Page 19 of 44 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: Ford tuning in AUS

Advanced Tuner
    Airmass per intake stroke = (MAP - offset)/slope

LOAD = ((MAP - offset)/slope)/displacement

This is in the simplest form and does not take into account slope and/or VE correction. The actual algorithm is much more complicated.

If your afr is lean at the same MAP then you need to lower your slope. If your afr is correct at one MAP value and then lean at a higher MAP value then your offset is out.

The offset has a huge effect at low MAP values.

Remember that the airmass calc is used in the load calc so your spark advance will be affected as well as many other things.

Also it is essential that you start with the correct injector scaling, something that can't be done with the nizpro's etc. Most tuners simply 'touch up' the SD tables to smooth the afr's.

A full SD tue is very demanding on the vehicle, not too mention time consuming given the unique slope and offset for each cam angle.

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks for the heads up brendan. My brain is soo violated

Advanced Tuner
    Dates for the course have been confirmed incase anyone is keen, 24-25th march

Potential Tuner
    Gents,
    New to HP Tuners...

Just thought I'd share stock 2003 GT Auto tune (HABNCL7). Did upload to HPT repository however it isnt showing.

Advanced Tuner
    Hi mate, welcome to the forum these guys here are switched on and will welcome you as they did me with bo probs.

Potential Tuner

Tuning without a dyno

Hi All,
    I'm new to the forum and I'm really interested in doing my own tuning. I have a BF MKII GT with the ZF 6 speed auto. I'm just wondering whether you can do your own tuning without using a dyno by just driving on the street or maybe a test and tune day at the Willowbank drags. Thanks for your help. Dean.

Advanced Tuner
    Welcome mate.. Thats how im starting out mate, although it comes with the obvious risks.

Advanced Tuner
    Wheres all the chat lads? Im flying to melbourne this friday for the the hp tuners course at vcm suite in knoxfield if anyones around that area

Tuner
    So how did the training course go ? Is it more orientated to gm or do they cover the Aus ford range in depth ?

Advanced Tuner
    hi JVK, the course was quite good for me, explaining alot about how the software works. It was heavily catered more for GM tuning though with only about 1.5-2hrs dedicated for Ford, the rest was all GM, but to Mario and his staff's credit at any stage during the GM stuff I had a question about relating the two or for and explaination on what items carry over they were more than happy to clarify. And even stayed back after the course had ended to talk to me and go through my tunes. The customer service shown by all VCM suite/Autotechnique staff was second to none. But as you can imagine liability wise the guys arent there to show you how to tune, there focus is on how to to use their product and what each table does. And that was quite good for me. And at $1k price tag for two days, plus all the course material, contacts made and full catering. Well worth it

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by zed01 View Post
    Hi All,
    I'm new to the forum and I'm really interested in doing my own tuning. I have a BF MKII GT with the ZF 6 speed auto. I'm just wondering whether you can do your own tuning without using a dyno by just driving on the street or maybe a test and tune day at the Willowbank drags. Thanks for your help. Dean.
    Welcome Dean,
    Alot of us do our own road tunning. Some of us are nowhere near dyno's or dragstrips. Get yourself a good wideband and spend time with your tunning software especially the scanner to log your runs.
    John

Tuner
    45T-XR glad you had a good time and enjoyed the course and have no doubt of the great customer support given by them to their clients.
    Have you also looked into or have any of Greg Banish's books ?

Advanced Tuner
    Yeah I have his engine management advance tuning book, its quite good. Im fairly confident I know enough to start making progress

Advanced Tuner
    Has anyone been using the united 100 octane? My car is currently tuned for bp98 but Im contemplating doing a tune for the united stuff. Anyway just wanted you get all your guys thoughts and more importantly what stoich values did you use, all i can find so far is ~14.0

Thanks in advance for the feedback lads, im trying to get this old girl to crack the magic 500rwhp and dont really want to push the boost any higher (currently 19psi) and given that my tune seems to only run out about 6degrees advance uptop with only .5 degrees taken out down low from the knock sensors I want to have a play, and maybe take some out down low and add some uptop. Just bought one of those Smiths Racing Service pro tuner knock boxes so will have to give that a run while im at it

Advanced Tuner
    If the fuel has ethanol then pull up a GM calibration and have a look at the stoich table as a start.

Potential Tuner
    Hi all

New to the forum - picked up an new XR6 turbo and am frustrated that I can't get it tuned.

I'm getting it done at Horsepower Automotive, great guys but we've had no luck with the software, waiting on updates. Does anyone know how long it takes for them to be released? The wait is killing me slowly :0

Advanced Tuner
    I can only speak for the last couple on months, I updated 3 times in as many months, I think I was on vers 576 last week, then checked the site today and found a new one, I think it was 580. If you purchased new then it may be a platform that is new to hp, Im not sure how long it normally takes for the guys to get new vehicles added

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for the info, I'll have a word to my tuner and hopefully I won't have to wait too long. He managed to get it to read, but no write - kept on reporting a fault, not sure what it mean and didn't get any details/specifics. All I was told was that the software or ECU reported a fault a d would not left him get further. Have been thinking though, maybe if something is on in the car, eg fan, radio, interior light etc or even a slightly undercharged battery, if that would cause it?

Advanced Tuner
    Possible, but If your tuner is half decent he should know to eliminate and current draws and hook up a constant battery supply

Tuner in Training
    Hey guys, my first post! I purchased HP tuners a few weeks ago to tune my BA XR6 that has a Vortech Supercharger fitted. Previously the car was tuned with SCT however ive been interested in tuning for a while and i decided to finally give it a crack.

The car is a 2003 BA running a Vortech at 12psi. Has 60lb injectors as well.

Ive uploaded my Base Tune which is the SCT tune that i sucked out of the PCM. I was seeing 23 degrees of timing under WOT with this tune and it was pinging on the dyno last time i had it on.

Ive uploaded my new tune too where i have revised the MBT timing table and brought timing down to 12 degrees up top. For load areas under 1 ive used MBT timing from the stock NA map and copied the MBT map to BKT as well.

Seeing as the Vortech increases in Boost with RPM i have gradually decreased timing with RPM.

What i also noticed when comparing the Base tune to an NA XR6 stock tune is that the failed MAF tables are unchanged. Wouldnt these have to be changed now the car is running boost?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks