Page 18 of 44 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: Ford tuning in AUS

Tuner
    No Luke,they are still the std settings and the car has original tyre rim combo.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 45T-XR View Post
    Cant you adjust the shift pressures/severity? From what I under stood you could, but its highly possible im wrong on that, havent seen it first hand.

360rwkw that is good power, about the same as my ute, and a good time also, I couldnt get that close on stock tyres 12.2@119

Are you aware of what they changed in the box when it was built, modifications to the valve body?
    there is shit loads to adjust, but its probably getting a little off track as you cant do any of it with HPT,

apparently just changed input shaft and new clutches..

Advanced Tuner
    Mine didnt change that much going from 17s to 20s

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by VYSSLS1 View Post
    there is shit loads to adjust, but its probably getting a little off track as you cant do any of it with HPT,

apparently just changed input shaft and new clutches..
    Thats odd, ive never heard of a built version of these boxes being so harsh. Did you play with the box using sct, or try to tone it down?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by JVK View Post
    No Luke,they are still the std settings and the car has original tyre rim combo.
    Check that your revs/km are correct for the tire size and that the NV for rpm/kmh is correct
    04 Velocity MKII M6 & 06 BF F6 555 ZF6

Advanced Tuner
    Has anyone got a stock tune from a BF1 manual super pursuit ute? I have a modded tune from a mates car with twin throttles, full exhaust/intake and herrod camshafts. I would like to compare them

Advanced Tuner
    JVK, I remember when I was adjusting the torque tables my cruise control went like that too!

I'd probably look at the torque reduction tables!

Cheers Grant

Tuner

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by hiddeous View Post
    Check that your revs/km are correct for the tire size and that the NV for rpm/kmh is correct
    I checked that against my std tune and those settings are the same still.

Tuner

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Grant LS1 View Post
    JVK, I remember when I was adjusting the torque tables my cruise control went like that too!

Cheers Grant
    Pretty sure I fiddled in that area earlier on,better go back and recheck.Thanks for that Grant.
    Cheers John

Tuner

Thumbs up

Cheers Grant
    After a quick look back in the torque tables and replacing the figures the cruise control works fine again.
    Thanks again to Luke and Grant for the Help and info.
    Cheers John

Advanced Tuner
    No Worries John, H.T.H. as many have for me!

Cheers Grant

Advanced Tuner
    Has anyone done the Hp tuning course that VCM suite do? Ive got my name on the list for february, I would appreciate any information in regards to ensuring Im prepared or even what I can expect?

Tuner
    What do they charge for the course?

Advanced Tuner
    45T-XR, yeah I did 1 late 2010 & was highly informative, some of it VERY basic, but overall really good, would have loved to have touched on alloytec tuning a bit more though!

JVK, Going from memory only I think it was around $650, but purely from memory I could be way off!

Cheers Grant

Advanced Tuner
    Jvk i got told $1500 for a two day course, but being a mechanic i can claim all expenses on tax. The dates are stillto be comfirmed. A mate of mine who has the walkinshaw franchise is going also.

Thanks grant, i was kinda hoping it would start out simple as i have no experience with efi tuning. Apparantly the first day is on holden nd second day is ford.
    Thanks for th infi guys im keen as mustard. I just flashed my car with hp today, just thae same tune i got done using sct so no changes. Im gonna have a play with a na xr6 and na xr8 next week so should be good. Just taking it slow and learning to use the datalogger.

Tuner
    Yeah thanks Grant @45t-XR to much coin for me atm to think of for a course I think I will keep plotting along as is.Goodluck with it 45T-XR hope you have a ball in feb.

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks mate, will do

Advanced Tuner

Cheers Grant
    Good tip this one... ^ I have been playing with torque reduction for the CC for a while. I have mine setup so it will pull 4 or 5lb's of boost when its set on 110kmh and Im out in the hills. Its nice too not have your cruise kick out when you tonking along and come across a moderate hill.
    04 Velocity MKII M6 & 06 BF F6 555 ZF6

Advanced Tuner
    Lads, any tips on speed density tuning for falcons, Im still tip toe-ing around with my ute, havent made any drastic changes. After conversing with a few blokes im beginning to think this course will be quite "general" with little to no delving into the speed density tuning. Fingers crossed that this isnt the case, Ive read through the tutorial that comes with the software on tuning otherwise stock turbo falcon. It seems to leave alot to be desired and isnt very thorough, I cant put my finger on it but it seems to have been written with the attitude of making the numbers, and dollars. Any thoughts or comments?

Advanced Tuner
    Im aware its going to be quite difficult without a dyno for speed density. I cant get access to a dyno though I quite sure.