Page 26 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Thread: Ford tuning in AUS

Care to elaborate a bit further on that MR ss ?
    FG F6 400+RWKW .....10.9 @ 132mph.... FIRST 10sec F6 in SA ( sold )
    DYNO DYNAMICS 1200hp ...... Tuning weapon..... ( sold )
    OFFICIAL JONNY TIG INDUSTRIES SUPPLIER ..... Biggest and lightest intercoolers for B and F falcons
    SUBARU BRZ ......AVO TURBO KIT coming......soon
    VF R8 CLUBSPORT SV...... 340FWKW.....ASE BIG SINGLE KIT .....one day

Advanced Tuner
    if you try and bring it on too quick etc you will have problems with over boosting etc,
    once you work out what works with what setup its works well

Advanced Tuner
    If you had a decent port job, you could fit a bigger actuator and get it to come on pretty hard without the overshoot. Like ss said, depends on the turbo, flapper, actuator setup

Potential Tuner
    Hey guys i'm hoping to get a bit of advice. Ive got a BF2 I6 NA that i'm going to get tuned at some point. Everybody says SCT is the best option for the Fords but its also pretty expensive and ive also had several people tell me the NA tunes arent that difficult anyway. So thats led me to the idea of data logging and tuning myself, which of course isnt supported by Herrod being the SCT distributor.

From what i can find, for HP Tuners this should be what i need. Theres also the Commando software from Sniper that it seems i can use for about $1100 with a flash device. From what i can tell, the Sniper has access to more parameters than HP Tuners but there seems to be almost no support for it - either from workshops around Sydney or even online, so i'm hesitant to spend the extra money just to get the extra access, which from what i can find i'm only really missing the control over the transmission (BTR 4 speed in this case) which ive been told can be substituted with either a shift kit or adjustable S5 solenoid.

Those of you who are using HP Tuners then to tune themselves, how do you find the software? Would it be confusing, daunting, or even dangerous for somebody who has never attempted ECU tuning?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    FPV GTHO you can always download our software here http://files.hptuners.com/VCM%20Suite/VCM%20Suite.msi to poke & prod around to see what you are getting.

It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    Hi All,

I'm looking for a opinions on tuning a Territory Turbo. Is there room with these for more hp and better economy, or are they limited by the intercooler?

I'm a new tuner, I have HP tuners for my Cobra, with a BF XR8. I've tuned more hp into that, but it's very basic, no boost settings

Sevenohms

fpv if u have no idea dont even attempt it , pay someone to tune it , money well spent
    i have a basic understanding of hp and its fair technical and alot of "u should already know what ur doing comes into it "

seven, very decent gains can be had off tuning a T/T or any turbo platform falcon/terry but hardware is always a limiting factor but i think upwards of 270awkw can be had off the stock hardware
    FG F6 400+RWKW .....10.9 @ 132mph.... FIRST 10sec F6 in SA ( sold )
    DYNO DYNAMICS 1200hp ...... Tuning weapon..... ( sold )
    OFFICIAL JONNY TIG INDUSTRIES SUPPLIER ..... Biggest and lightest intercoolers for B and F falcons
    SUBARU BRZ ......AVO TURBO KIT coming......soon
    VF R8 CLUBSPORT SV...... 340FWKW.....ASE BIG SINGLE KIT .....one day

Tuner in Training
    Hi, after reading this whole thread what's the latest update on BTR4 and ZF6 transmission ? can one using VCM Suite (HPTuner) make adjustments to these two transmissions used by ford Australia. From reading the post it is no!

cheers

Tuner
    You can adjust multiple items on the btr trans but as far as I am aware with the zf you can turn off torque reduction only. I could be wrong about the zf but im sure others in the know will chime in and elaborate further.

Tuner in Training
    Thanku JVK, " You can adjust multiple items on the btr trans but as far as I am aware " does someone care to share a snapshot of the variables that can be adjusted on the BTR4 transmissions ?

