down the garden path. Just post up your questions in here and the more experienced guys will help you out.
    Well funnily enough it was 6 degrees ambient the other morning and mine was slow to start!! Though with the cams, I've started with the correct 4 bar Injector Scalars from Injector Dynamics (you reading this Stav!!) and calibrated the airflow tables. It wasn't perfect at the time and I know it was cranking leaner. With the larger overlap i'm losing fuel out the exhaust too so that won't be helping. In the end of the day, ethanol doesn't vaporise like petrol at low temp and you're firing on a cold intake valve.....adding more fuel until it cranks is your best option, unless you can get heat into the intake!! I've heard people in the overseas focus community go as low as 0.5 on high ethanol contents. Also if your airflow calibration is incorrect then 0.6 might not actually be 0.6 lambda if that makes sense.

Advanced Tuner
    Was chilly here too this morning, 6 degrees which is extremely rare. Mine Will never fire on first crank when cold, if you hit the key and let it wind over a a few times then try again it will fire. It must just get enough heat into the intake valve. I might try running the wideband to constant power and check the cranking lambda I'm getting as you know the gauge is wired up like normal so drops out on crank then has to warm up before it will read.

Advanced Tuner
    Yeah I have a little 8 amp hr battery I use for my LM-2. Have you got a check valve on the fuel feed?

Quote Originally Posted by Grant LS1 View Post
    Yeah it just means it's not yet defined, send it into the team & they will get it updated, last 1 I sent in was done in around 24 hours!

yeah they sorted it out for me will flash file back in and then see how it goes. it was 02 ba so think that was the problem. fingers cross i can sort it all out.

does anyone have anyone have the specs for dekka 80s? havnt been able to find much online. everyone seems to have 60s to copy from
    Last edited by orangeute338; 05-05-2014 at 03:53 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Deka_80.jpgDeka_004 (58psi).jpg

These were done for 4 bar taken from another post. Ford Racing released the calibration summaries for the 60's and 80's, but being return style you have to calculate the 4 bar data from the summaries. Depending on the cars mods, the airflow tables will need to be calibrated or the scalars fudged to suit.

need help tryed to read a ba xr6 turbo that has been tuned with sct
    can not get it to read it comes up with no vin put it in manual and it keeps saying the same thing put it back to stock and it still says the same
    any help to get it to read
    thanks

Deka_80.jpgDeka_004 (58psi).jpg

These were done for 4 bar taken from another post. Ford Racing released the calibration summaries for the 60's and 80's, but being return style you have to calculate the 4 bar data from the summaries. Depending on the cars mods, the airflow tables will need to be calibrated or the scalars fudged to suit.
    thanks for that, i tried to search but being 80, to short to search for. knew i had seen someone with a file with 80s but this thread is getting a bit long to browse through. maybe some shoulds start some sub threads for the falcons for the common issues, injector scalers, pats, trans settings, torque settings etc...

Quote Originally Posted by fpv09 View Post
    need help tryed to read a ba xr6 turbo that has been tuned with sct
    can not get it to read it comes up with no vin put it in manual and it keeps saying the same thing put it back to stock and it still says the same
    any help to get it to read
    thanks
    you might have to email your file to support, i had to do the same thing just last week when i had trouble flashing a ba. is it coming up with an error vin/os does not match or something like that?

it just comes up with no vin put it in manaul and says the same thing.this is try do do a read from the ecu.can't get files out

Quote Originally Posted by fpv09 View Post
    it just comes up with no vin put it in manaul and says the same thing.this is try do do a read from the ecu.can't get files out
    when you say put it in manual do you mean it asks for the vin and you type it in but still doesnt work?

are you putting the vin corectly with the upper and lower case correctly?

Advanced Tuner
    Yeah I have a little 8 amp hr battery I use for my LM-2. Have you got a check valve on the fuel feed?
    I don't have a check valve but before I start the car out of habbit I always let the fuel pumps prime the rail. I've tried no prime and straight crank, one cycle, two cycles, three cycles. No noticeable difference, I can sit there cranking for 10-15 seconds it wont fire, hit the key a second time and bang fires right up. If i hit the key and just let the engine turn over for 1-2 seconds then re-cycle and crank again it will fire straight up also. I've tried timing in and timing out, hasn't helped. Will check the crank lambda when I get a chance and go from there. Got a third place at the dyno day in Rocky on saturday with 656rwhp. Still only 16 degees of timing in it. Need dyno time to see if less/more will help. Just needed to figure out what was causing it to lean over uptop at the track, was running half decent 107mph to the 1/8th then only 131.9mph at the 1/4mile. With 489rwkw should be trapping harder than that.

Tuner in Training
    Hi all,
    I have been using the software on NA Falcons for quite some time BF-FG
    and now the SZ-territory and getting familiar with the workings of these ECU's.
    I find the descriptions confusing or reversed and then the odd software patch tends to change them around again.

I now have an older falcon XR6T-2004 that has boost control issues to work through,
    not exactly sure where to start diagnosing at this point now all the DTC's are sorted.
    It has been previously tuned for larger 60Lb injectors and I'm trying to figure out if
    the boost tables are set correctly as it falls back to 5psi when it should be up around 12psi.

Any help or direction greatly appreciated as its driving me insane
    trying to test different table functions or limit variables as they don't often behave as expected.

Kr
    Sime

Quote Originally Posted by bachig24u View Post
    Hi all,
    I have been using the software on NA Falcons for quite some time BF-FG
    and now the SZ-territory and getting familiar with the workings of these ECU's.
    I find the descriptions confusing or reversed and then the odd software patch tends to change them around again.

I now have an older falcon XR6T-2004 that has boost control issues to work through,
    not exactly sure where to start diagnosing at this point now all the DTC's are sorted.
    It has been previously tuned for larger 60Lb injectors and I'm trying to figure out if
    the boost tables are set correctly as it falls back to 5psi when it should be up around 12psi.

Any help or direction greatly appreciated as its driving me insane
    trying to test different table functions or limit variables as they don't often behave as expected.

Kr
    Sime
    before someone else says it, ill say it. post the tune up

Tuner in Training

boost control issues BA XR6T

before someone else says it, ill say it. post the tune up
    no worries, thanks for having a look.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner
    bachig

Try zeroing out your proportional gain as a start.
    Capture.PNG
    I had the same issue when I mapped across from the sct system.
    The guys from VCM suite told me to do this and it is controlling boost better.
    Last edited by bugsy; 05-09-2014 at 08:05 AM.