Page 40 of 44 FirstFirst ... 30363738394041424344 LastLast

Thread: Ford tuning in AUS

Advanced Tuner
    You can getting running with the original pcm. You'll just need to disable pats. I'm happy to help you out with the tunes changes. If you download a program called TeamViewer I can remote into your tuning laptop to walk you through it.
    04 Velocity MKII M6 & 06 BF F6 555 ZF6

Tuner in Training
    It'll be a little off from firing up but that would be really appreciated if i do get stuck. I had read about pats before, the engine was originally going into an xf and that was the only way to get it to work with the oem ecu, was hoping to keep it enabled though as this will also be my only car/daily. Im going to make a couple quick phone calls to a dealer tomorrow about re-programming the bcm to accept a new ecu in the event its "faulty" and see where it goes from there.

Im dropping the sump off the engine and checking the mains as the car was in a major accident and rolled multiple times, AFAIK they have a mercury cut-out switch, but regardless it appears the engine shut down pretty quick - who knows might even be a set of forged internals in it lol. All things going well ill just need to source a new fg rocker cover then start putting all the gear in a week or 2 later depending on work.

Advanced Tuner
    Disabling pats will allow you to start and run the car to get it to the dealer for a parameter reset. Then you can re-enable pats. Saves towing fees and allows a decent shake down before the trip to the dealer.

Advanced Tuner

Cool Ignition Cycle issue reading VCM

Hey all,

Been a while since Ive looked back in here certainly coming a long way (40 pages).

Lately I've been having troubles with just trying to get reads on 2 seperate ford's first was a 2009 FG falcon it took around 10 seperate times to finally pass the 3 second ignition cycle to get a read!
    Today I've been trying to read a 2003 BA & had around 40 attempts of 3 second ignition cycle & still can't get a read!
    I've tried 3 different laptops with varying ram, CPU speed & op sys's & then tried around 6 different released HP tuners 1 of which even a 2.23 release but same deal!

Has anyone else found this & if so a way around it?

It would be good to get a read as it was released as A3AA but has a sticker on it that I believe ford updated to A3AB!

TIA for any advice Grant
    Last edited by Grant LS1; 04-06-2014 at 11:02 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    I have flashed and read hundreds of times without one failure. 09 Fg

Advanced Tuner
    Yeah that's what makes it weird, I have done at a guess at least 20 & only had this issue in the last 2, I'm wondering if something can go wrong in the dongle device itself to give an issue?

Advanced Tuner
    Hmm you've always had issue Grant. I haven't had a read/write fail that I couldn't put down to a low charge in the car battery for 2+yrs now.

Advanced Tuner
    Yeah for I reckon atleast the last 2 years I haven't had issues, but this 1 yesterday I tried everything jump pack & original battery, brand spanking new battery & then all the different laptops & operating systems & HPT versions & still had no luck!

Quote Originally Posted by hiddeous View Post
    Disabling pats will allow you to start and run the car to get it to the dealer for a parameter reset. Then you can re-enable pats. Saves towing fees and allows a decent shake down before the trip to the dealer.
    a mate brought a ba turbo and didnt come with the key, he got a new key and ignition barrel for it, we should be able to disable pats so then he can drive it down to ford and get it recoded to the new key/barrel?

Tuner
    I sorted out most of the transmission issues and it's feeling a lot stronger! After swapping to e85 I was having the typical cold start issues but I think I have sorted that out too. So over all extremely happy with HP Tuners and with how much I have learnt these past few months. The real test will be the drags on Wednesday night and a dyno day in the next couple of weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Peppy_t View Post
    I sorted out most of the transmission issues and it's feeling a lot stronger! After swapping to e85 I was having the typical cold start issues but I think I have sorted that out too. So over all extremely happy with HP Tuners and with how much I have learnt these past few months. The real test will be the drags on Wednesday night and a dyno day in the next couple of weeks
    what issues were you having?

Tuner
    The transmission issues are all listed above in other comments. But the e85 cold start issues I had to do some reasearch. I found that high ethanol blended fuels have a higher vapour pressure which makes atomisation more difficult, so basically it brings it further away from it's boiling point, which means that on cold mornings it is harder for the ethanol to turn to vapour so that it can be ignited. The way to counter act this is by adding more fuel, so in the cranking table, I believe it's Lamda vs ECT you need to richen the mixture at the colder points and the same with the Fuel Base Cold start table

Advanced Tuner
    The FGs have crappy cold start issues on normal fuel. I originally thought that it was the cold start fuel tables but what I found helped most was the cold start spark tables. On cold start mine was too retarded.
    I zeroed out any spark table that retarded timing and the cold start was fine. Cause I did them mostly on the one day I cant be sure which would have been the most beneficial to do but I think it was the Cold start ones

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by orangeute338 View Post
    a mate brought a ba turbo and didnt come with the key, he got a new key and ignition barrel for it, we should be able to disable pats so then he can drive it down to ford and get it recoded to the new key/barrel?
    Correct

Tuner
    I entered my car in a local dyno day yesterday, achieved 406rwkw@5800rpm, 1000nm@5300rpm... power came on strong and was skating on the dyno the first 2 runs (372kw, 386kw), it didn't get much time on there and was rushed, as they had 93 cars to get through in a day. but it was good to see where im at, it sounded strong, didn't ping and sat at a steady 0.82lamda. there should be abit more in it but im pretty proud of the outcome

thanks, Joe

Advanced Tuner
    Well done Joe, Great work! post up the dyno graph if you have it.

Tuner
    image.jpg

This is what they gave me, they didn't even re-scale the graph to show the whole run, bit annoyed.. But I logged it with my OT-2 so I can match the graph up to my log and see exactly what the cars doing throughout the run.

Edit: 45t-XR I could really use some pointers if you have the time, I believe i have a similar setup to you

Tuner
    Can anyone give a simple explanation of what these mean?

Driver Demand
    Trans Trunc
    TVA
    CSS limit
    Rpm limit
    Tip in limit
    Tip out limit
    Trans shift
    Eng over temp
    Rpm yard
    PATS
    Tip in Osc
    Cruise

Some are self explanatory but I'm not sure what some stand for. I understand they can be turned off by setting to zero (fuel Cut) or setting to 1 (spark) but what happens if you increase or decrease the value?

Thanks in advance, Joe

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Peppy_t View Post
    The transmission issues are all listed above in other comments. But the e85 cold start issues I had to do some reasearch. I found that high ethanol blended fuels have a higher vapour pressure which makes atomisation more difficult, so basically it brings it further away from it's boiling point, which means that on cold mornings it is harder for the ethanol to turn to vapour so that it can be ignited. The way to counter act this is by adding more fuel, so in the cranking table, I believe it's Lamda vs ECT you need to richen the mixture at the colder points and the same with the Fuel Base Cold start table
    What lambda did you enrich to. THe weather is getting colder here in Perth and I am starting to have hard start issues on E85. I have the cold start table all at 0.9 lambda .

Advanced Tuner
    Need a rich crank lambda and much richer cold base fuel table. Have to catch up one day and play with a few things when we're both free. I've never had a problem cold starting on e85, even on the coldest winter mornings.