Page 21 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: Ford tuning in AUS

Advanced Tuner
    I sent an email to joel, still havent got a reply

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by IH8TOADS View Post
    Tune in open loop to start with if you don't know the engineering behind the PI system. Also if you don't modify the 4sp tables correctly then you will kill the auto pretty quickly. Don't mean to scare ya, just want you to be aware. Cheers
    Yeah I know how the PI system works. I guess I will have to spend more time on the Wastegate DC table and get it closer first. I have gotten it closer since and am up to 304rwkw ATM at 14psi. Just fitted a 12lb actuator too. I Will get a new higher flowing intercooler and see if I can get the intake temps down as well. Not sure what power I should be able to make through the auto at 15 psi?

Potential Tuner
    Hey guys,

Just got my hp tuners setup today to tune my 2012 GS Falcon. All I did was turn up the boost a bit and wow, what a machine these cars are.

I did notice the definition seems wrong in a few places, such as it says waste gate not fitted and a few other problem area's. When I go into Engine diag it says Flash data request exceeds bounds. Offset 4000205. Im guessing they use the 2010 definition for the 2012 model and there are a few small differences changing some offsets.

Cheers

can you post your stock file?

Potential Tuner
    Stock FG GS MKII

hmm i get the same error and my beta version is pretty new.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by andyt12 View Post
    Hey guys,

Just got my hp tuners setup today to tune my 2012 GS Falcon. All I did was turn up the boost a bit and wow, what a machine these cars are.

I did notice the definition seems wrong in a few places, such as it says waste gate not fitted and a few other problem area's. When I go into Engine diag it says Flash data request exceeds bounds. Offset 4000205. Im guessing they use the 2010 definition for the 2012 model and there are a few small differences changing some offsets.

Cheers
    Email support with issues like this please.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Email support with issues like this please.
    I plan to do so. I just want to take the time and check it properly for errors in the definition.

Cheers

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Ok, we fixed the wastegate switch in HAEJ2 and will work through all the ford aust. defs to correct as necessary over the next few days. Hopefully have the DTC form fixed for you towards the end of the week.

Advanced Tuner
    I am a newby at tuning the Ford FG turbo with the HPTuner but an oldy at tuning with aftermarket ECUS.
    I have an FG G6et with a SCT tune. I downloaded the modified SCT tune OK and can read no problem with HPTuner.
    Tonight I returned the car to the stock tune via the SCT so I could read the stock tune with the HpTuner. It came up with a "flash checksum validation failed" and alerted that " ïf this vehicle has been previously tuned, it is possible the checksum was not set properly and may be corrupted". I could not read the tune but it allowed me to save something.

So I am wondering what is the best place to start off with.
    1. Unmarry the SCT and download the tuned SCT file I downloaded and saved in HPtuner previously straight into the car. Will this download fine or could there be issues using this as a base tune.
    2. Put stock injectors in the car and get the car reflashed at Ford and use the ford factory stock tune as a base
    3. Find a virgin FG turbo tune and download this as a base (then what about VIN).

I just need to make sure I dont do something that leaves me unable to remarry the SCT tune to the car regardless of what HPTunes I download. I take it if I download a Hptune the SCT box will download it and consider it a stock tune?????

BTW if anyone has a virgin FG turbo stock tune could you download it as I would like to do a compare with my modified tune.
    Last edited by turbotrana; 08-24-2012 at 08:46 AM.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by turbotrana View Post
    I am a newby at tuning the Ford FG turbo with the HPTuner but an oldy at tuning with aftermarket ECUS.
    I have an FG G6et with a SCT tune. I downloaded the modified SCT tune OK and can read no problem with HPTuner.
    Tonight I returned the car to the stock tune via the SCT so I could read the stock tune with the HpTuner. It came up with a "flash checksum validation failed" and alerted that " ïf this vehicle has been previously tuned, it is possible the checksum was not set properly and may be corrupted". I could not read the tune but it allowed me to save something.

So I am wondering what is the best place to start off with.
    1. Unmarry the SCT and download the tuned SCT file I downloaded and saved in HPtuner previously straight into the car. Will this download fine or could there be issues using this as a base tune.
    2. Put stock injectors in the car and get the car reflashed at Ford and use the ford factory stock tune as a base
    3. Find a virgin FG turbo tune and download this as a base (then what about VIN).

I just need to make sure I dont do something that leaves me unable to remarry the SCT tune to the car regardless of what HPTunes I download. I take it if I download a Hptune the SCT box will download it and consider it a stock tune?????

BTW if anyone has a virgin FG turbo stock tune could you download it as I would like to do a compare with my modified tune.
    Just uploaded a 2010fg xr6t std tune file Turbotrana in the repository but has to be validated by hp first before you can download it.

Just attach it to your post - no wait then!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by JVK View Post
    Just uploaded a 2010fg xr6t std tune file Turbotrana in the repository but has to be validated by hp first before you can download it.
    approved.

Tuner
    That didnt take long.
    Thanks Bill

Advanced Tuner
    My Throttle position sits at 14% at idle on my FG Ford Turbo. Is there a way to reset this???

Ok who has a sure fire way or even a better way of getting a ford to take a flash. I have a 04 ba xr8 I have switched everything off hooked up a second battery with a trickle charger and it won't take a flash. It mostly times out at the ignition cycle stage or it fails at writing of the VCM high speed seems to make no difference. I have a version 1 tune in it that can not be given back to the customer the way it is and I can't even get it to take the stock tune back again. I have tried skipping the ignition cycle and leaving it longer then 3 seconds with no result. I have been trying to flash this car for over an hour now. I have had this issue with other cars but got it to work after some trying about the longest has been 20 minutes. I'm about over using this software on fords if this is what can be expected of it. I'm pulling my hair out any help is appreciated.

Advanced Tuner
    what software version are you one? Is your laptop set to performance mode in the battery settings?
    04 Velocity MKII M6 & 06 BF F6 555 ZF6

It just started working not sure what was the hold up but once it worked again it hardly failed for the rest of the tune. Laptop was not in power saving mode. Not sure what version the software is.

Advanced Tuner
    I am using HPTuners.

I just tried to flash a 09 FG F6 stock tune (I did adjust injector parameters and some minor other stuff) into my 09 FG G6ET. It flashed in and the car started fine but the dash went crazy with DSC/ABS and a few other things flashing up on the centre screen of the dash.

THe error codes it showed up were U0100 Lost communication with ECM/PCM and U0301 Software Incompatible with ECM/PCM. Engine ran beautiful in the low RPM but would not change out of first gear.

The Operating system for my G6eT is HAEDJG4
    The Operating system for the F6 is HAEDJR5 (I got it from the HpTuner repository)

I was thinking that since they were from the same year there might be a chance of compatibility

I dont have a virgin factory tune for my car but want to start tuning with a virgin tune.

What are my options. Do I need to find a virgin tune with the HAEDJG4 operating system code. If so has anyone got one they can send me.

Advanced Tuner
    I can sort you out with a standard ford calibration, but it aint cheap. The Bosch flasher I have allows me to download the latest calibration from ford but there are license fee's associated with it.
    04 Velocity MKII M6 & 06 BF F6 555 ZF6