Page 32 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

Thread: Ford tuning in AUS

Advanced Tuner
    From what I understand the overboost thresh uses the desired boost table even in open loop boost control. So if you -16.3kpa in the overboost thresh it means the boost cut would occur 16.3kpa above what is in your desired boost table.
    Toads explained to me that the best thing to do is tune your wastegate duty cycle table to achieve what you want, then set your desired boost table up to reflect your boost curve, then you can trim the overboost thresh right back down to give some added protection, You can set it up with the EBC so that it controls boost and you can still use the P0236/P0238 will trigger the MIL if it overshoots the desired boost set using the Eboost etc. THats how I'm planning to set my eboost up anyway. The boys schooled me in the when you tune the car in open loop in 4th gear on the dyno, it makes them lazy in 1st,2nd,3rd and overshoot in 5th,6th The eboost wont being to open until the desired crack pressure. So in theory help the car come on strong in each gear without the overshoot in the high gear/loads

Advanced Tuner
    Also Luke, did you get and Brendan get a chance to get that info to Bill?
    Last edited by 45T-XR; 12-01-2013 at 09:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 45T-XR View Post
    From what I understand the overboost thresh uses the desired boost table even in open loop boost control. So if you -16.3kpa in the overboost thresh it means the boost cut would occur 16.3kpa above what is in your desired boost table.
    Toads explained to me that the best thing to do is tune your wastegate duty cycle table to achieve what you want, then set your desired boost table up to reflect your boost curve, then you can trim the overboost thresh right back down to give some added protection, You can set it up with the EBC so that it controls boost and you can still use the P0236/P0238 will trigger the MIL if it overshoots the desired boost set using the Eboost etc. THats how I'm planning to set my eboost up anyway. The boys schooled me in the when you tune the car in open loop in 4th gear on the dyno, it makes them lazy in 1st,2nd,3rd and overshoot in 5th,6th The eboost wont being to open until the desired crack pressure. So in theory help the car come on strong in each gear without the overshoot in the high gear/loads
    Im using ebc, it has a overboost feature you can set it to say 20psi for the limit and then a % it will cut back by so set to 20psi and 80% will come back to 16psi.

I was going to put the factory boost solenoid back in to play around with it. in the desired boost table are the values in kpa? so in open loop the boost just uses the duty cycle and on a cold night might be more and hot day less boost, closed loop uses the temp mulitpliers etc? how do you set it for open or closed loop?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by orangeute338 View Post
    Bigmat, where did you get that cooler from?
    Sorry it's been a while, I have been unable to do anything really, just completed back surgery, today is the first day back on a laptop
    (tried using the phone but eyes got too sore lol)
    anyway the IC is a Rapidsystems Stage2 one
    Cheers

Tuner in Training
    Hey guys just new to the forum and looking at getting vcm suite to use in a ba turbo t56 - xf falcon conversion. Just trying to find out with certainty can vcm suite remove all the security functions off the ecu so i can run it in the xf without the ba key?

Just needing clarification before i go ahead and buy it, as so far ive heard yes and no.

Advanced Tuner
    Yes it can, where are you located? Do you plan to do any tuning besides shutting down PATS? if not it may be more cost effective for you to find somebody on here who's nearby and see if they will disable it for you. Cost would be down to the license + whatever the person decides to charge.
    04 Velocity MKII M6 & 06 BF F6 555 ZF6

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by hiddeous View Post
    Yes it can, where are you located? Do you plan to do any tuning besides shutting down PATS? if not it may be more cost effective for you to find somebody on here who's nearby and see if they will disable it for you. Cost would be down to the license + whatever the person decides to charge.
    Cheers for clearing that up, was told on the ford forums that once the battery is isolated it needs to see a key again. Im in Brisbane and will do the tuning myself. Have had a decent amount of experience with motec ecu & adl from my bike days, so hopefully i can convert what i know and learned without too many problems. All my experience was with aspirated engines though and are going to be very rusty so will need to keep an open mind about doing a course or something as a refresher. Step at time though and will tackle later if it becomes a problem.

I downloaded vcm suite today and are chasing down a stock and or a modified tune just to browse so i can familiarise myself with the software beforehand as im not starting the actual conversion till sometime in mid jan. Someone offered my a stock tune already on the ford forums, but if that doesnt happen is there a database of them or would anyone have a ba turbo manual tune i could have? Have been browsing through the forums here for a week or so and sounds like it'll be a steep learning curve, the community here sounds strong so that makes a big difference and are really looking forward to the challenge

EDIT - The car also was tuned with an old chiptorque flash tuner. Is it possible to read that tune? Id like to keep it if possible as it had just over 400whp, and was setup to run with the injectors etc.
    Last edited by luke187; 12-22-2013 at 04:33 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Isolating the battery won't have any effect on the disablement of PATS.

