Page 14 of 44 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Ford tuning in AUS

Advanced Tuner
    it is a ZF, he just hasnt got the launch sorted out yet.. he will get there! it will run 130mph once he gets it off the line..

Tuner
    will b in 10s for sure with a low 1.7something 60, best of luck
    06 F6 typhoon, DEKA 60lb, walbro intank, 12psi actuator, 36mm ported internal gate, dump, cat, plazmaman 1100hp cooler and plenum kit... 348RWKW....(SOLD) SAVE FUEL TUNE LEAN AND REMEMBER PING IS POWER!!!*********MASSIVE THANKS TO ROB @ MONSTA TORQUE*******

Advanced Tuner
    E85 is good stuff, it's just a PITA for us WA guys atm. I anticipate it will become very popular soon. I've been using blends in my bunky BA turbo and it will be depressing if I have to go back to straight 98!

Advanced Tuner
    yep have to get it in drums... we are lucky there is a servo half hour drive away and 99c a litre!

Quote Originally Posted by VYSSLS1 View Post
    yep have to get it in drums... we are lucky there is a servo half hour drive away and 99c a litre!
    Dale seeing as we cant tune the 6spd auto's in these how good are they? im looking at getting an fg xr6t ute and only doing basics like exh and tune and such as i dont want to bother with clutch's or built box's, will they handle a low to mid 300rwkw easily and safley or am i better off with a manual.
    Give it a go yourself first, if it doesnt work out then pay someone.

Advanced Tuner
    over 400rwkw dosent seem to bother them..

Tuner in Training
    Tuning a Ba 3 valve with T trim with S trim and 7 psi we got 300rwkw, A meth kit is now installed along with the T trim and 13 psi we are hoping for a decent gain.

cheers

Potential Tuner
    got issues with decel on a 2007 f6 auto ute, put 42lb bosch injectors in it, running all good. just wont turn injectors off on decel? any hints on what ive missed?

Quote Originally Posted by kon308 View Post
    got issues with decel on a 2007 f6 auto ute, put 42lb bosch injectors in it, running all good. just wont turn injectors off on decel? any hints on what ive missed?

your sure the deceleration fuel cut off is enabled correct?
    Roadracing Crew Chief - World Superbike, British Superbike, Moto America.

Advanced Tuner
    Can be a number of things kon. I've got a heap of data logs on fuel decel and injector scaling plays a fair part. Example, with 'generic' style injector scaling the Nizpro's 72lb go lean on decel and deka 60's go fat on decel.

Hi,
    I'm trying to read a BA '04 XR8 Eng. no FVPXXXXXX,
    I'm requested for a VIN No, when it it is entered requested, turn off wait 3 sec turn on.
    No joy,

Any suggestions? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cizin View Post
    Hi,
    I'm trying to read a BA '04 XR8 Eng. no FVPXXXXXX,
    I'm requested for a VIN No, when it it is entered requested, turn off wait 3 sec turn on.
    No joy,

Any suggestions? Thanks

what part of aus are you in?
    Roadracing Crew Chief - World Superbike, British Superbike, Moto America.

I'm in Sydney.
    Had no problem with GM cars and I work with Halteck and MoTec on a regulsr basis.

I gather that Fords can be..... Thinking SCT might be a better choice?
    Last edited by Cizin; 12-11-2010 at 05:09 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    did you actually type the vin number in?

i brought SCT a few months back and my work load with fords has pretty much doubled.. i still use HPT on BA's and BF's but FG's only get SCT now

Been thinking of doing the same. So much more in them.

Quote Originally Posted by VYSSLS1 View Post
    did you actually type the vin number in?

i brought SCT a few months back and my work load with fords has pretty much doubled.. i still use HPT on BA's and BF's but FG's only get SCT now
    Yes entered vin, no effect,

Whats the best place to purchase SCT (AdvantageIII ?) what should I expect to pay
    I find the sites I've looked at a bit confusing.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by F6R View Post
    Been thinking of doing the same. So much more in them.
    i dont know why but i copied the fuel and spark numbers from our own FG XR6T from HPT to SCT and the car made another 50rwkw at 6000rpm.. only a few KW at peak power tho,

i cant for the life of me work out what was different so i started from the stock file and went again and no matter what i did i couldnt get the power up there..

then again i have a BA here that i tuned in 09 making 270rwkw back then, he went off to another self proclaimed ford expert got sold a xcal 3 and 3 custom tunes this and that,
    i ran it up this morning with the mad custom tune and it made 248rwkw and really drives like shit...

Tuner
    Do u tune FGs in open or closed loop Dale?
    06 F6 typhoon, DEKA 60lb, walbro intank, 12psi actuator, 36mm ported internal gate, dump, cat, plazmaman 1100hp cooler and plenum kit... 348RWKW....(SOLD) SAVE FUEL TUNE LEAN AND REMEMBER PING IS POWER!!!*********MASSIVE THANKS TO ROB @ MONSTA TORQUE*******

Advanced Tuner
    boost you talking about?

Advanced Tuner
    My guess is he's talking about boost, as it's a very interesting question!

It's a lot easier to tune boost to open loop but feels more responsive in closed loop boost control!

On another note were you logging spark & the like with the 60rwKW difference in the sct to hpt as it seems very weird & interesting!
    Last edited by Grant LS1; 12-15-2010 at 03:26 AM. Reason: another question for dale