Thread: 06 TBSS TCC Wont Lock

Potential Tuner

06 TBSS TCC Wont Lock

06 TBSS
    Heads/Cam
    RPM Level 5 Trans
    Precision Triple Disc Converter

I can't seem to get the converter to lockup at WOT in 2nd and 3rd gear. I have attached the file that is currently loaded into the truck. The only way the converter will lockup at WOT is to ease into WOT when it's already locked or to manually lock it in the scanner.

Any help?

Thanks!

Potential Tuner
    Here's the file

Just had a quick peek....you lockup points are higher than your shift points...

so, it'll shift before it is commanded to lock.
    2009 Cadillac CTS-V 196.7 MPH on the Salt
    Superflow SF600 FlowBench -- Superflow Autodyn 30 Chassis Dyno -- Superflow SF901 Engine Dyno--RaceLogic Emulator -- MikiPro Logic Emulator -- ASNU Injector Flow Bench --

I dont think the OS in the TBSS's allow for wot lockup without a segment swap from a different vehicle. Contact Alvin at PCMforless he knows how to make it happen

Tuner in Training
    anybody got any more info on this, about to swap out my stock TC for a 3000 Stall

Tuner in Training
    The TBSS will allow WOT lockup...its locks up around 95 mph stock. You don't want to go locking up a high stall converter at WOT, unless it is designed to do so, otherwise you'll end up nuking your lockup clutch.
    '08 TBSS - ProCharged | '09 G8 GT

Are you trying to make the 2-3 shift with tcc locked? If so, I think thats a bad idea. I would just lock it a shotly after the 2-3 shift is made.

Advanced Tuner
    The problem with Alvin's mod is that you cannot use hpt after the tcm is swapped. With the stock TCM, no matter what your input values are:

1. 2nd gear will never lock up unless commanded by scanner
    2. 3rd will only lock during WOT @ 95mph
    3. If 3rd gear is locked and part throttle is slow transitioned into WOT (as to not trigger a release), it will stay locked and the 95mph WOT 'limit' will not apply.
    4. A lock up will always release when you let off the throttle.
    5. If the shifter is set to '2', and you are cruising in 2nd gear.. and then you push the shifter to 3rd gear.. The converter will lock nearly milliseconds after the 2-3 shift.. as long as the lock up conditions are met.. Just something I noticed..

I wish we could hook up a switch or button that functions just like the TCC PWM button in the scanner.. Perhaps this might be a realistic project.

Is there still not a direct way with hptuners to lock in 2nd gear? I just tried to lock a triple disc Tbss today at 60mph in 2nd with no luck.