Page 28 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Thread: Ford tuning in AUS

Advanced Tuner
    According to my emails the one I sent you was my dirty old 98 tune... was about 480-500hp

Advanced Tuner
    The GTX3576 would be mentle coming on boost on E85.. If you can get a hold of a cheap stock FG turbo with low k's get ahold of Hayley Elliott on the facebook she is on the performance inc page.
    She deals with a company in the USA that specialize in Garret and fitting billet wheels etc, the price she gave was rediculouly cheap.. might be worth while. My gtx3582 was a bit doughy to come on but im certain that was only due to too little preload on the actuator (12lb actuator with about 8lb preload) as when I fitted the gtx I wasn't sure how the boost control would be due to my own port job and it being a bigger turbo. And looking at my w/gate duty table I'd say the ability to control the boost is quite good so I'm confident with the Eboost I should come on alot stronger and and make more boost. I run the same wastegae duty on the 500hp 98 tune and it went 11.6@120mph on street tyres, that was with the ZF having a fit an not shifting 4th gear. I'm hoping with the zf I've just built it should be a weapon on e85 and hopefully it holds up. If you ever need a cryo'd input shaft I can do them for $600 plus freight. I put one in dans box I built him and its run a back to back 10.8's

Advanced Tuner
    Yeah I have am FG 3576 ready to go, just sussing out wheels etc. I've got to swap my built motor into the F6 and then service the trans etc so it will be a while before im really ready to lean on it.

As it sits at the moment. Stock as a rock apart for my 4/4 brembo combo and wheels. I have tickled the tune a litte (as far as Im will to go without a wideband) and I must say im enjoying punting it around

IMAG0002.jpg
    04 Velocity MKII M6 & 06 BF F6 555 ZF6

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by orangeute338 View Post
    better hit MTA up for a mta900 if you cant get to 650hp
    That wont happen, the GTX35 will be more than enough to make the power I'm after, my goal is the to run sub 10.5 without a shop. Surely it should go 650, it only had 19psi in it, 23 and heap more timing now the fuel system is good should sort it out. If not I will just keep screwing boost up to 26psi or where it starts to lose efficiency. See how the ol'home built motor goes. but the only drastic change I would make down the track would be high comp pistons for E85, that would certainly liven it up.

I got the limited throttle sorted, i had forgotten about the tail lights. so i replaced the resistor this morning and full throttle again. so wasn't a problem in the tune after all. thanks 45T-XR for the help. did some testing before 36deg outside, cruseing around IAT are up around 48-49deg. did a 4th gear run 1500rpm - 6500rpm and intake temps went upto 56deg so temps didnt increase all that much but temps to start with are pretty high so will have to look into making a box for my air filter, just have it on the battery side with no box but fed air from the front fog light. using a $300 ebay 500x400x90 cooler also

Advanced Tuner
    No problem at all mate, I had a manual b series come in when i was 3rd year with the same problem. Had had 1 previous 4th year apprentice, 1 tradie and the foreman look at the car previously and couldn't fix it. I came across it by accident sort of, I was datalogging the pedal and throttle position and noticed the difference in desired vs actual. The fact that it seemed to limit throttle to 30% seemed like it was a function meant to be there.. by design if that makes sense, then I twigged that the throttle might have been limited for reverse. Then on the way out to a quiet section of highway one of the other apprentices booted the car and I was in the work ute behind him and saw the reverse lights come on, called him and said I bet it just played up, he said yep. So that confirmed my theory on it thinking it was in reverse. Then just had to figure out why... found it was the low resistance of the LED tail lights making the reverse switch and triggering the fault. Tested it with stock tail lights, problem solved, so wired up load resisters and never heard from it again. Glad it's sorted mate, happy boosting!!

