Page 22 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: Ford tuning in AUS

Advanced Tuner
    So when you say latest standard ford calibration, it would be the latest callibration for a particular operating system. How much??

Advanced Tuner
    Pm Sent
    04 Velocity MKII M6 & 06 BF F6 555 ZF6

Advanced Tuner
    Does anyone know how the idle spark advance is determined on the Ford I6 turbos. From looking at the datalogging, the spark is jumping around so much it seems that it is in some sort of closed loop controlling idle speed via spark. There seems to be a map that cant be seen for spark idle.

I have tried playing with the Spark Idle in Hptuners but changes did not do anything.
    Does anyone know whether the Spark Idle part works and why would it have a value of 60. I cant see an engine having an idle advance of sixty.

Advanced Tuner
    Spark is used to trim idle. Email me if you want the full run down of how the system works.

Advanced Tuner
    I just reread this entire thread as there is some really good info on it.
    One thing that made me hesitant buying HPTuners was talk of it not always successfully flashing in new tunes and the time it took.

I have an FG and have had not one issue flashing. Flashes 100% of the time and only takes just over 1min30sec. I have flashed probably 200 times playing around so the latest beta 2.2.3 software for the FG is good.

Hi all,
    Have a BA auto XR6 Turbo here today that has dtc P2105 - Throttle Actuator Control System - Forced Engine Shutdown. There are no other codes and it has a miss under boost that sounds like lack of spark. Plugs are good and I gaped them down to .9, I'm going to check resistance of coils now
    Anyone got any thoughts.
    Cheers
    Whip

Advanced Tuner
    I cant remember what P2105 is on its own buy it is triggering limp strategy. Could be a throttle body on its way out. if you had 1270 and 2110 Id say it was a tps.
    Im on the work computer atm as my laptop is at the shop getting fixed, If I had it I could give you an indication on what just that code on its own it. But Id check the throttle body

Tuner in Training

Quote Originally Posted by turbotrana View Post

I have an FG and have had not one issue flashing. Flashes 100% of the time and only takes just over 1min30sec.
    For may BA, I actually think the data connectivity is better than the obvious competition.
    The datalogging on HPT works every time, where on the competition it often requires revs to stat datalogging.
    Never had a single HPT flash issue.
    Cheers,
    Chris.

Thanks for the reply 45T XR. I had found some other info that pointed to the TPS so I followed a reset procedure and now the code is gone only to be replaced by a knock sensor circuit fault. I replaced the knock sensor after testing it against the one from my knock box and now the P2105 fault is back so I think TPS is next on the hit list. I think I'll also give it a compression test. Damn I wanted a short week this week so I could start the weekend early

Here is the TPS reset that cleared it first time round.
    Throttle Position Sensor (setup)

To set the closed throttle reference position, place the transmission in Drive, Air con off, and let the engine idle for 2 minutes.
    To set the wide-open throttle reference position by turning the engine off- but leave the ignition switch to the "ON," position, (dash warning lights should be on) then press the accelerator pedal to the floor and hold it their for 1-2 minutes.
    Then put into PARK and switch off the ignition.
    Drive the vehicle and check for proper shifting patterns.

Ok what I have learned this morning code P2105 comes back after I do a write with a battery charger hooked up to the ute. I can't clear this code with the HPT scanner but when I hook up my launch I can only see P0563 high voltage and when I clear it with the launch the HPT scanner does not show code P2105 anymore. The reason I have a battery charger hooked up to the vehicle is it does not seem to let me write a flash with out it. I kinda wish I only had Holdens to do this week.

I've got a tuned ba falcon with the btr 4spd it has a. 2800rpm stally running about 350rwkw

Now everytime I change into third gear it surges like the throttle body's closing, all the times it happens only when I change gears myself in tiptronic.
    It seems like if I leave it in D it doesn't happen but I can do a 1/4 mile pass in D as the car likes to select 4th gear just before the line and I won't it to hold 3rd

Is anyone able to tell me what part of my tune may be wrong,????

Thanks heaps

Advanced Tuner
    How log has this been happening? Is it something that just started or did it happen after a tune.

2nd to 3rd gear surge has happened from all 3 different tuners I have been to!

But not it's worse, every gear change and take off!

Potential Tuner
    hi guys i know im probably just being lazy by not researching it but can someone email me the best way in the easiest terms on how to fix the P1227 issue on an 09 FG F6.
    my tuner and i are trying to figure it out and all i can think of is to get the wastegate hole ported and upgrade to a 12psi turbosmart acutator.
    iv only done a plazmaman intake pipe and 5inch highflow cat to the thing and its throwing the code flat out.
    i appreciate any help greatly
    Adrian

[email protected]
    Last edited by gmhkla; 11-24-2012 at 10:27 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    The code can't be calibrated like it can with SCT. You will need to calibrate the over/under boost threshold and desired boost table. You tuning in closed loop boost control?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Kosij View Post
    2nd to 3rd gear surge has happened from all 3 different tuners I have been to!

But not it's worse, every gear change and take off!
    Could be a number of things. Do you think it's tune related?

Potential Tuner
    IH8TOADS: I'm not sure if it's being tuned in closed loop will find out tomorrow when I got back to the workshop.
    Should it be tuned in closed or open loop?
    09 FG F6 Auto, Plazmaman 4inch intake pipe, 5inch high flow cat, Herrod Intercooler pipes, 319.7rwkw

Potential Tuner
    Yes it is being tuned in closed loop
    09 FG F6 Auto, Plazmaman 4inch intake pipe, 5inch high flow cat, Herrod Intercooler pipes, 319.7rwkw

Advanced Tuner
    Tune it in open loop....that way you can easily determine your mechanical ability to control boost.

Potential Tuner
    so had the car tuned again today, improvement in performance again but no go in fixing the issue with the DTC
    this guy has tuned HEAPS of BAs BFs n FG turbos and my car is the only one hes had this issue with. it even had the issue with the SCT tuner.

to make the problem even more confusing as soon as the out side air temp drops below 20degrees is when it starts boost cutting and throwing this dtc, when ever its over 20degrees out side I can thrash the sh*t out of it non stop and it wont fricken do it!!
    im convinced its a mechanical issue with either the IAT sensor, Wastegate actuator or the Wastegate solenoid.