Page 16 of 44 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: Ford tuning in AUS

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by lukearmstrong View Post
    I know few people seeing massive gains with exhaust and tune only, SCT tune though... Up to 350rwkw
    There's really no magic easy button that I'm aware of, if there is on these applications I'd like to know where it is...
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    ive got the GT base file if anyone wants it.. i sucked it out of the press car before they were even released

Potential Tuner
    i have a gs myself i had 30 min on the dyno today to have a quick look at it just turned off torque management and put in 2 psi it went from 260rwkw to 314 gonna have a good go at it in a few days would like to see that gt tune to see what the differences are ill post my gs file tomorrow

Advanced Tuner
    put the gt tune straight in it and watch the power come..

if you dont have the latest beta you wont be able to read this

Potential Tuner
    here is the gs. i put the gt one in and come up with ETC error P2110 Throttle Actuator Control System-Forced Limited RPM
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    you will have to change all the tables etc..

Potential Tuner
    I changed it all and it still comes up with that code so I just put in the boost map in and boost drops form 7 psi at 3000rpm to 3.5 from 4000 to 6200 so gs must be a bit different to the gt

Advanced Tuner
    the motors are identical. you must be missing some things

Potential Tuner
    i think the boost drop must be in the adjument of the bypass actuator

Advanced Tuner
    None of the axis are different for any of the tables?

between different tunes I've had this before & hp tuners didn't like it & when it tried changing this when you copy all in compare it fudge up some of the transfers!

Advanced Tuner
    the bypass is electronically controlled by the desired boost table..

Potential Tuner
    Yes I know but if you put in the boost maps of the gt it only goes to 3-4 psi and I had a look and they have a adjustment on the bypass

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by mattdandy View Post
    here is the gs. i put the gt one in and come up with ETC error P2110 Throttle Actuator Control System-Forced Limited RPM
    I've compared the differences between the new gs and gt files and in hp tuners there is 4 differences between the tunes and in sct there is 8. It could be one of those missing tables which is causing the ETC code to appear.

Potential Tuner

ba xr6

Hi guys just finished tunning a ba xr6 turbo 6speed manual, it has a nizpro inlet manifold ,nizpro upgraded cooler, siemmens injectors, custom extractors and a nizpro made t04z turbo with an external gate, im running 23 psi ,now the power graph up top is very jagged its not a clean power curve, but having the window open on a power run the car sounds clean as, now the other problems are it losses power if u give it back to back runs ,and some times on its first power run it will only make around 320 to 330kw then if u wait five 5 mins it will make 370 to 380kw, took it for a spin and it frys the tyres but then its like ur takin ur foot off the accelartor and then punchin it again ,its like torque manangment comes in when it starts to spin the tyres

any suggestions guys would be great

Advanced Tuner
    can you post up a copy of the tune?

oh and 23psi is a lot of boost too be making 380rwkw with a t04z and manifold
    04 Velocity MKII M6 & 06 BF F6 555 ZF6

Advanced Tuner
    It may seem like a silly questions with the mods you have posted....BUT Are the valve springs stock?

Turn the knock sensing off (and not just for dyno runs) - zero retard and recovery. Don't even bother with the gains as the set-up is simply too 'noisy'.

Turn torque management off with the T56.

Advanced Tuner
    thats heaps of boost.. usually do 380rwkw on a t04z with 15-16psi

Potential Tuner
    Anyone tuned a bf or fg with cams 230@50

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by VYSSLS1 View Post
    i would just power it off the dyno but im not going to pay $1400+ for it..
    i suppose it depends on what your customers engines are worth.... i use mine on every car bar the basic hptuners stuff on holdens, 2 cars a day (small tuning only shop) on average @ $650 -950 a tune does not take long to pay it self off 1000 times over.

I also have a knock box (designed for the bathurst GTR's) and it is also a great piece of kit... i have a phormula one also but never really liked it.

as for the power issue i just made a cigarette lighter adapter.
    Last edited by STATUS; 07-09-2011 at 05:27 AM.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    In theory this sounds good however, unless you have the year/model license for that year model you will not be able to bring up the flash window by entering in the vin(I just tested on an 03' file that was sent in)

A tunershop with the year/model license MIGHT be able to do what you are saying but without the year/model license its not feasible.

I say might because I not sure how the software will react to seeing no vin number in the pcm(I didn't write the code) so when it goes to write this file with a valid vin number to a pcm that still is without a valid vin number I'm not sure what it'll do(might throw an invalid vin/os error message at that point even with the unlimited license).
    Is there a way around this? I bought the software to tune my '04 BA, and now it seems its pretty much useless to me.