Thread: Disabling transmission adapts

Disabling transmission adapts

Where is "transmission adapts" table in the newer Vehicles. I am wanting to disable this. It seems to be overriding the commanded shift pressure table. E38 ECM 4L70E trans

Guys I need some input here, this is driving me crazy I can back the pressures off first few shifts respond like they should according to my shift pressure table. Then after a few miles its starts to go back “shift wise” to what I was trying to adjust out. This repeats every time I perform a flash. I am assuming this is the adapts taking over. I cannot find any tables to remove this adaptive shift behavior, other than maybe setting a code for invalid Torque which would throw the tranny into default shift tables. I am about to pull my hair out on this one. This thread is related to the one further down the page discussing what I have done and my tunes are posted.

Senior Tuner
    I don't know much about the newer models but the
    adaptation used to be (LS1s) driven by the Desired
    Shift Time table. I would look for anything of similar
    name, hinting that it's a behavioral goal?

The only tables I have are shift pressure, FMC, WOT but nothing with shift time. Really the only way I see to do this would be to fail the maf and run in SD forcing the tranny to fault to the base tables.