Advanced Tuner
    When I was running the Process west Stage 2 cooler and the Snow performance water/meth on pump fuel i was getting IAT's down to 19-22 degrees Celsuis with ambient temps of low 30, with 19psi. I havent been using it since I went to e85 but will most likely just go back to a very small jet just to chill the air a bit more. But have to do some logging with/witout to see if the water/meth reacts with the E85 in an adverse way.

wow that's pretty good colder then ambient, i dint even think that was possible without dry ice or something sorta of ice box water to air cooler, im keen to try the water meth just haven't gotten around to it yet. what was the intake temps with out the water/meth? wrapped the intake pipe with some reflective heat wrap and made it worse, its was about 37-38today here and the intake temps were up to 60deg while cruising. took a bit longer to heat up but the warp seems to hold the heat in a lot more. best thing would probably be to shield the filter with a box. was thinking of running cooler thermostat or high flow on try get whole lot cooler. car is so flat when iat are 60deg doesn't even wheelspin in 2nd gayness.

did you have a progressive system or just sprayed the same amount all the time? seems pretty effective if you could get 10deg cooler then outside.

spot on with the reverse lights, hasnt played up since i replaced the load resistor. because the roads are so shit here everything stuffs up. broke the mounts on my tray once too.

Advanced Tuner
    I will have to check my logs but the stage two cooler was about ambient temp from memory, i went to the stage 3 when i went to the gtx, havent logged iat's since or run water meth for that water. Will have to do some more logs. The kit i used was the snow performance stage 2 kit. Has a controller with map reference and you chose when you want it to start then the second dial is max boost, the controller starts at around 10% when it starts and increases pump output linearly. I had 4 degrees extra timing in my 98 tune but stopped there, never pushed it to ping as i still had the stock rods at that stage

do you have the pw air box and plenum? Im hoping making a airbox will bring the temps down. guy i know here just got a stage 3 pw cooler so will be interesting to see what his temps are compared to mine he has throttle body relo also. went out before and was about 33deg and intake temps only went up to 40deg cruising around so maybe under bonnet temps are killing the intake temps that's what i'm hoping.

do you mod the spark correction tables or only the border line knock table? or all the spark correctors?

yeah the water meth with the controller is the way to go. that's what i was thinking about getting.

Advanced Tuner
    PW airbox, .7 front on the GTX35 but Plaz plenum.
    Toads and Hiddeous would be far more qualified but I dont like the idea of anything adding timing to the BLK Table as it would be time consuming i think to set it up poperly and get accurate data without a dyno, So I essentially dumb down the PCM and zero out most of the modifier tables where it adds timing for IAT or anything like that. I do use the higher ends of the tables though to rape timing for high IAT, CHT etc. I need to spend the time to calibrate them better. I still run knock sensors with the E85 with the stock calibration which is too harsh, I need to refine that also to make it less aggressive. I have a knock box but hooking it up when the car is hot is near impossible on the side of the road when logging so my plan is to run no factory knock sensors for a while, and mount the knock box in the car and run the cables all through the firewall to the box, then as soon as I want to log, its a matter of plugging in the headphones and hooking the laptop up. Once Ive got it all the timing etc where I want it, then I can turn the knock sensors back on and log where they are pulling timing without actuall knock and play around with the sensitivity. But im trying to get my head around reading the timing marks on the plugs for the strip and to get the best average power, as it isn't peak power that makes a quick car. But the Eboost wiring will take priority first.

Potential Tuner
    does any one have a compare file i can look at to force open open on the boost map?

Advanced Tuner
    Hi Tony,
    I have replied to your email regarding your issues.

Advanced Tuner
    Hi Lads,

I got an email from Bill today saying they have added a new "cranking spark" table for my strategy. Is available from the new 2.24 I haven't downloaded it to check, but just thought I would let you know

Yes. It is in all Australian strategies. If you got the email from Bill it should already be in there. The others I finished today, so they will be in tomorrow's build.

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks for the confirmation I will have a play around tonight and see if I have any joy. Cold starts are a pain as you know, only get one crack, maybe two each day

Advanced Tuner
    Any updates on any other new parameters in the new Beta Eric?

I'm just curious if anyone has run 600rwkw in an FG with HP. Wondering if its been done

Quote Originally Posted by hiddeous View Post
    Any updates on any other new parameters in the new Beta Eric?
    Cranking Spark is the only thing I have added to the Australians so far, and it is in 2.24. There is no longer a public beta.

Advanced Tuner
    2.24.???

Currently on 2.24.308 and it doesn't appear to be in there? What do you mean by there is no longer a public beta?

EDIT: scratch that found it in .308 My question re public beta's remains

cheers
    Luke
    Last edited by hiddeous; 11-12-2013 at 07:43 PM.