Page 13 of 44 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Ford tuning in AUS

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by lukearmstrong View Post
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29259

plus better data logging capabilities, i am only refering to aussie fords, in particular the 6 turbo's
    "far more advanced" in that they aren't having the reflash issues, I get it, we'll try and fix it.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Hi Bill,
    Is it possible to support additional logging values in some of the newer fords , when I look in Ford Australian Generic 2003 more values are present than in 2007, I understand not all PIDs are supported in each model. Is it possible to have some measure of knock that can be logged, injector pulse width or time, waste gate duty cycle. Is it possible to have the table for Driver Demand Throttle Angle Filter (I only know what is called in snipper), also the tables that shows the effect of spark and lambda on torque.

Advanced Tuner
    +1 for some sort of knock logging, Wastegate duty cycle and Inj PW
    04 Velocity MKII M6 & 06 BF F6 555 ZF6

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy View Post
    Hi Bill,
    Is it possible to support additional logging values in some of the newer fords , when I look in Ford Australian Generic 2003 more values are present than in 2007, I understand not all PIDs are supported in each model. Is it possible to have some measure of knock that can be logged, injector pulse width or time, waste gate duty cycle. Is it possible to have the table for Driver Demand Throttle Angle Filter (I only know what is called in snipper), also the tables that shows the effect of spark and lambda on torque.
    pretty please..... this would be awesome, give and edge over SCT and also some form of cam shaft position logging????
    06 F6 typhoon, DEKA 60lb, walbro intank, 12psi actuator, 36mm ported internal gate, dump, cat, plazmaman 1100hp cooler and plenum kit... 348RWKW....(SOLD) SAVE FUEL TUNE LEAN AND REMEMBER PING IS POWER!!!*********MASSIVE THANKS TO ROB @ MONSTA TORQUE*******

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    In what respect? I personally haven't seen any poor feedback regarding them but if there is something ie tables, etc. that we are missing that would put us over the top I'd like to hear it as we don't like to be #2

Solenoid 5 temperature compensation, have asked your aussie agents and they said it was needed

Tuner in Training
    Hi there,
    is it possible to disable Limp Strategies for a BAX6T 4 speed auto.

PLUS 2 for knock anything in there.

VE table would be nice........

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by F6R View Post
    PLUS 2 for knock anything in there.

VE table would be nice........
    Ford don't have a VE table

Potential Tuner
    This may be helpful to some.

Anyone who gets the vin/os pair mismatch on a ba because there is no VIN number in the pcm all you have to do is this.

*Click on calibration details, you will find the VIN number will be 'yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy' Click in the box and change it to the vehicle's correct VIN.

*Click on flash, 'Write Entire' Then at some stage you will have to license the VIN then job done, the pcm will now have the correct VIN and it will be licensed.

After talking to the hp support team and 3 trips to Ford, no one could tell me this. Luckily searching these forums i found out what to do from some of the experienced forum members posts like from 'Frost'.

So the forum got me out of trouble so i thought i'd return the favour for anyone else who gets stuck with the same problem by posting this up.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by RLF View Post
    This may be helpful to some.

Anyone who gets the vin/os pair mismatch on a ba because there is no VIN number in the pcm all you have to do is this.

*Click on calibration details, you will find the VIN number will be 'yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy' Click in the box and change it to the vehicle's correct VIN.

*Click on flash, 'Write Entire' Then at some stage you will have to license the VIN then job done, the pcm will now have the correct VIN and it will be licensed.

After talking to the hp support team and 3 trips to Ford, no one could tell me this. Luckily searching these forums i found out what to do from some of the experienced forum members posts like from 'Frost'.

So the forum got me out of trouble so i thought i'd return the favour for anyone else who gets stuck with the same problem by posting this up.
    In theory this sounds good however, unless you have the year/model license for that year model you will not be able to bring up the flash window by entering in the vin(I just tested on an 03' file that was sent in)

A tunershop with the year/model license MIGHT be able to do what you are saying but without the year/model license its not feasible.

I say might because I not sure how the software will react to seeing no vin number in the pcm(I didn't write the code) so when it goes to write this file with a valid vin number to a pcm that still is without a valid vin number I'm not sure what it'll do(might throw an invalid vin/os error message at that point even with the unlimited license).
    Last edited by Bill@HPTuners; 08-13-2010 at 05:10 PM.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    So because my VCM software is licensed to 2003 i could have only done it to 03 model's like mine?

After i did it i didn't get the 'invalid vin/os pair' error as the os was already in the pcm, and i entered the actual vehicle's vin which should no doubt match. And by doing a 'write entire' your erasing the original vin number details anyway so shouldn't matter what was in there if nothing to begin with.

Advanced Tuner
    been doing a few fords laitly on E85...

one was a BA XR8 with 12.5:1 comp which some engine builder thought was a top idea for a street car... the gain 35rwkw..

FG XR6t, upgraded turbo, intercooler, exhaust etc

gain 38rwkw with only 1psi more boost

Advanced Tuner
    had the first car back today after they made a few intake changes and netted 289rwkw...

Tuner
    did u add about 8 degres for E85 mate??? what sort of torque does the FG make, i assume its a F6 spec turbo 35/40?
    06 F6 typhoon, DEKA 60lb, walbro intank, 12psi actuator, 36mm ported internal gate, dump, cat, plazmaman 1100hp cooler and plenum kit... 348RWKW....(SOLD) SAVE FUEL TUNE LEAN AND REMEMBER PING IS POWER!!!*********MASSIVE THANKS TO ROB @ MONSTA TORQUE*******

Advanced Tuner
    around that, maybe a little more,

dont know on the torque, my tacho adaptor is not working at the moment... the turbo is slightly bigger than the F6 turbo and has a .70 comp cover

Tuner
    do you have the 66mm wheel as well. if so, how does it go with the 8.9:1 comp??? through a mate ive found the less boost with more timing makes more power, say 16 psi and as much timing as itll take, where as lots of boost like 19psi and less timing makes more torque, and quicker quarter times, and fries tyres much easier, have you played around with this at all?

Advanced Tuner
    66mm wheel is fine,

more boost will always make more

Tuner
    Should b a quarter weapon with e85 and 22 psi!!! Good luck mate glad to hear ur success

Advanced Tuner
    it ran 127mph on 17psi and a bad pass last night then smashed the tail shaft on the next... oh well get it fixed and go back again

Tuner
    ive seen zf backed f6's go 10's at that mph.... i assume urs is manual???? unlucky with the tailshaft.... but i love ur attitude ahaha