Page 23 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Thread: Ford tuning in AUS

I'll be interested to see the outcome . .

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by gmhkla View Post
    so had the car tuned again today, improvement in performance again but no go in fixing the issue with the DTC
    this guy has tuned HEAPS of BAs BFs n FG turbos and my car is the only one hes had this issue with. it even had the issue with the SCT tuner.

to make the problem even more confusing as soon as the out side air temp drops below 20degrees is when it starts boost cutting and throwing this dtc, when ever its over 20degrees out side I can thrash the sh*t out of it non stop and it wont fricken do it!!
    im convinced its a mechanical issue with either the IAT sensor, Wastegate actuator or the Wastegate solenoid.
    Is this the same car from the Ford forum...Mick from pitlane was on the money....and so was Brendan (IH8TOADS)

Potential Tuner
    Yea mate it is and by the sounds of it I'll be going back to the sct tuner...
    09 FG F6 Auto, Plazmaman 4inch intake pipe, 5inch high flow cat, Herrod Intercooler pipes, 319.7rwkw

Tuner in Training

Unhappy referencing decel spark

Hi All,

My heavily modified BA Haat3 appears to be intermittently referencing the decel spark map when cruising at ~1500 rpm.
    Can someone tell me what the rules are for deceleration spark to be used instead of load/ rpm/MBT/other tables?

Cheers,
    Chris.
    Last edited by Bad Apples; 01-12-2013 at 06:19 AM. Reason: (spark)

Advanced Tuner
    ^ i have EXACTLY the same issue. Was planning to look into in properly in the next week or so, so keen to find out the above info as well!
    04 Velocity MKII M6 & 06 BF F6 555 ZF6

Advanced Tuner
    Hiddeous,
    I remember, Toads saying something about Spark tip-in, tip-out enable/Disable rpm. I still haven't worked out exactly what it does but It may apply. Or if you have an explaination that would be appreciated

Advanced Tuner
    Yeah have been playing around with tip ip/out in the spark tab and in TM but cant find a cause. Changed the throttle body and that improved it but since changing engines (but keep same TB) it's become worse again!

Advanced Tuner
    Thats interesting, I can't seem to understand how changing the TB has had an influence, unless is something that involves airflow.

What pistons are in your built engine and what is the static compression?
    Did you have any head work done or is just basically forgies and valve springs

Advanced Tuner
    The new engine is one that Ninka built, can't tell you static comp, runs mahle power pack, atomic 998's billet pump gears,hd timing chain and tensioner etc etc. No head work this time but the BF cams make up for that compared to my old BA cammed engine that had quite a bit of head work.

pulls -21inhg @ idle compared to my old motor that only pulled 17inhg so it moving a whole lot more air

Advanced Tuner
    Maybe your issue is something in the cam tables although I cant recall if there is a cam angle/spark multiplier. From memory the Ba's had vct but they operated in conjunction with each other, and Ba mk11 had independent VCT, but I don't think Hp tuners provided the capability to adjust them independently. Could you pull a tune file from a BF and run that tune in yours with a altered processor code? and see if it is something In the background. You are still using SCT to log yeah?

Tuner in Training
    I've been doing a lot of research on tuning our aussie falcons and am trying to get my head around tuning the airflow tables to achieve correct afrs. I know a lot of people just ajust the injector slopes to achieve afrs, but I have compared a stock xr6t vs F6 file and injector settings are identical even though the F6 is running more boost. The main difference I noticed is in the load_with_failed_MAF table. Does the Ford computer use this table to as part of the calculation to work out airmass? MAP_at_zero_airmass and MAP_at_airmass are the same in both tunes.
    I have been told that load_with_failed_MAF table would affect transient fueling but it still doesn't explain how the F6 can run more boost without any other airflow changes to achieve the same afrs. Is there a table missing from HPtuners? MAP vs aircharge maybe?

Advanced Tuner
    I think the MAP per airmass is the main one, maybe the others are used as a multiplyer and thats how they change it

Tuner in Training
    Yeah I thought MAP per airmass would be the main table to modify, but Ford Aus din't change any of these figures between the xr6t and the F6, so obviously they are changing one of the multipliers or another table to adjust for the additional boost?

Advanced Tuner
    HP is missing tables.

BUT the difference in boost is bigger all really, and the MAP sensor is still the important variable in the speed density algorithm. The MAP at zero airmass is very important in getting correct AFR's for same TP and RPM but different load/MAP and this plays a part explaining how the PCM deals with differences in boost. The compression and turbo's were different then you would observe a different calibration. E.g FG XR & F6.

I.e if you use correct inj scaling and you are rich or lean at both/same MAP breakpoints then your slope vs airmass is out. If your are rich/lean at different MAP breakpoints then your map at zero airmass is out.

Have a look at the Injector Dynamics website, Paul is good some SD work with his mustang and has reverse engineered the VE table....cool stuff.

Tuner in Training
    As far as I can see, there is no table called "slope vs airmass" is this the "MAP per Airmass" table you are reffering to?

I have just read that article on the Injector Dynamics website and it is a very good explanation as to how VE is calculated. But trying to apply it to the HPtuners tables is confusing. The "MAP per Airmass" table doesn't seem to have any units, it is cam timing vs rpm with values in 20,000-30,000 range. What do these values represent?

Advanced Tuner
    Map per airmass....Aka slope. Yes.

Values are unitless. Reduce to add air.

Map at zero airmass is inHg.

Advanced Tuner
    Really? I thought decreasing the units added fuel?

Advanced Tuner
    I supose its kinda the same thing though ?

Advanced Tuner
    Yeah same same. Primary function is an airflow estimation...the PCM will add fuel if it knows it has more air.

Trbo 6 post up the files in 3d map
    FG F6 400+RWKW .....10.9 @ 132mph.... FIRST 10sec F6 in SA ( sold )
    DYNO DYNAMICS 1200hp ...... Tuning weapon..... ( sold )
    OFFICIAL JONNY TIG INDUSTRIES SUPPLIER ..... Biggest and lightest intercoolers for B and F falcons
    SUBARU BRZ ......AVO TURBO KIT coming......soon
    VF R8 CLUBSPORT SV...... 340FWKW.....ASE BIG SINGLE KIT .....one day