Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Ford tuning in AUS

Advanced Tuner
    there is a newer version again.. Greg just sent me the link apparently another version coming next week as well

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by VYSSLS1 View Post
    there is a newer version again.. Greg just sent me the link apparently another version coming next week as well
    Yes, i downloaded it last night.
    Greg told me to check it weekly as changes will happen quickly.
    When you go to the link it always states the same version number,but until you download it and open the program you cant really tell what version it is.
    So many numbers.
    COOL.

Tuner in Training
    I have had my beta copy since december and havnt had any time to put towards ford tuning , i spent the day with Mario and Greg last week which lit a little fire under my bum , so iam doing my first bf xr6t this week , it will make a change from doing forced inducted lsx's

Potential Tuner
    Guys...

I've just been playing with the scanning software on my BFII xr6t.... I can get it to log fine with the laptop, however, when I try standalone logging, the error light just flashes.... According to help, the dongle cant connect... I have used the same config downloaded to the dongle as I logged with the laptop....

Only thing I can notice, is the last digit is missing from the VIN number when you 'get info' from the dongle...

Has anyone had success with standalone logging?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I don't think standalone datalogging is enabled for fords yet.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    I don't think standalone datalogging is enabled for fords yet.
    Thanks Bill... At least I know im not going crazy now

Potential Tuner
    is emailing support at hptuners.com the only way to get the beta release?
    i have version 2.22.3152.18236 and i cant read my ecu or scan anything. also cant open any of the tune files from earlier in this thread. i assume this is because i need the beta version?

EDIT: got the beta software and all is good now. i been able to read the stock tunes from:
    07 BF2 XR8 Manual
    05 BA2 XR6 Turbo Manual
    04 BA2 XR6 Turbo Auto
    04 BA (i think) XR6 Auto

only issue is the apparently known issue with the BA not picking up the VIN.
    Last edited by millers; 03-27-2009 at 05:07 AM.

hi guys, just started installed my software and read my pcm after opening my new present from vcm about an 1hr ago, all looks like a great setup to me as I am a ford sct convert.

Anyone prepared to write a quick tuning manual for the fords like the one i got for the gm motor in my binder???

Look forward to hearing your tuning ventures & tuning tips.....

Just curious how the process goes as I have a customer who had his x-cal 2 stolen and i cant read his pcm as its not a stock tune ? Trying to see what vcm can do so he doesn't have to pay for another x-cal box to get access back to his vehicle??

Tuner
    I have been able to readout tunes that has flash tuner box tune in it. What is it doing when you attempt to pulltune out?

It gets to exactly 30.3% then brgings up (error ID : 50000 can't read) ... or something close to that. Does the same thing at slow speed.

I have read an x3 custom tune but not a x2 tune.

it sounds like it is not detecting your PCM correctly, email support for the latest beta and see if that helps.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

I'm currently running - 2.23.3377.39362 beta

ill email & see if there its a later one

Advanced Tuner
    2.23.3411 is the latest...

ive been doing shit loads of the XR6t's and XR8's in the last few days..

a stock BF XR6t gained 50rwkw from a tune alone... with another gaing ~30rwkw over the other so called custom tune and a XR8 gained 14rwkw over its so called custom tune....

Hi VYSSLS1,
    Yeah I have enjoyed hearing of your success's, I've done a couple of xr8's with roughly 10-15rwkw increases pretty easily. Got a 1st turbo to do shortly.

I am wondering if you have had any issue with 02 sensor transport delays? I have a ute where I can't read the custom tune in it, and im a bit shy to try sort our my own tune for it as I know the 02 transport delays are modified as the 2 of the O2 sensors have been removed and it now has diffilipo headers. I have my sct value files that can cover the 42lb injectors values just not sure of the effect of the 02 sensors delays.

Here is a 4th gear pull from frame 53. You can see the spark really hurting the power, as It's supercharged & i think IAT could be impacting.
    Last edited by IXR08; 05-12-2009 at 04:23 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by IXR08 View Post
    Hi VYSSLS1,
    Yeah I have enjoyed hearing of your success's, I've done a couple of xr8's with roughly 10-15rwkw increases pretty easily. Got a 1st turbo to do shortly.

I am wondering if you have had any issue with 02 sensor transport delays? I have a ute where I can't read the custom tune in it, and im a bit shy to try sort our my own tune for it as I know the 02 transport delays are modified as the 2 of the O2 sensors have been removed and it now has diffilipo headers. I have my sct value files that can cover the 42lb injectors values just not sure of the effect of the 02 sensors delays.

Here is a 4th gear pull from frame 53. You can see the spark really hurting the power, as It's supercharged & i think IAT could be impacting.
    all you will need to do is turn off the CEL,

dont rely on the SCT values for injector scales... everyone of them i have retuned have been way off and relying on up to -20% fuel trims... i reckon they leave it like this as it makes the dash read great fuel economy figures.. straight up this guy noticed that it was reading 3L/100km more but the distance to empty was the same...

one XR6 i did on monday pulled over 40rwhp more on the same boost.. and this was from a so called ford specilist shop in sydney...

here is the graph

thanks for the tip, looking at my log the fuel trims are going 29% positive so they maybe more accurate.

Yeah its good to see the ls1 guys applying there talents to the fords, above is another example.....

Have u tuned any blown boss motors yet?

Advanced Tuner
    dont worry about the fuel trims under WOT, they will always go up high.
    you need to log fuel system status, that will tell you when you are in open or closed loop.

ive been tuning fords since the days of piggy backs on XR6t's etc, nothing new there.. unlike some people i dont just tune one make of car tho.. i tune everything from 800hp rotors to 1500hp turbo v8's and everything in between..

You also forgot to mention your a great guy too .
    Give it a go yourself first, if it doesnt work out then pay someone.

Tuner
    Any one done any tuning with with a roots style blower on the 5.4.
    I did one the other day with the yella terra kit and found the knock sensors to be a lot more sensitive than what im used to with the HH blowers on LS engines. What did you find?

Also this kit utilised a 2 bar map sensor.

Is eveyone doing this along with enabling turbo logic on the boosted V8's. I noticed the log above must be using the stock map sensor.