Page 36 of 44 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: Ford tuning in AUS

Advanced Tuner
    Hp can read and modify the tune.

#redheatshields
    04 Velocity MKII M6 & 06 BF F6 555 ZF6

Sweet
    Thinking about purchasing hp tuner and having a little play around.

#stockheatshields

Advanced Tuner
    Do it, everyone here will help coach you along
    04 Velocity MKII M6 & 06 BF F6 555 ZF6

Advanced Tuner
    I thought you already had it?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by fpv09 View Post
    iam having trouble trying to get my head around trying to make the changes for putting bigger injectors in.
    can any help me so i can get my head around it .
    only new to the hp tuner.
    any help
    Best Bet is to download another persons file from here and compare the fuel parameters with yours, there is the compare- look at differences between files function in the VCM Editor software (under engine|fuel|general|injectors), flow rate, and the two flow rate (hi&lo) mult vs pressure, break point, tables/values.
    my file attached is for 60 lb Seimens injectors as attached. these are in my 07 BF F6 Manual

It really would be advantageous to know which injectors you are going to use and what you are putting it into . or better still have the info from the injector manufacturer.
    I signed up to this:
    http://www.learntotune.com/pro-tuner...racterisation/
    It is all brought to you by the owner of STM Andre Simon in Lower Hutt NZ, he held a record for worlds fastest Evo Mitsi. He knows what he is talking about.
    Attached Files Attached Files

thanks bigmat i now understand were and how to calculate to do them.
    thanks mate

Tuner in Training
    Sadly not all that easy though because once you set the injectors correctly then you need to work out how they are applied to the rest of it. For maintaining the correct Air fuel ratio combined with the torque you are trying to make and the boost you wish to run using a spark advance that doesn't cause detonation etc etc.

the high and low.why are they at to different numbers.and the low is higher then the high.
    and in the tables how is the load and the tps worked out
    as tps don't go to 100%
    and the load numbers are all different can you help me get my head around these numbers
    in the spark tables and the fuel base tables
    thanks

Potential Tuner
    Hi guys, newbie here, has been a good read .

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by fpv09 View Post
    the high and low.why are they at to different numbers.and the low is higher then the high.
    and in the tables how is the load and the tps worked out
    as tps don't go to 100%
    and the load numbers are all different can you help me get my head around these numbers
    in the spark tables and the fuel base tables
    thanks
    The best bet is to subscribe to that video of the injector characteristics, to gain an understanding of the two slope tables for fuel..
    There is a myriad of information available on here and other related tuning forum/ vendors sites like sct, moates, injector dynamics etc. Not for the faint hearted. Iflike meyou dont understand, read it again and when I still don't understand go read another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by hiddeous View Post
    F6R, what's your shop called?
    I dont have one anymore. I work for a company called Precision Auto Engineering (PAE), a closed door motorsports operation.
    My name is Glenn Campbell

Tuner in Training
    Hey guys about to pickup myself a copy and are wondering if there are just 2 versions you can buy (excluding pro and std) - GM and FORD? America, australia etc alll use the same versions?

There are two interfaces, the standard and the PRO, that's it. The hardware for GM, Ford, and Dodge is the same, you just need the correct credits for whatever you are tuning.

Tuner in Training
    Right, thanks for clearing that up

Quote Originally Posted by Bigmat View Post
    thanks Turbotrana, I notice that between yours and mine, the main two tables desired boost and wastegate duty cycle are on different scales. Is there any reason why they are different for both columns and rows, and how do I make the change as it wont let me remove rows or add columns to the tables.
    I can change the values fine just not the number of rows.
    maybe I need a software update?
    I checked this today, and the table sizes are different between these two operating systems. How we have it mapped is correct.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the reply, if I was to try and apply the values from one table to the other it is not possible. Is my understanding correct.
    The thing is that I can change the scale of each to match except for the last 2 rows or columns where I run out of columns rows to add the scale values to.
    I doubt it would be wise to try running the values and just not worry about the end of each x y scale or is there a way I can interpolate the values using the limits of scale. Not hard to do in one scale direction but I don't know if it is that easy in x and y scale simultaneously and the math needed to Interpolate it. Thanks Mat

Tuner in Training
    Just been reading through a lot of threads and just want some clarification on data logging, as ill be tuning it myself most of which will be on the street. what are the data logging capabilities of vcm suite with a turbo b series? If they arent adequate then wht are the better option out there taking cost into consideration? Some of the obd gauges and software ive looked at say the have logging capabilities, and ill be using an innovate lm2 wideband which will handle that
    Last edited by luke187; 03-07-2014 at 03:16 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by luke187 View Post
    Just been reading through a lot of threads and just want some clarification on data logging, as ill be tuning it myself most of which will be on the street. what are the data logging capabilities of vcm suite with a turbo b series? If they arent adequate then wht are the better option out there taking cost into consideration? Some of the obd gauges and software ive looked at say the have logging capabilities, and ill be using an innovate lm2 wideband which will handle that
    Have you looked at "Torque" software on an Android phone, it will interface with your obd2 port via a bluetooth OBD2 module all up $30-200 depending on the quality of the OBD2 bluetooth module you by, limited by the number of datapoints logged per second I am guessing the best you can do it one per 5 seconds (but could be wrong and often are), although another advantage is GPS and accelerometer in the phone can also be used. I also have an Innovate LM2 with ODB2 logging plus external inputs for other data sources like TPS or thermo sensors on exhaust etc. I am probably only touching the surface of what is possible. or available when you really start looking.
    Best of luck and keep us posted with what you choose.

Potential Tuner
    I noticed that the wideband sensor offered by vcm is in afr's, can it be transferred to log in Lambda?

Potential Tuner
    As i will be tweaking the tune for E85, and prefer a Lambda gauge