Page 34 of 44 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Ford tuning in AUS

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiboost-xr6 View Post
    Attachment 42314

Hi all,
    finally got to read my tune here it is for you guys to have a look at haven't had chance to data log yet.
    File is in this post J@ Throttle tables are normal but it is running a bucket load or cam retard from .2 lo to .8 from 1200 to 3500. Peak is 13 deg higher thans stock.
    04 Velocity MKII M6 & 06 BF F6 555 ZF6

Quote Originally Posted by 45T-XR View Post
    It sounds like the old LED tail light issue Ive seen it a few times now, Even Orangeute had the same drama but i believe his load resistor had failed.
    But if you dont have LED tail lights this wont be your problem lol. What Jet said, what codes are you getting, you will need to log with SCT to see what sort of limiting is coming into play when the fault occurs. HP doesnt have access to it from memory
    maybe something else is causing it to go into reverse mode?

you can tell because standard reverse is limited to 3500rpm and about 30% throttle, so you can tell if it has limited throttle then switches to full throttle at about 3500rpm then thats the problem.

does anyone know what the values in the cam tables refer to

say a stock bf f6 file at last load line runs -9 till 3500 then 10.

i know the sprockets have about 16deg of movement eitherway. but the table the numbers dont match up

does changing the table with a bf with the dual vct work? i know you can adjust them seperate in hp but does adjusting it stuff the stock setup or does it just offset them from where they are from factory? or does it just make them like a ba and move the same together?

Tuner in Training
    does anyone have a stock BA turbo auto file so I can compare some numbers?

so should I be looking at the vct settings?

Neil

Tuner in Training
    Completely stock BA XR6 turbo
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by ptharris View Post
    Completely stock BA XR6 turbo
    thanks ptharris

Advanced Tuner
    I put some 1500cc injectors in my FG. I find that the air/fuel ratios change when the outside temperature changes. I trim the fuel at idle and cruise to trim at around the 0% mark. When the weather warms up it trims to around -8 to -10%.

Is it normal to have to play with temp compensation tables when using such big injectors. What compensation tables are there in HP for our Fords. Under Airflow/general/speed density there are three correction tables. Which is the best to use to help with this issue?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by turbotrana View Post
    I put some 1500cc injectors in my FG. I find that the air/fuel ratios change when the outside temperature changes. I trim the fuel at idle and cruise to trim at around the 0% mark. When the weather warms up it trims to around -8 to -10%.

Is it normal to have to play with temp compensation tables when using such big injectors. What compensation tables are there in HP for our Fords. Under Airflow/general/speed density there are three correction tables. Which is the best to use to help with this issue?
    turbotrana, anyone?
    Do you think you are getting something like what is described at the end of Injector Dynamics Paul Yaw's GT500 article (great read as it also goes into Fords speed density):

http://wpdev.injectordynamics.com/ar.../shelby-gt500/

Have no idea if these tables exist in HP tuners and would suspect the PCM would have to calculate rail temp like the table "Hot Enrich" under Engine -> Fuel tab.

Darryl.

Is the car leaner when cold or richer?

Advanced Tuner
    Sorry about the late reply. I did want to do some more testing before I responded but haven't had a chance yet.
    It runs leaner when warm Eric.
    Darryl, yes that is definately applicable. I don't think we have fuel temp comp for the Aussie Fords. According to that table, as the fuel gets hotter, more fuel is needed.
    I did play with what compensation tables were there and there were improvements. When I have time I got to get back onto this and nut it out.

I will see about adding the remaining tables that would affect this. Pretty sure the Australian Fords have the Lost Fuel tables. I need to add them to every definition. I will put this on the list. If you tell me your specific OS ID, I can put it in there first so you can test.

Advanced Tuner
    They do have the lost fuel tables (enrichment lost load) but don't forget about the fact we're using a speed density algorithm for airflow which is more sensitive to temp corrections compared to you x transfer / maf set-up. You could also look at the Density Correction for Aircharge? There is also three tables for injector enrichment when hot and the values differ between strategies. Obviously when rail temps rise the fuel flow drops so you would think these tables increase the pulsewidth under these conditions. Given that there is not rail temp sensor, it works off a 'time since running function'. How active these are will depend on the strategy i suspect. Its sometimes difficult to test these in an 'uncontrolled environment' given you can't make real time changes to the calibration.

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks Eric,
    HAEDJR5
    8R29-7J104-AB

Thanks Toads

I know it's already been said but massive thank you to IH8TOADS for all the info in this thread it's a massive help if your new to the Ford Turbo tuning world.

I just put a set of Bosch TCP1000 injectors in a 2010 FG XR6 Turbo today and just wanted to share my thoughts that they are the best injector I have used so far, don't let the size scare you there idle quality is better than 60lb Deka's which in my opinion aren't real tuner friendly anyway but everyone has there own preferences, from my point of view I think they are worth the extra money.

Cheers

Good to hear the positives on those injectors. I was contemplating an upgrade from the 968's I have now and will probably go that way.
    Care to share the set-up values you used?

Advanced Tuner
    I think we need to vote#1 IH8TOADS for Australian HP guy. LEarnt more from TOADS via message than I did at the HP course in Melbourne lol

Quote Originally Posted by IH8TOADS View Post
    They do have the lost fuel tables (enrichment lost load) but don't forget about the fact we're using a speed density algorithm for airflow which is more sensitive to temp corrections compared to you x transfer / maf set-up. You could also look at the Density Correction for Aircharge? There is also three tables for injector enrichment when hot and the values differ between strategies. Obviously when rail temps rise the fuel flow drops so you would think these tables increase the pulsewidth under these conditions. Given that there is not rail temp sensor, it works off a 'time since running function'. How active these are will depend on the strategy i suspect. Its sometimes difficult to test these in an 'uncontrolled environment' given you can't make real time changes to the calibration.
    I'll try to find the time this week to get this in for you guys.

Tuner
    Can anyone explain why knock cannot be logged in the turbo falcons like most other vehicles. Is the information not in the ALDL data sream or is it in a format that VCM suite cannot read.

I know it is being done with things like "knock ears" however nothing can beat logging and lining up with all other necessary parameters.

On another note can anyone tell me how to get a 0-5 volt square wave signal for rpm from a turbo falcon this can then give a stand alone logging system which can monitor knock.

Thanks

Advanced Tuner
    HP Tuners dont have the DMR's specified for Knock Retard, but Eric informs us that a big scanner update isn't too far away, you will probably find the MAP doesnt work either, you get some real funky values. You can't get a square wave tacho signal from a falcon from memory for shift lights, eboost etc, you need a tach adapter. I bought a Autometer one a while ago to use with the eboost but i havent fitted it yet.

Tuner
    Without a knock pid it is impossible to accurately map the knock threashold even a knock sensor voltage would be better than nothing. My map reading appears to work fine (FG).

Tried an Autometer tach adaptor it would not supply a signal good enough to feed another PCM (holden) for logging knock on the falcon.

I was under the belief that logging knock would be extremely unlikely with the turbo six falcons, even bought an SCT to log knock that would not do it either which may indicate it can not be done hence the original question.