Page 37 of 44 FirstFirst ... 27333435363738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: Ford tuning in AUS

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by OZFORD View Post
    I noticed that the wideband sensor offered by vcm is in afr's, can it be transferred to log in Lambda?
    As i will be tweaking the tune for E85, and prefer a Lambda gauge
    Once you pull the sensor data into the VCM Scanner, you can set up a custom PID with the wideband data so that the VCM plots the value as lambda. That way you don't have to stare at a guage while driving and you can plot it against the other logged values.
    Jaime

Advanced Tuner
    As i will be tweaking the tune for E85, and prefer a Lambda gauge
    I've got a Innovate MTX-L off ebay, easy to change to lambda and ive already spent the time to get it to work in as an aux input into hp so can give you a hand.

just got my hp unit today

question...... under waste gate control, if duty cycle is set and controlling my boost what effect does it have if i add higher or lower numbers in the turbo desired boost part?

hi guys, having a bit of trouble with my f6.

when its sitting idling the fuel trims will start to add fuel and the idle starts getting lumpy untill the trims hit max(39%) then flicks over to open loop and the trims both go to 0. when i log wot the fuel trims also go upto 30%. I thought they would be 0 at wot.

i have just replaced the head gasket because it was leaking under boost and it had killed an o2 sensor and was replaced while gasket was still leaking and that sensor has died just a few days after doing the new gasket so figured it was damaged from the leaky gasket. but it was also doing the same thing before i did the gasket i thought it might have been something to do with the gasket but the problem is still there. also when i did the gasket i found a hole in the fpr and the back of the turbo and the inside of the turbo manifold was very white like had been very lean(might have been factor to killing the gasket).

just tried to get to do it again. started car trims were stft 0 ltft -1.6 then after about 2 min idling stft started to go up till it hit 39% and idle was rough then trim went to 0 and idle came good. then turned car off tried again and was fine ran for few mins and trims stayed around 0 to -6. the o2 sensor voltage vaired between .1 - .6

cheers
    Josh
    Last edited by orangeute338; 03-13-2014 at 04:12 AM.

Can someone tell me what cylinders are left bank and right bank? Turbo 6cyl

Advanced Tuner
    Josh, what injectors?

Jason, why? I've never had the need to adjust it?
    04 Velocity MKII M6 & 06 BF F6 555 ZF6

Stft left bank are spot on but right bank show 20% difference

Advanced Tuner
    Ignore the right bank.

Tuner
    Hey Guys,

ive been reading through this thread for a while, along with other books and such to decide whether to go ahead with self tuning my BF2 6T ZF6. anyway I jumped on board a few weeks ago and im very happy with how everything is going. I have installed 100lb injectors, gtx3582 ontop of all my previous mods and have developed a tune which so far is working from what I can see.

previous to this I was running a generic tune which I ran for a year and achieved a best of 11.8@124mph. ill post it up for use to take a look if you like, it was pretty simple, he didn't really change too much, it seemed that there may of been a few paramaters which HP didn't recognise though when I pulled out the tune, but most are there.

I have also attatched the Base tune from the car and my modified tune, feel free to have a look around and give me some feedback, good or bad, that's what learning is all about right?

baseline06BFTZF.hptintune06BFZF.hpt100lbvcmBF6Tedit3.hpt

thanks, Joe

Advanced Tuner
    Welcome aboard Joe.

42lb greens, I also just put in a 12psi actuator and now the boost is very pulsey when hits full boost will drop a few psi then back to full then back. Very noticeable in power difference. I've been tweeking the duty cycle to get it to 16psi getting slightly better. Hitting overboost so have lowered the dc some more

Tuner in Training
    Orangeute. Have you touched the gains for the turbo?

Nah only the over boost value and desired boost and wg dc. I worked out the pulsing was slight boost cut. I went to open loop bc and put dc to 0 and running gate pressure and all good. I have a 12psi spring and stock dump and 3inch eexhaust and f6 cooler with stock piping but 2.5 inch hot and cold side would there be a huge boost drop I'm only getting 9-10psi that would maybe be 12 at turbo and only 9-10 at the inlet manifold boost sensor?

Tuner in Training
    Is VCM suite able to alter any of the BCM functions, more specifically clear the errors that come up after swapping the ICC? Swapping to a premium ICC and even if i keep my old BCM i need to take it to ford to get it "reprogrammed" to accept the new stereo. If not is there any software that can, apparently it only takes a few seconds so cant be too complex.

Advanced Tuner
    Nope,unfortunately the protocol Ford Aus chose to use is pretty much unique to that subsystem. I have searched long and hard to find a suitable device/software and had no luck. Ford dealer with WDS unfortunately.

Its almost like its a security feature and they didn't want to make it easy.... :P

PS if you paying more the $100 at the dealing they are taking the piss.

Tuner in Training
    Thats cool its probably the final piece of motivation to start the engine conversion, leaving me ripped off just the one time lol. The whole engine/ecu/box/diff/suspension arms steering rack etc/dash/bcm/keys/locks/interior is coming out of a low km modified xr6t into my futura so theres no way round getting getting it flashed again.

Tuner
    Thanks for the welcome Hiddeous, a couple quick questions,

Can anyone tell me how to understand the Map values in the generic PID? I know it's in Kpa, but it's not as simple as just converting it to psi, My innovate 0T2 reads it as Psi on boost and inHG in vacuum, so surely there has to be a formula to convert it to read the same?

Has anyone played around with the ZF? Any basic changes that liven up a standard box?, I know that my tune file has the strategies for it, if anyone's keen to take a look I posted it earlierl

Hi guys, I'm having a bit of trouble with my f6 I was thinking it was hitting boost cut so went to open loop bc and still have it cutting out.

Not everytime but most times at around 3700rpm will stutter missing but still revs. Its got new plugs gapped to .8 the coil packs could be a bit dodgy 2 are new and rest are original. If the tune it goes a bit richer around that rpm could be the issue.

Attached tune and some runs the first run the timing is smoothish and wasn't cutting out

Second file the first part of the run on boost it didn't cut out but last part on boost it cut out. Both the timing was pretty erratic. Did some more runs the first few timing was ok then started getting wavey

Can't post files atm will try later

runs and tune
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Peppy_t View Post
    Thanks for the welcome Hiddeous, a couple quick questions,

Can anyone tell me how to understand the Map values in the generic PID? I know it's in Kpa, but it's not as simple as just converting it to psi, My innovate 0T2 reads it as Psi on boost and inHG in vacuum, so surely there has to be a formula to convert it to read the same?

Has anyone played around with the ZF? Any basic changes that liven up a standard box?, I know that my tune file has the strategies for it, if anyone's keen to take a look I posted it earlierl
    You can either change the way the value is displayed in the log by right-clicking the value in the table display and selecting "Units" or you can take the KPa value, subtract the Baro value (100 will get you close unless at high altitudes), and use the software's conversion utility to convert the difference to PSI.
    Jaime