Page 38 of 44 FirstFirst ... 28343536373839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: Ford tuning in AUS

Tuner
    Thanks for that Jamie, that makes sense haha (feeling stupid) but there is no way in the scanner software to add a formula so it reads what I'm used to, I guess I'll just adapt haha..

Orange ute, I'd say it is your coil packs are going, personal opinion is don't bother muncking around with these aftermarket ones on eBay, just go straight to ford, there pricey but you can't rely on any others, I think I paid around $380 or so for a full set

Yeah thanks I played around with the tune and made no difference so eliminated that and plugs were new so brought some new coils and arrived today put em in and all good it did have 3 stock ones and 3 cheap looking ones so that was the issue. I got a set of vdo ones for $150 on holidays atm so couldn't afford to much didn't want the $60 set so went vdo since ok brand. Dyno and drags next wedneday so will see what I can do hopefully last of my problems for a while

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Peppy_t View Post
    Thanks for that Jamie, that makes sense haha (feeling stupid) but there is no way in the scanner software to add a formula so it reads what I'm used to, I guess I'll just adapt haha..

Orange ute, I'd say it is your coil packs are going, personal opinion is don't bother muncking around with these aftermarket ones on eBay, just go straight to ford, there pricey but you can't rely on any others, I think I paid around $380 or so for a full set
    You're welcome.

This is also not true. You can absolutely add your own equations in the scanner. You have to configure a "User Defined PID". I say this with all respect, but you should really spend some time reading about and practicing using the scanner. It's obvious that you have not been working with the software long. Again, the help file can walk you through setting up custom PID's.
    Jaime

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ElecTech View Post
    You're welcome.

This is also not true. You can absolutely add your own equations in the scanner. You have to configure a "User Defined PID". I say this with all respect, but you should really spend some time reading about and practicing using the scanner. It's obvious that you have not been working with the software long. Again, the help file can walk you through setting up custom PID's.
    Appreciate the response, it has been taken on board. I am only a month into using the software and I realise I have a long way to go, I will definitely be doing some more research and testing before asking any more questions.
    Thanks, Joe

Advanced Tuner
    New pb last lads. Vehicle details
    2005 ford bf xr6 turbo ute, 4276lbs
    11.0@131
    And my first 10.9@128

4200 lbs? Those things are heavy!

yeah that's heavy my old one was only 3924 with my in it. Good job give us all hope for the back yard tuners

Advanced Tuner
    Yes eric they aren't light. I had filled up the week before for a cruise and it got cancelled. Didnt realise i had a full tank until i left for the track, few lbs in the hard lid too. Full chasssis commercial vehicle mate. It is basically a wheel barrow with 600rwhp

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 45T-XR View Post
    11.0@131
    And my first 10.9@128
    LIKE! well done!
    04 Velocity MKII M6 & 06 BF F6 555 ZF6

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 45T-XR View Post
    11.0@131
    And my first 10.9@128
    Well done.

I am working on getting my 5000+lb Territory into the low 12s on LPG. Also what you said in another post about the 6R80 input shaft was very interesting.

Well done indeed

Darryl.

Advanced Tuner
    thanks Guys,

Big thanks to Hiddeous and IH8TOADS for getting the appropriate torque management tables to Eric at HP Tuners, then to Eric for actually adding them to my strategy. As with the higher converter in the ZF it was creating a few niggling issues with the box after I rebuilt it to handle some decent horsepower, I was starting to doubt myself and what I had done inside. After the torque management was changed to accomodate the stall, 60ft times tumbled from 1.9-2.1 down to a best so far of 1.6
    Even though I don't like the GTX35 I have on it now, im still confident there is atleast another 3 tenths left in the car with some more seat time. I was contemplating upgrading and going a larger borg warner turbo and shooting for over 500rwkw but basically if i start running consistant 10s I wont be allowed to race at the track anymore as require a full ANDRA license and a cage etc. They have changed the rules to allow later model cars to run down to 10.0 I believe without chute/cage but my ute is 2005 and from memory the cutoff is 2008. See how long it last though as I've still got the itch so it will probably end up with a cage etc and front brake caliper downsize so I some front runners will clear. I was just running my normal 18" street tyres on the front and 17"mickey thompsons street radials on the rear

Advanced Tuner
    No need to thank me mate, Im sure at some stage I will benefit from your learnings. You should be very proud of the fact that an engine and trans you built, in a car you setup and tuned ran a time you set yourself as goal. As above WELL DONE!

Advanced Tuner
    thanks mate, not done yet, watch this space!
    Further down the track I would like to build another engine with hi comp pistons to suite e85- and also Cryo the crank, But I just haven't found a good enough excuse to pull the engine down i already built. Although the 14,000kms I've put on it since build have been hard kilometers it is still sweet

Can you still drive on street with cage or just gona be track car? Im sure they changed the laws just recently no more cages in street cars?

Tuner in Training
    I need to extract 2 tunes off 2 different ecus which are no longer with their cars (both modified ba xr6ts). Can i plug those into a stock falcon, power them up and extract the tune that way?

If so can this be done without a license, and what hardware would be required to connect to the ecu?

If not what options do i have?

Quote Originally Posted by orangeute338 View Post
    Can you still drive on street with cage or just gona be track car? Im sure they changed the laws just recently no more cages in street cars?
    From what i understand QLD laws now only LEGALLY permit a 4 point cage which does not meet andra's cage requirement to run 9.99 or under.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by luke187 View Post
    Can i plug those into a stock falcon, power them up and extract the tune that way?

If so can this be done without a license, and what hardware would be required to connect to the ecu?

If not what options do i have?
    Yes, as long as the chassis you use is correct wiring wise. Plug the pcm in, suck the tune out with HPT, rinse and repeat.

Are you able to get boost with the zf without it cutting out?

My f6 went on dyno yesterday. Had played around but didn't have a wideband cos mate was borrowing it. So was a bit rich afr was off the scale. Made 350hp with aborted run then next 411hp aborted again at about 4500rpm with 16psi, Tuner tweaked it a bit on the dyno removed some boost and fuel and ended up with 299kw on 12psi. Only mods are 42s, 3 inch cat back, underdrive, 12psi actuator and 2.5inch alloy cooler piping in stock route. Was rained out so didn't get a chance to race. Happy with result with minimal mods.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Advanced Tuner
    I don't understand what you are asking....
    Do you mean stall it up on boost?

Yeah it gets to few psi then will cut throttle. That was just in drive does need to be stalled up in performance or another way? You said you were getting 8psi I could only get 3 then cuts out. You're stall might make a difference too?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by orangeute338 View Post
    Yeah it gets to few psi then will cut throttle. That was just in drive does need to be stalled up in performance or another way? You said you were getting 8psi I could only get 3 then cuts out. You're stall might make a difference too?
    orangeute,
    If a Falcon is like the Terrotory you will need to modify the torque management settings in order to get the car to stall up. Does not matter what mode you are in (drive, performance, sport manual). It took me a while to get the correct settings but eventually got there on my Territory. Dropped nearly a second off my 0-100kph time but on a Falcon in might be a challenge to get off the line (mine will smoke all four wheels with too much power).

Anyone,
    Not sure why all the tunes on this site and ones that have been posted don't have these settings so before I post it does anyone have an objection?

Darryl.