Thread: What will happen?

What will happen?

I’m looking for an answer or advise just to play it safe. I have some extra credits a buddy of mine would like to buy 2 of them to make some changes to his Grand Prix GTP PCM. The PCM is apparently a ZZP (DHP?) that he got several years ago. I was just wondering if it will work or not. (Not sure if its locked by DHP or not)

I want to avoid a worst case scenario where he pays me for the credits (or refuses to) and I end up with his VIN number in the tuner, but we cannot successfully flash a bin due to any DHP lock. Basically wasted dollars and credits… What will happen, how can I avoid this?

TIA for any help on this.

generally the answer was no for the DHP PCMs as they used to set the calibration ID to 0. Not sure thesedays.

In anycase you can read any PCM without using any credits at all. You will get an error after reading if its a no go.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners View Post
    generally the answer was no for the DHP PCMs as they used to set the calibration ID to 0. Not sure thesedays.

In anycase you can read any PCM without using any credits at all. You will get an error after reading if its a no go.

Chris...
    Well, I did do a successful read and save/as on his current bin (I guess that's a good sign).
    Like I said though, I'm wondering what will happen if I try to write to it. I'm willing to try if there is no risk. Will I loose the credits if I enter his VIN and attempt it?

post the file or email it to support if you want to double check.

If you got this far with no errors or warnings then it will probably be fine.

If the OS ID doesn't show 0 or the VIN doesn't show garbage it should be fine.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners View Post
    post the file or email it to support if you want to double check.

If you got this far with no errors or warnings then it will probably be fine.

If the OS ID doesn't show 0 or the VIN doesn't show garbage it should be fine.

Chris...
    Well, here it is. I've up loaded the file. If anyone who can look at this and tell if it is locked (by DHP) or not, I would appreciate it.
    Thanks in advance.
    Link to Bin file in question --> http://www.easy-share.com/1903497445..._BIN_stans.hpt
    2007 Pontiac G6 GTP ~ 3.6 VVT (LY7 10.2:1) w/ 6 speed auto/manual tap)
    14.358 N/A @ 96.57 mph
    2001 Regal LS ~ L32 GenV M90; PLX SM-AFR WB; 3.4 Blower Pulley; 18* WOT; XP CAM; TOGs; N* TB; Dynotech Stage 2 Trans
    13.288 @ 104.23 mph

Car Domain: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2291346/1

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    link doesn't work, just use the attachment feature of our forum.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    link doesn't work, just use the attachment feature of our forum.
    Yea, that site has some hold/review process for files apparently, seems to be working now...
    Anyway, I've attached the bin here as well.
    Thanks in advance for your effort!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    DTC listing looks off, you'll probably want to have it flashed to stock via tech 2 & then reread.

Advanced Tuner
    Bill , calibration details shows unlocked ? ( icon under edit) what are you seeing in dtc's that would make it locked but show as unlocked ?
    PB's 1/4 mi 12.21 117.75 trap ,1/8 mi. 7.779 93.99trap , 1.949 short time (FWD W body)

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Look at the dtc's window & you shall see

Potential Tuner

Could You Explain???

Hey Bill, I'm the guy the OP is referrencing, could you explain your last post. My buddy is able to read my DHP bin file w/o getting an error message, so we assumed that we would be able to write to it as well. (I understand that some DHP's are 'locked" and some are not.) I just want to modify the add air/spark timing tables so that I can make adj. to my timing via my ICCU (InCarControlUnit). TIA.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    My comment was self explanatory, look at the dtc window in the editor.

Potential Tuner

Understand, But...

Bill, I do not own the PT, it's my buddies and I'm not exactly PT savvy. I have already had a conversation w/my buddy regarding this post and he didn't understand your response either...so would you please be so gracious as to enlighten us??? TIA

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by qwikgtp View Post
    Bill, I do not own the PT, it's my buddies and I'm not exactly PT savvy. I have already had a conversation w/my buddy regarding this post and he didn't understand your response either...so would you please be so gracious as to enlighten us??? TIA
    Its not a full dtc list

Ahhhh, I see said the blind man. I compared it to mine. I had forgotten how many codes were in there. I had only modified that once before years ago when I T/O my rear O2 sensor.
    So WTF is up with DHP deleting all the diagnostics? I wonder if they're really not there, or if they're just no longer visible on that list?
    I'm still not sure how this would complicate or prevent a re-flash with an updated BIN. I wonder if a corrected BIN (not locked) would be available from the originator.
    Very strange.

Potential Tuner

Dtc Codes

Bill, we now see (as per Mike's reply) that the list is nearly empty of DTC's, but I have an Aeroforce scangauge in my car and I can assure everyone that my PCM still reports all error codes on my scangauge. So, how/what would be the impact of this incomplete DTC list to the end user? Would I simply not be able to turn certain targeted DTC codes to 'no reporting', or would there be deeper implications??? TIA!

Potential Tuner

Bill, Any Ideas Re. My Last Post???

Tia!