Page 20 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: Ford tuning in AUS

Advanced Tuner
    Welcome!! Mate have you got a log file of a wot run to post up? Im new too so i know sweet eff all, but the other boys on here are pretty switched on, just not very active lately on the forum haha.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks mate! I do have log file of the both the base tune and the one where i lowered the timing. Being a BA though i cant log TPS and i dont have a wideband hooked up at the moment (Im waiting on my LM2 to be delivered).

I didnt do a very good log of WOT on the base run (about 12min 20sec in), eased into the throttle and then went WOT at 3500rpm

The revised timing log has a few WOT bursts (check at about 8min 20 seconds in).

Tuner in Training

Question BA f6

HI All,

I have installed bigger cams in a ford turbo BA F6, and I think I'm suffering a bit from increased overlap, without a free flowing exhaust manifold.
    My question is how do I keep the advance the exhaust cam while introducing some retard on the the inlet cam?

Cheers,
    Chris.

Advanced Tuner
    what problems have you got??

ive got atomic stage 4 cams working well in heaps of street cars with no problems and 500rwkw pretty easy with stock exhaust manifolds..

Advanced Tuner
    ^What are your thoughts on those, are stage 4 cams even worth it for a street car? Im still running unopenned engine with 511rwhp. Building a bottom end at the moment and all i have planned for the top end is valvesprings. Ive bought atomic 698 rods and their cosworth pistons but its pretty much useless on the street as it is. My original tuner hasnt played with the cam tables either and its something i would like to play with soon, any advice would be greatly appreciated. Im not so much after any more midrange but a little more uptop for the drags wouldnt hurt

Tuner in Training

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by VYSSLS1 View Post
    what problems have you got??
    The idle is very good, but after sitting at the lights for a while, sometimes it chucks a limp mode. I haven't got it to do this while logging but i'm pretty sure it is getting the fuel trims off to full rich.

cruising economy is very good. But seems to produce less torque in the midrange, and about the same top power.
    Supporting mods are good. battery re-location (and intake), big intercooler, fuel pump, 60lb injectors, 3.5" exhaust, atomic long engine. plazmaman intake.(and brakes).
    Thanks for the reply, any tips are appreciated.

Cheers.

Tuner in Training
    Hey Dale,

I remember reading back in this thread that you did a tune on a Vortech BA 6. When you tuned it did you modify the Load with failed Maf table?

Cheers

Tuner

Standard tune

Can anyone help I have a 2008 FG xr6t, downloaded the tune it is modified the operating system is HAEDAR8, VCM suite now cover this operating system in their latest beta release can anyone help with a copy of a standard tune ?
    Thanks

Advanced Tuner
    Mate have you tried the vcm suite australia website? They have a stock file you can use a comparison, but instead of saving it and costing you a license slot, you can open your modded file, save as and call it stock file, close your modded file and open the one you called stock, then open the one from the website as a compare file and copy over all the differences. It may not be 100% same as the one from your car but it should be really close to what your stock one was. Hopefully this helps

Tuner in Training
    Hey guys, this is my first attempt at tuning a Falcon I have only ever used Adaptronic and NisTune before.

Put my 03 XRT 4spd on the rollers yesterday and I only managed 291RWKW @ 11psi as my 15psi tune was not successful due to a stock actuator. I have a 12lb actuator on the way, should be here next week. I'm contemplating switching from CL boost control to OL or aftermarket EBC.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 45T-XR View Post
    Mate have you tried the vcm suite australia website? They have a stock file you can use a comparison, but instead of saving it and costing you a license slot, you can open your modded file, save as and call it stock file, close your modded file and open the one you called stock, then open the one from the website as a compare file and copy over all the differences. It may not be 100% same as the one from your car but it should be really close to what your stock one was. Hopefully this helps
    Thanks for the reply, I am aware of what you have said. However without the same operating system the ones I have already compared vary a fair bit when compared to my existing tune file even in areas that would not be normally changed, having the standard tune/operating system will give a better picture.

Thanks for your response, hopefully some one out there has a copy of this tune/operating system
    Last edited by NFJ; 07-01-2012 at 05:52 PM. Reason: addition

Advanced Tuner
    No worries mate, hopefully you get hold of one. Are you not the first person to tune it?

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 45T-XR View Post
    No worries mate, hopefully you get hold of one. Are you not the first person to tune it?
    No when I bought it, it had been tuned and the seller said he did not know who tuned it.

I have already made some minor changes to the tune that I was not happy with after downloading the tune and having a look, however before I can do any more I will need to log it and VCM Suite does not log knock.
    Last edited by NFJ; 07-04-2012 at 06:58 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Hi,

Newbie question sorry. I have gone cross eyed searching but failed.

Does anyone have base factory unmodified tunes of a BA i6 auto for petrol and factory LPG available? That is unblown also..

I want to look at them using the demo version.

I am also trying to evaluate versus SCT.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by NFJ View Post
    No when I bought it, it had been tuned and the seller said he did not know who tuned it.

I have already made some minor changes to the tune that I was not happy with after downloading the tune and having a look, however before I can do any more I will need to log it and VCM Suite does not log knock.
    Most of us still use SCT to datalog as hp is still lacking. I use a Knock Box from Smiths racing service also

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    Hey guys, this is my first attempt at tuning a Falcon I have only ever used Adaptronic and NisTune before.

Put my 03 XRT 4spd on the rollers yesterday and I only managed 291RWKW @ 11psi as my 15psi tune was not successful due to a stock actuator. I have a 12lb actuator on the way, should be here next week. I'm contemplating switching from CL boost control to OL or aftermarket EBC.

Anyone got any suggestions?
    Tune in open loop to start with if you don't know the engineering behind the PI system. Also if you don't modify the 4sp tables correctly then you will kill the auto pretty quickly. Don't mean to scare ya, just want you to be aware. Cheers

Tuner in Training
    Does anyone know of any guide or booklet for a beginner that is made for the falcons? Or is the VCM training program in Knoxfield the only option for now?

Been reading up for a while and really keen to learn more.

Advanced Tuner
    trail and/or (hopefully not) error!
    04 Velocity MKII M6 & 06 BF F6 555 ZF6

Advanced Tuner
    Nfs to be honest the vcm suite course isnt any good for fords. All they tell you is what to max out and what to disable. If i couldnt have claimed it as a tax detuction i would have been seriously pissed! I just got an email from vcm saying they have another course coming up but it same content ford wise. It teaches you how ro play with holdens though. Maybe it would be worth while getting in contact with them to see how many people would be required to run a dedicated ford course with a ford on the dyno.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the help guys, I guess i'll just keep reading and learning then!

45T-XR i'll run it by them and see what they say, i'm guessing they'll want some confirmed numbers before they organise something like this, i'd attend a dedicated Ford workshop for sure.