We have a tune repository but you need to be a customer to access it. I have attached a 04 BA MKII manual tune for you to have a look at. PATS setting are located under the System Tab PATS is already disabled and PATS alternate needs to be disabled.

You will be able to read the tune from the PCM.

new 6spd pcm stock tune.hpt

Tuner in Training
    Thanks, really appreciate that. Customer of where out of curiosity? Do you have a webpage?

Advanced Tuner
    Hpt/Vcm Suite Customers page Mate, once you purchase you software/hardware you'll get a customer number and home page. This is where you can purchase credits and download updated versions of the software.

Advanced Tuner
    Luke, sounds like you have carried out a PATS disable before. How long did it take?

Advanced Tuner
    It only takes as long as a usual flash. It's not as tedious as parameter reset/Pats relearn you probably did as the dealer as there's no 600 second time out etc etc.

It just removed the need for the PCM to see a valid PATS signal to start. I have removed it for a couple of guys over here who are running Barra's in Pootrols and also ran my car with PATS disabled for a while when I was waiting for my bosch LT flasher to arrive so I can carry put a full PATS relearn and install a new PCM.

does anyone know where to find or has the ecu pin outs for ba/bf ecu? i got a au and was thinking about putting a barra in. last time i did it i just ran the barra off the au ecu, worked well as na with nos, but now i have hp thought would be better with ba ecu to tune properly instead of using awful j3 chip again. i should be able to just turn off the PATS and wire needed stuff and get it all going easy enough. i read on another forum guy put ba motor in a patrol and he had some dramas with the vss signal. because the ecu needed info from the abs for the speed and he only had gearbox sensor he reckoned only the ford programmer could change the pcm from a abs signal to gearbox signal for vss like the base models have? should matter au has abs so should be able to pinch the signal off that. does anyone know if au auto is much different then the ba auto electronics wise? could the ba ecu run a au ecu maybe need valve body from a ba?

Advanced Tuner
    pinouts attached.

Au front hubs have the same number of teeth on the tone ring as a BA so you should be able to get VSS from the ABS unit *assuming the ute has it. If not just try teeing into the ABS sensor at the wheel for road speed.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k8fgf0vfo0...Powertrain.pdf

i got a au sedan fairmont, ok full story, i brought it to put a turbo on and i brought a j3 chip and tuner kit to tune it but its a bit shit and not the best with the au's so im over it. so i thought i have put a barra in a au before and i used the au ecu, throttle body, etc to run it, so why couldnt i use a ba ecu to run the sohc. the only difference is the vct. i noticed in the hp tuners you can turn off the ETC and VCT so i thought might be able to turn that off use the au throttle body and sohc just has the one cam sensor output so join the to off the ba loom to the one.

is it the bf that have 3 plugs or something else?

Advanced Tuner
    Page 89 EEC-C Connector 302

it only goes to 14pages when i opened it

Advanced Tuner
    *pg8

Tuner
    G'day guys/girls,

I'm new here, (and have already read all 32 pages!) as I have just purchased hp to tune my 2003 BAMKI XR6T 5 speed. It has a beautifully smooth and quiet T5Z in it as it was owned by a one owner careful driver. I plan on a Mal Wood T56 early in the new year if the 145,000km 5 speed would suit anyone??

Anyways, the car has an Icom JTG liquid injected lpg system installed, along with what the previous owner describes as 60lb injectors, and a CAPA tuning box with 95RON 10psi and 98RON 10psi tunes installed. It ran like a hairy goat at idle and light throttle and upon logging fuel trims, I noticed that the JTG injectors are not matched to the petrol injectors, so the tune was modified to compensate. This meant it ran rich on one fuel, and lean on the other.

I have since modded my stock file to mimic a 270 tornado file, and estimated the low/high slope and breakpoint. It now runs 5% ltft at idle, but reverts to zero ltft at anything above really low throttle%. Now though, the lpg stalls upon changeover and commands 30% stft at idle, and 25% on light load so I think I have to drill out my injector calibrators.

I've attached the CAPA files and my current Tornado file, and two logs from my Tornado file in the hope it may be of interest to you, and perhaps somebody could flick me some pointers?? I feel that my injector slopes/breakpoint/offset vs voltage may be a little off as it feels as if it has a small hesitation at really light throttle opening, and perhaps I'm getting knock at 4000rpm WOT??

Merry Christmas!!

Muz

CAPA 95RON 10psi.hpt
    CAPA 98RON 10psi.hpt
    My Stock tune modded to BA F6.hpt
    BA XR6T 270 tornado file low load driving log.hpl
    BA XR6T 270 tornado file, general driving, several wot.hpl
    Last edited by muz79; 12-23-2013 at 09:48 PM.