Page 27 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Thread: Ford tuning in AUS

Advanced Tuner
    Have you got LED Tail lights?

yeah i do. i can only get it to cut at a set rpm and hold that rpm doesn't bounce so doesn't get any boost, but still would be handy at the drags to get the launches more consistent stepping off the clutch at set rpm. i was wondering if you could set the timing to retard in neutral might induce some boost. dont think the hp software really has much adjustment in that area tho.
    the rpm limit launch setting is the reverse gear rpm limit, none of the other ones seem to do anything

I modded the torque figures in the indicated engine torque table and seems as tho my limited throttle has been fixed and i can go wot and makes boost as normal, it feels a little laggy then before so might need more tweaking with some other stuff.

have anyone looked at the na tune and the turbo tune and noticed the different throttle angle vs pedal, and gain proportional valve? ever since my ute was new it has always had a pretty doey throttle, when i back off it doesnt snap back to vac on the boost gauge it seems like its slow to react to closing the throttle, which affects when having bov, no matter how soft you put the spring on the bov you always get a heap of flutter out the turbo then a pssshhh out the bov after. something else to play around with.

Advanced Tuner
    Is your torque module switch turned on?
    04 Velocity MKII M6 & 06 BF F6 555 ZF6

i have it turned off, i sorted the low throttle problem. raising the figures in the indicated torque has stopped it. still slight throttle cut in 4th under 2000rpm so will have to adjust a bit more.

Advanced Tuner
    Trq mod needs to be on for the neutral rev limit to work. Id suggest turning it back on and doing some logging with your xcal to determine which torque requestors are coming into play the adjust them to suit. You really shouldn't need to adjust indicated engine torque if your torque requestors are set properly

there is no info about what does what. the help file tells you what each thing is for but not what it changes. i know the hp tuners want no responsibility if something breaks on your car but could at least say. this sections controls this, etc.

in the etc torque management, there is only torque reduction rpm which only have 1100 next to tcs, and the clip torque there is only trans trunc which is 40. is there something else that controls the tcs torque control?

if the car is making more torque then the factory values wouldn't the indicated engine torque need changing?

i turned the tq switch back on and tested the rev limiter in neutral and all good. I will have to get a xcal 2 since i only have the first box which doesn't log. small steps
    Last edited by orangeute338; 10-19-2013 at 02:41 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    If you raise indicated engine torque the increase figure will be used for torque calculation and torque management will come in sooner. leave this standard, and as I mentioned adjust the torque requestors.

There are requestors under fuel cut and spark cut. The PCM uses spark then fuel then ETC to control torque so tune in that order. I generally set the fuel and spark cut requestors to similar values for each torque requestor.

ill try go back to stock and adjust the requestors. when i raise the indicated torque the problem is fixed. is there a list of what which requestor is what? in the ETC requstors the only one that has a value is the TCS which is the factory 1100. but will still cut the throttle if i have the indicated torque standard. i raised the values 50 for each on the last 2 lines and no cutting out. when i used to stab the throttle there was a delay and before it went wot, now it feels like i have a cable TB its instant. also noticed more induction noise when i got wot off boost. thinking before it was never going full wot or something down low. car has whole new induction sound.

Advanced Tuner
    TCS is traction control system. Are you sure it's cutting throttle? Have you logged TPS V Commanded TPS,Spark and Comanded Lambda?

i have logged the tps, when it cuts out it goes to 30% throttle

Advanced Tuner
    Raise the tcs cut in above the rpm range that the issue is occurring in.
    Last edited by hiddeous; 10-20-2013 at 02:01 AM.

in the ETC torque reduction rpm vs requestor? its says below this rpm the ETC may be used for torque reduction for the various modes requested, its set at 1100rpm under TCS and all rest at 0. to me that says under 1100rpm when the tcs kicks in it it may use the ETC to control the wheelspin?

I thought i had the launch limiter sorted but went for a drive and found the netrual rpm limit i set also limits while driving. i tried adjusting the neutral exit speed to 0, 5, 10km/h, tried adjusting the min and max loads that it says it should work or not work.

if i make the neutral exit speed low it should only have that rpm limit under that speed correct? thats what it says in the program, "below this speed for manual trans the neutral rpm limit will be used"

i understand there isnt much info for this program and its learn as you go sorta thing, and you need to adjust stuff see what changes then learn, but when it says it will do this and then you adjust it and nothing happens its just confusing

Advanced Tuner
    I believe that description is arse about. ETC torque reduction is used well above 1100 rpm for TCS and other Trq mgmt functions (ie vehicle speed limiter)

You need to set the neutral exit speed to the cross over point between RPM and Road speed. IE if your NRL is set to 3500 work out how many KPH your doing at 3500 in 1st and set it to that.

Be aware the clutch switch is very sensitive and it will throw the limiter back on with very little movement from the clutch pedal.

i just set it to 4000 and went out but still was playing up the clip torque table is all 0.0. it was just random tho would do it sometimes then sometimes wouldnt. NRL a go again worked out what speed i need to set it at.

in the torque requestors is there some list of which one does what? and say in the fuel cut page 0.0 is fuel cut off and in the table there is values .7 .8 .9 etc what ratio are they?

what does the spark tip-in torque control adjust also?

Advanced Tuner
    Luke, would it be worth while adding that comment amount the descriptions being ass about in the suggestions thread?
    I know the guys are flat out with Mustang stuff, but atleast we know they are trying hard to make the improvements.

I just set the neutral exit speed to 44km/h which is 3500rpm in first and set the rev limit to 3500, and all working. yay some progress, thanks hiddeous you were spot on. I see what you mean about the clutch being real sensitive. i have a bad habit of resting my foot on the clutch pedal and that is enough to make it cut in while driving. i set the ETC setting to 6000rpm but still cuts in in second first seems to not cut any throttle.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 45T-XR View Post
    Luke, would it be worth while adding that comment amount the descriptions being ass about in the suggestions thread?
    I know the guys are flat out with Mustang stuff, but atleast we know they are trying hard to make the improvements.
    Im only making an assumption that it's incorrect, I can't actually back it up but it does seem to respond in the opposite facshion to the notes.

Have you found it too work correctly?

Advanced Tuner
    Yeah ok no problems, did I send you my E85 tune already to get your opinion on it? It was the one that went a touch over 600rwhp on pump E85 but was running out of pump, was about 19psi on the gtx with the actuator preload too soft... Got the eboost 2 mounted in the dash now so just have to wire it up now the fuel system is all done. If it doesnt go 650+ i will burn it

Quote Originally Posted by 45T-XR View Post
    Yeah ok no problems, did I send you my E85 tune already to get your opinion on it? It was the one that went a touch over 600rwhp on pump E85 but was running out of pump, was about 19psi on the gtx with the actuator preload too soft... Got the eboost 2 mounted in the dash now so just have to wire it up now the fuel system is all done. If it doesnt go 650+ i will burn it
    better hit MTA up for a mta900 if you cant get to 650hp

Advanced Tuner
    Yeah did look at the tune, I replied to your email? Spam folder maybe? I picked up a BF F6 ZF6 so am also playing with auto's now.
    Im going down the 3576 route, plan to run 85 and billet wheel (ala gtx3576)