Page 12 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Ford tuning in AUS

Advanced Tuner
    Again, have to say I'm no expert...
    But I was warned about the 1227 & I have just in engine dtc's flagged that as no.3 no error reported, not sure if it works yet!
    & with 0701, this is only in the later bin file's so I have no idea but it can just be masked as no error reported also!

Again, I'm not positive on any of this as I'm just learning too! so at own risk!

Advanced Tuner
    Disable 1227 if you're using open loop boost control, recalibrate it for closed loop if you can in HPT.

Potential Tuner
    wondering if anyone could shed some light on my situation i have a 2003 xr6t manual a process west race plenum kit on it, 4i n dump high flow cat twin 2.5 from cat back, ive had a little bit of a play with it using hp tuners but even with the standard tune on it its suffering from overboost i have a 12 pound actuator for it but havent installed it yet would that solve/help

it flags this code when it hits overboost

P2105 - Throttle Control Actuator System: forced engine shutdown,
    If the engine RPM cannot be controlled to set limits by shutting down of the cylinders, the engine is shutdown to protect the driver.
    If guard mode is initiated by a sensor failure, the accompanying logged DTC's will indicate the reason for guard mode initiation. The fault can be diagnosed as specified in the workshop manual. If the above DTC's are logged without any accompanying DTC's, this may indicate there has been a 'power greater than demand' incidence. To generate more power the engine either requires more fuel and air, or a force (load) acting on the vehicle to accelerate the engine speed. Follow the steps specified in the Service Action over the page to help identify the potential issue."

Tuner
    post tune buddy
    06 F6 typhoon, DEKA 60lb, walbro intank, 12psi actuator, 36mm ported internal gate, dump, cat, plazmaman 1100hp cooler and plenum kit... 348RWKW....(SOLD) SAVE FUEL TUNE LEAN AND REMEMBER PING IS POWER!!!*********MASSIVE THANKS TO ROB @ MONSTA TORQUE*******

Potential Tuner
    here you go thanks

Tuner
    go into Engine> torque managment and under general disable the torque module switch and see how you go,

are you getting big boost spike with you stock actuator and stock gate?

if not, dont be scared to push your boost to up around 10 psi should hold with your stock injectors...
    06 F6 typhoon, DEKA 60lb, walbro intank, 12psi actuator, 36mm ported internal gate, dump, cat, plazmaman 1100hp cooler and plenum kit... 348RWKW....(SOLD) SAVE FUEL TUNE LEAN AND REMEMBER PING IS POWER!!!*********MASSIVE THANKS TO ROB @ MONSTA TORQUE*******

Potential Tuner
    thanks heaps ill give it a shot and let ya know
    03 xr6t , process west race plunum kit, 4in dump, high flow cat, twin 2 1/2 cat back, 265rwkw

Potential Tuner
    its doing the samething as before but at highy revs after that, havent had a look at a boost gauge yet to see what the story is. its logged the same code i cant seem to clear it vcm or with a few different scan tools. if the spark plugs arent gapped probally does it feel similar to toruqe managment ??
    03 xr6t , process west race plunum kit, 4in dump, high flow cat, twin 2 1/2 cat back, 265rwkw

Potential Tuner
    try changing your desired boost up to 10psi because the bigger exhaust is causing more boost and its probably going outside the factory parameters. also adjust your overboost threshold to allow for more fluctuation. look back to page 11 i think where 'IH8TOADS' posted a few good mods you should try.also disable your cat temp control. try that for a start. you wont be able to clear the code because it is will just re appear until you rectify the problem. if plugs arent gapped it will usually only affect higher boost and higher rpm causing misfire

Potential Tuner
    I've tried licensing my 03 xr6t but found out through Bill that theres no VIN programmed to the ECM so i get the vin/os pair mismatch error.

Now i have a mate with an 03 xr6t with valid VIN/ os pair, is there a way of changing my VIN to his so i can license my car?

I have the pro version and my mate at Ford cant do anything to my ecm untill next week, any ideas to fast track me?

Advanced Tuner
    This may sound stupid but if there's no vin programmed in pcm what if you type no vin number in when it ask's for it & then it can't mis-match?

On another note has anyone had any luck logging with an 03 BA in tps %, I have a reasonable config file & it works with a log from someone on this thread of an 05 BA xr6t(perfectly, but on the 2003 it only shows all data in the first line=0 to 10%).

Anyone else had any luck?

Potential Tuner
    Saw my mate at Ford and now to my knowledge theres no way around my problem without changing the pcm.
    02 and early 03 ba's have no VIN in there PCM so i need a later one.
    He does have a spare pcm, not sure if its turbo but going to try it with the new VIN, get it licensed then dump another licensed turbo tune into it to get my car running.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant LS1 View Post

On another note has anyone had any luck logging with an 03 BA in tps %, I have a reasonable config file & it works with a log from someone on this thread of an 05 BA xr6t(perfectly, but on the 2003 it only shows all data in the first line=0 to 10%).

Anyone else had any luck?
    I have an 03 XR6T also - TPS% logging does not work on it either - in fact there are many useful parameters I would like to log that I cannot - they either log with no value or come up as 'unsupported parameter'.

Tuner
    ill get flat out flamed for this but SCT is far more advanced with turbo ford tuning

Tuner
    Yes it is but at last check it cost $3100 just for the software then $1500+for fg update + for dodge $2500 and cost $550 per box/car to tune.
    Which when comparing value of the product, Hpt has enough to get the job done and no doubt in time it will eventually have all the extra parameters needed

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by lukearmstrong View Post
    ill get flat out flamed for this but SCT is far more advanced with turbo ford tuning
    In what respect? I personally haven't seen any poor feedback regarding them but if there is something ie tables, etc. that we are missing that would put us over the top I'd like to hear it as we don't like to be #2

It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    biggest problem i have is the waste of time you have when flashing them.. SCT works every time. HPT works 3 out 6 or so.. i would have wasted DAYS trying to flash these bloody cars..

at the moment im seriously considering getting SCT for the fords as HPT has cost me more than $3000 in lost time trying to use it..
    and im also looking at another soultion for Dodge as i cant see dodge being done any time in the near future.. dodge isnt a massive market here is AUS but i already have customers ringing me every week for tunes..

reminds me of the ford release.. HPT said its close then over 2 years later it finally came, i lost enough customers to other shops telling them it will only be a month 10 times.. should have just bit the bullet and brought SCT from the start..

Advanced Tuner
    I'm Still having luck 90% of the time when flashing my own Ford, I've just added 3 interior globes(when I had dash out for heater module fix found 3 sockets & put globes in them), I do it with door open no jumper cables to car of any sort & laptop on batt supply of itself only!

It has confused me a few times as when it finishes it doesn't say complete or anything just everything at 100% & then says retrying, but I take it for granted it's done & yep it starts up sweet & reads same log out!

I have flashed it the last 6 times over the week fine no fails!

Sorry to hear your having problems though!

Advanced Tuner
    as is said in the other thread some cars dont have a problem but some are just down out pains in the ass...

got one BA coming in next week that has been a common problem car.. im already dreading the 7min flash fails now..

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    In what respect? I personally haven't seen any poor feedback regarding them but if there is something ie tables, etc. that we are missing that would put us over the top I'd like to hear it as we don't like to be #2

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29259

plus better data logging capabilities, i am only refering to aussie fords, in particular the 6 turbo's
    Last edited by lukearmstrong; 06-06-2010 at 12:08 AM. Reason: more detial