Page 31 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Thread: Ford tuning in AUS

Advanced Tuner
    Can you get your work mate to read the tune and then post it up here.

There is multiple items that could be causing it. the most obvious would be a torque managment issue. But we really need to see the tune to help
    04 Velocity MKII M6 & 06 BF F6 555 ZF6

Advanced Tuner
    ^This

Advanced Tuner
    Also a log file of the issue wouldn't hurt

Can you use the dongle on holden and ford? What torque management setting turns off spark retard. As mine starts to make boost the timing drops to 0 then starts to rise to the value in the map.

Advanced Tuner
    My understanding was the unit can be use on both, would just need ford credits of vice versa

Max out spark tip in/out and disable spark tip in and see if that helps

i have the spark tip in/out maxed but spark tip in is not disabled. tip in is 0.0 and tip out is .80

i just wondered with the dongle because when you buy it, the choice is ford or holden but i guess thats just to send you the correct credits setup on it

Tuner in Training
    so I'll need to buy ford credits before I can read the pcm on my car? I think its torque management myself too.
    thanks for the reply's too i'll see if I can use my mates laptop and software.

Thanks

you can suck the tunes out without credits. you just need the credits to adjust it

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by hiddeous View Post
    Have you altered the transport delay for the 02 sensor on the bank with the 02 sensor closer to the head?

I would suggest measuring the distance for each on a set of stock headers and make and approximate change to the delays based upon the new locations.

As for MAP sensor are you adding it to the main table display in the scanner? If so shoot [email protected] an email with the tune and calibration/software details and they should be able to add it.

Where are you located?
    1. Ok i'll try modifying the transport delay and see what happens.

2. Thanks for the tip, i'll give it a go, and email support

3. Western Suburbs Melbourne, Point Cook.

Tuner in Training
    okay i'll ask my mate if I can suck the tune out of my pcm,
    On a side note I carried out the throttle body reset as mentioned a few pages back for shits and giggles to see if that made any difference has made the in gear idle better, but I did notice while holding the pedal to the floor with the reds on my factory boost solenoid (still plug in even though I have a boost controller) rapidly ticks, after the 2 min wait I press the throttle up and down a few time and noticed that the solenoid starts rapidly ticking at about the same pedal position the surge or throttle stick occurs could just be coincidence but thought it worth a mention.

Thanks again for the reply's

Advanced Tuner
    Sounds to me like the factory boost control system is still enabled. Also you cannot reset the throttle body/tps. Each time the pcm is powered up it carries out a tb/tps test cycle. (You'lL hear it cycle if you power it up and dont start it) Holding the pedal flat and cranking resets the cam phasers.

Quote Originally Posted by hiddeous View Post
    Sounds to me like the factory boost control system is still enabled. Also you cannot reset the throttle body/tps. Each time the pcm is powered up it carries out a tb/tps test cycle. (You'lL hear it cycle if you power it up and dont start it) Holding the pedal flat and cranking resets the cam phasers.
    if you remove the boost solenoid and run a boost controller do you need to disable it? my seems to run fine with ebc controlling boost and the boost solenoid removed. i disabled it but the idle was at 3k when i started the car. whats the best way to setup hpt if you removed the second o2 sensor on a bf? atm i have just set it so it doesnt show a code or engine check light, the sensor is so plugged in atm but wanted to remove it if i can.

Advanced Tuner
    Yes you need to disable the closed loop voost control if your running an EBC

Advanced Tuner
    I know you can do that by disabling the turbo logic would disable that and you can just treat it like N/a
    But if you still wont to run the factory overboost as an extra bit piece of mind. You set the desired boost to where we want it , but do you just max out the wastegate duty cycle table and zero out all the hysteresis etc?

Advanced Tuner
    In my exprience if you disable the turbo logic the PCM reverts to NA calibrations for items such as the TMAP.

It's far better to leave it enabled. Leave over boost protection in place and then setup the desired boost table to reflect the boost curve you're trying to achieve.

Advanced Tuner
    Do you need to chance any of the other values ie proportional gain etc, I think most of those are used for closed loop anyway apart from the overboost thresh?

if you turn off the turbo logic wouldnt that change everything, the na map sensor is wired up different so that would all be out. i did try that too i think and didnt idle properly. i just raised all the over boost values and zeroed all the boost tables. will have to have another look at it when im back at the laptop.

Tuner in Training
    Hi all,
    Going to be able to have use of my mates laptop and vcm suite so I'm going to suck the tune out and do a bit of data logging at the same time, how do I post the tune and data log session? I'm guessing i'll be able to save it all on a flash drive also?

Thanks
    Last edited by Hiboost-xr6; 11-26-2013 at 11:39 PM. Reason: spelling

What are you using to data log? Should be able to attach files to forum in your post.

How do you disable closed loop boost control? In the overboost threshold what's the value = ? Stock tune is -16.3 which cuts out bit over 10psi my capa tune is -135.5 nO cut out that I have seen to 20psi