Page 1 of 44 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Ford tuning in AUS

Advanced Tuner

Ford tuning in AUS

hi guys,

who of the aus members have been cracking into the ford tuning??

ive been doing a bit of it laitly with a few xr8's and gt's coming in this week...

did a XR6T on saturday that made near 40rwkw more than the other so called "custom" tune.. this custom tune was so lean i was very suprised the engine was still in 1 piece.. i wouldnt run a NA car as lean as this was and it had upto 13psi boost in it...

i think lot of the people that have had it so easy for so long with the other software are going to get a shock in the next few months... there have been a lot of people on the aus ford forums and xr6t forums that are putting HPT down a lot but it is pretty easy to see they have the other soultions and are worried there reign is coming to a end!!

all i can say is that the wait was worth it, i almost had to bite the bullet and buy the other software but glad i held out.. Massive thanks to Chris@HPT and Mario and Greg at VCM-suite Aus for getting this sorted and working so well!!

here is the dyno sheet from saturday,

thanks mate, glad its going well for you. A lot of feedback from au has been around the fact that the units are in metric rather than imperial or "dunno what" units.
    I count sheep in hex...

Advanced Tuner
    yep definatly a good thing Chris..
    so far the cars we have done the customers are very happy, 2 of them already selling off the other stuff...

Great work as allways dale, is there any chance of you sharing some tunes for us to look at mate, i dont have a lot of accsess to the number of fords out here compared to the holdens.
    Give it a go yourself first, if it doesnt work out then pay someone.

Advanced Tuner
    i can post some stock tunes for you tim, ill get some up tonight,

just doing a XR8 now... 10rwkw over the top of another so called custom tune

Tuner
    I have managed to do a xr8 5speed with custom twin turbo 312kw @ 8psi(light tune early grenade motor) , BF Xr6t 6speed 42lb injectors cast dump back 3.5system, 12psi wasgate and ported housing, avo cooler kit made 334kw@ 13-14psi. On a learn as i go basis. I have BF Gtp i am fitting vortech to in a 2 weeks. It almost seems to simple, Hpt seems very easy to use but completely different to gm. The effort is a credit to Chris, Greg, Mario and Hpt team. Bill's online support has been great in sorting out issues fast. With a few more scanner features inc away to scan knock it will be good. Even better seeing as though sct are attempting to shaft the customers by making obsolete all there older models is Australia.

Ive just uploaded some stock files that i have ill post some more when when my other laptop gets back from repair.
    Cheers
    Andrew
    Last edited by STATESMAN; 02-09-2009 at 07:02 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    nice work mate

just finished this XR8, 234rwkw... he had a dyno sheet from his previous "custom" tune for 257rwkw... it made 223rwkw on the custom tune..

1 thing that concerns me with these so called custom tunes is how lean they have been running the cars... i ran this one nearlly 1/2 point richer and it wasnt hurting the power...

just need dyno dynamics to fix my tacho adaptor now so the torque reading is right LOL

here is a couple of stock files for you Tim.. that should cover pretty much most of the ford cars

Tuner
    Yep, The generic tunes that run lambda 0.9-0.85 on full boost is asking for trouble. I stop suppling them to my customers as they were lean and 7/10 would ping badly on the turbos.

Advanced Tuner
    this was up around .88 at 14psi...

im on holidays next week then the guy from today has his borther and mate coming in to get rid of there flash boxes

Thanks guys, my current beta version(3 weeks ago) wont open a couple of the files but im hoping to get another update from hpt guys.
    Has anyone tried reading the pcm of an sct moddified tune in 1 of the cars, will the sct moddified adjustments show up on our software when compared to a stock tune file?

Advanced Tuner
    you will need the beta from early this week to open a few of my files..

you can read the SCT tunes... but from the ones i have seen in the last 2 days are not worth reading.. a full custom tune with 4 tables changed....

Potential Tuner chris hollingworth's Avatar
    good to see some fords having the same opportunity those holden boys have got.....will it help....holley
    HOLLEY

Quote Originally Posted by VYSSLS1 View Post
    you will need the beta from early this week to open a few of my files..

you can read the SCT tunes... but from the ones i have seen in the last 2 days are not worth reading.. a full custom tune with 4 tables changed....
    Mostly just interested in learning how these tables work and what they mean, with only having tuned gm stuff these ford tables looked like they were written in chinese but i do have a mate that does the sct/capa flash tuning stuff and he explained some of the basics to me. i still beleive ford have done things half arsed compared to gm with their tables, to me a timing table should have the actual timing figures in it .

Quote Originally Posted by chris hollingworth View Post
    good to see some fords having the same opportunity those holden boys have got.....will it help....holley
    Off topic are you coming down to the summernationals at wsid this weekend chris?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Delft Calais View Post
    Mostly just interested in learning how these tables work and what they mean, with only having tuned gm stuff these ford tables looked like they were written in chinese but i do have a mate that does the sct/capa flash tuning stuff and he explained some of the basics to me. i still beleive ford have done things half arsed compared to gm with their tables, to me a timing table should have the actual timing figures in it .
    yes it is a little stange, but once you get your head around it you will be fine...

took me a couple of cars to sort it out

so after doing a litle more looking thanks to bill, iv come to beleive that there is no actual airflow table(ve) in these so you wont be adjusting the ve table as such but the base fueling table which looks like commanded fueling table, is whats needed to be adjusted to bring fueling into line. Am i on the right direction?

There is a speed density calculation but if you thought the E38 coefficients were complex this one takes the cake!
    I count sheep in hex...

Advanced Tuner
    yeh i had a little play with some of the tables that appeared to change those Chris.. i made a lot of changes and achieved nothing!! LOL

Tuner
    Ive found playing with the fuelbase,fuelbase cold if change injectors,load with failed maf, boarderline knock, MBT spark is a good start, then to mess it all up you can play with the variable cam and manifold tables spark and fuel tables. One thing dont understand is on the i6 they have a maf table with parameters but no maf, Im guessing it must have a bit to do with th SD calc.

Advanced Tuner
    fuel base and borderline knock are the main ones to play with..

have played with the cam tables on the turbo 6 and got around 5-7rwkw in the mid range