Can Hptuner program the American ford f150 2007 6r80 automatic transmissions ? Any American guys confirm this YES or NO ?

Is there copy of VCM suite I can evaluate and download Engine plus tranny file to veiw my end ? For Australian fords?

Any direct links available would appreciated thanks

cheers
    Last edited by FPV_GTp; 08-16-2013 at 09:50 PM. Reason: TYPO Correction

Tuner in Training
    Ok answered my own question silly me Bill altrady had a link after reading 26 pages going bananas oops , slightly embarrassed didnt see this but here goes , Free DEMO Downlaod , TRY BEFORE YOU BUY " on home page on http://www.hptuners.com/ dowload nearly done " C:\Program Files\HP Tuners\VCM Suite\ " fingers crossed it works

Lets see some of the downlaooded VCM Ford Australian tunes.

cheers
    Last edited by FPV_GTp; 08-18-2013 at 07:02 PM. Reason: typo

Tuner in Training

"Free DEMO Download , TRY BEFORE YOU BUY "

Download completed but already run into a brick wall.

The only thing that the software allows me to open is VCM Suite Help files, " VCM Suite Help . as far as VCM Edit and VCM Scanner" its comes up with a dialog box saying , VCM Scanner.exe- ,Net Framework Initialization Error. To run this application , you first must install one of the following versions of the ,NET Framework: V4.0.30319 , Contact your application publisher for instructions about the appropriate version of the ,NET Framework. "

Will do some more ready tonight in the " VCM Suite Help " see what this message is actually asking of me as need to do some work here at workplace but if anyone can shed some light on this topic please do so.

Otherwise the "Free DEMO Download , TRY BEFORE YOU BUY " isn't working on my PC. Is this a security thing from HPtuner? if so could one of the moderators assist as I don't know who to PM at this stage?

cheers
    Last edited by FPV_GTp; 08-18-2013 at 07:01 PM.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by FPV_GTp View Post
    Download completed but already run into a brick wall.

The only thing that the software allows me to open is VCM Suite Help files, " VCM Suite Help . as far as VCM Edit and VCM Scanner" its comes up with a dialog box saying , VCM Scanner.exe- ,Net Framework Initialization Error. To run this application , you first must install one of the following versions of the ,NET Framework: V4.0.30319 , Contact your application publisher for instructions about the appropriate version of the ,NET Framework. "

Will do some more ready tonight in the " VCM Suite Help " see what this message is actually asking of me as need to do some work here at workplace but if anyone can shed some light on this topic please do so.

Otherwise the "Free DEMO Download , TRY BEFORE YOU BUY " isn't working on my PC. Is this a security thing from HPtuner? if so could one of the moderators assist as I don't know who to PM at this stage?

cheers
    This means that you need to install Microsoft .Net 4 Framework on your computer before the software will function properly. It's a free download from Microsoft.
    Jaime

Tuner in Training
    Hi, Thank you Jaime, just download the Microsoft .NET Framework 4 , here is a link for others if they encounter similar issue

Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (Standalone Installer)

http://www.microsoft.com/en-au/downl....aspx?id=24872

cheers

Tuner in Training
    Ok , finally downloaded the demo software and had a quick look at the sample tune files of USA brand vehicles 2000 Chevy Cavalier L4 Big - 12206042 , 2005 Pontiac GTO E40 - 12596734 , 2009 Chevy Cobalt SSTC E69 - 12629314 , 2012 Chevy Cruze E78 - 12646746 , 2002 Chevy Camaro P01 - 12212156 , 2006 Chevy Cobalt P12 - 12598275 , 2009 Chevy Silverado E35 - 12628594 , 2014 Chevy Corvette E92 - 126600652002 Pontiac Grand Prix P04 - 12223462 , 2006 Chrysler 300C NGC3 - 04896600AH , 2009 Chevy Silverado LTFT Cruise Log , 2005 Ford Mustang Oak 1024 - FBHR2G4 , 2009 Cadillac CTSV E67 - 12632176 , 2010 Chevy Camaro E38 - 12633056 now will see if i can look at some examples of the posted tune iles of Australian Fords in theis thread.

