Thread: take a look at my new WB tune (08 G8 GT)

take a look at my new WB tune (08 G8 GT)

well i finally got some tuning done with my new AFX wideband! i pretty much just set PE to a commanded 12.76 AFR then tuned the MAF via AFR error. to be honest, it seems to run pretty good now. AFRs hold right in the area i am commanding and it holds stoich at 14.68 relatively well too (a little richer).

Besides some of my timing which i will be working with more, what do you think of the tune? what are some better methods i could use as?
    Last edited by boomer; 01-23-2009 at 05:56 AM.
    Photos
    320 rwhp/340 ft-lb
    1/4 mile: 13.33 @ 105 mph

Potential Tuner
    Looking at your tune, looks like you have done a lot tuning to the TCM, how do you like the changes?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by jmorgan947 View Post
    Looking at your tune, looks like you have done a lot tuning to the TCM, how do you like the changes?

+2. Who tuned the tcm for you?

Quote Originally Posted by GETUSUMM View Post
    +2. Who tuned the tcm for you?
    Not all me, but a lot of it is.

Quote Originally Posted by jmorgan947 View Post
    Love it!

so anyone have any input towards my tune?

Thx
    Photos
    320 rwhp/340 ft-lb

Anyone?
    Photos
    320 rwhp/340 ft-lb

I see a log and a config but no tune file to look at as well

Tuner in Training
    It was there. Maybe it was removed?

dang, i think i accidentally deleted it i think. ill post it back up when i get to my laptop...
    Photos
    320 rwhp/340 ft-lb

Tuner in Training
    Can you repost your tune? I want to check it out. Thanks

Would be great if you could post your tune again. I'd love to see what you've done to your TCM!!

Cheers

Have you attempted to tune the VE table/equations used to generate VE? I have, and have found some really interesting results. And looks like I will have to take a completely different approach in doing this VS the traditional way. PM me if this is of any interest to you.

Wow, your first gear really winds up high. Did see some spark knock and noticed your IAT was in the 90's. What was the outside air temps during the drive? May try to use your wideband as a reference not a guage. You may find you make best power somewhere between 12 and 13AFR, not just 12.76. My car seemed to like timing around 21-23 best even though with more fuel it would run with 24-26 without knock. Mine ran fastest with my o2's staying above 900 mV. Not that you should use mV to tune with at WOT but that was just my car and notice you ran into knock like mine when mV was running between 890-900mV. How much spark knock to get on a long WOT pull in 4th gear. My car used to like leaning out silightly in high gear and would run into 1-3 degrees of spark knock. When I tuned it out (added fuel), it made 1st gear slower but raised my 1/4 mph. Didn't see any long 100+ mph pulls on you scan.

I have a couple G8's lined up to tune on. I am waiting for a new speed sensor to fix a dyno issue. I will probably get one of them on the dyno this weekend. I will play with your tune a bit and see where I go with it. Are you pretty confident in your config file and your wideband readings? I know it took a lot of messing with the PID to get my wideband in the car to match my wideband on the dyno.

hi boomer,
    u goin to put ur tune back in so we can have a look at it plz
    thanx
    tony