HP Tuners Technology: A Look Inside
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLYIvEDX958

Setting Up Custom Histograms for "Virtual VE" Tuning
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIl3OHwHoCY

hi guys, im new to the forum,

i have a 07 bf xr6 turbo ute. has usualy bolt ons. bigger cooler, 3inch hot and cold side piping, 60lb injectors, 3inch battery side intake, 4inch dump twin 2.5inch system on muffler dumped at diff, ported turbo 12lb spring. was tuned with sct made 338kw on 12psi. I wanted to push it a bit further with the hp tuners, when it was tuned the tuner could not get it to boost any higher then 12psi, so i installed a ebc and boost it to around 17-19psi. since i put in a new clutch in it started to play up. it would cut throttle and only boost to 3psi then would come good only do it every now and then. then it got to a point it just does it all the time under 3250rpm if you got wot it will only move the tb enough to keep car at 3psi then once 3250rpm is hit it goes wot and spools up as normal. i have turned off the torque management in the hp tuners and reflashed it and also adjusted some of the dtc to remove the engine light for second o2 sensor and having no boost solenoid but still does the same thing. i just wondered if the load with failed maf would effect it, the car is making boost down lower from when it was tuned because it has stock clutch when tuned and was slipping a bit. i noticed in the failed maf map the load is lower at set rpm then the factory map. have posted map if anyone could give me some pointers would be good.

the scalers for the injectors aren't the best either at idle i have -11 ltft also

cheers
    Josh

Advanced Tuner
    How much pre-load is on the actuator? For the purposes of testing, re enable the P0243 i think it is and plumb the stock wastegate control solenoid up and increase the duty cycle in the wastegate table, you only have just over 30% in it at the moment, and that isn't very much.

I have a GTX35 with 12lb actuator with 8lb of preload on the actuator with far more w/gate duty. Have you got a dyno sheet or log showing the boost curve how it was when it was tuned with SCT

Advanced Tuner
    Do you have the stock tune file?

Reflash it to stock so all airflow tables are correct anxd start again. The new clutch plus modded LWFM tables will be causing you issues.
    Post your tune up here for us to have a look.
    04 Velocity MKII M6 & 06 BF F6 555 ZF6

it works fine with the ebc i have had it that way for 6 years, since the car was tune back then. I think its more to do with changing stuff since the tune. i had a new clutch in few years ago and it was fine, but only lasted 6 months it was under ratted for my power. so car was off the road for a year when i build a tray for it and changed a few things. when was tuned had rapid cooler kit. under battery intake, pipe wrap around pipe upto tb, full exhaust. now it has 3inch intake with 4inch end, some porting on the lower inlet manifold, throttle body relo, 3inch hotside cooler piping, 1 muffler not cat, plus new solid centre puck clutch. even off boost it feels like it makes more power and starts to spool sooner. posted up my tune. I still have the stock tune thats on the flash tuner so i can start again from there.

i realised the LWFM table was all just stock xr6t i was comparing with the stock f6 table i had. once i sucked the stock map out then i realised it was just stock in the tuned map. only things that were changed was the timing and injector scaling and failed attempt to make more boost. pretty average tune
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by orangeute338; 10-15-2013 at 10:28 PM.

has anyone got the neutral cut off rpm limiter to work? i can adjust the netural rpm when in reverse gear but nothing seems to work in 1st gear changing the rpm valves, neutral exit speed, min-max load etc.

I have put the f6 LWFM tables in and timing maps and still get limited throttle, when you go WOT the scan tool reads wot then will cut back to around 30% throttle and now it is a bit over the place some gears can boost some cant sometimes lets you boost wheneva and other times only goes 30% throttle whole rev range. i have turned off everything i can find to do with the etc, any other ideas?