Thread: scanning o2 activity

Tuner in Training

scanning o2 activity

i need to know something about scanning your 02 sensors, when i scan mine i changed my front driver 02 because it was dipping down and totally cutting out making my car run really shitty so i went to autozone and replaced it, this one doesnt dip down as low and cut out but my issue is looking at the guages in hp tuners i see 3 of them side by side and the driver always doesnt follow exactly the same like the other sensors do?

2006 A4 IBM
    Interior- Custom Gauges,Red Led's, GTO inserts, diamond mats, polished partsExterior- 6000 Hid,3000 Fog,Silverstar Corner Bulbs, Leds,pbm spoiler,20% tint,blacked out cornersPerformance- Aem Intake, HPE Tune,Ud Pulley,H Pipe, Pacesetter LT/Catless mids, PLX 02, Vigilante 3200 Hi stall, 24,000 Cooler,245/45/17 Nitto 555r's,m&h fronts, Drag Bags.Track Time-Pbest 12.4 1/4 before Procharger.
    1999 Regal GS (Daily)3.4, Cai, Tune, Colder Plugs, Tint, Debadged Tail Panel, GMPP Sway Bar

Tuner in Training
    po300 is pending again im ready to drive this car off a bridge 1 month straight trying to get rid of this freaking code................my laptop needs to get here so i can post some logs up im tired of this......im starting to wonder if maybe its my driver side o2 wiring..

2006 A4 IBM
    Interior- Custom Gauges,Red Led's, GTO inserts, diamond mats, polished partsExterior- 6000 Hid,3000 Fog,Silverstar Corner Bulbs, Leds,pbm spoiler,20% tint,blacked out cornersPerformance- Aem Intake, HPE Tune,Ud Pulley,H Pipe, Pacesetter LT/Catless mids, PLX 02, Vigilante 3200 Hi stall, 24,000 Cooler,245/45/17 Nitto 555r's,m&h fronts, Drag Bags.Track Time-Pbest 12.4 1/4 before Procharger.
    1999 Regal GS (Daily)3.4, Cai, Tune, Colder Plugs, Tint, Debadged Tail Panel, GMPP Sway Bar

Tuner in Training
    alright i replaced the o2 and well it ran better for a few days and then what do you know p0300 and crappy running was back i just cant win.....im starting to think it must be the wiring to the 02?

2006 A4 IBM

Tuner
    It sounds like a wiring problem somewhere. I'd make sure nothing is/way sitting on the headers or anything like that. Obvious, I know.

If you go to replace a sensor again, maybe try swapping it to the other side and see if the sensor is still fine or if it is acting up on that side too.

I have seen this a time or two, and I see you have a set of Pacesetter headers you are using. Great headers for the money but they tend to place the O2 bung's back a little far. Is the car dropping out of closed loop mode? The issue I had was almost exactly as you described. You need to log your NB O2's and watch there amplitude, should be a nice low frequency wave form, no points or spikes. What I found was going on was the O2's were not getting up to temp and within some time would foul. One thing you can do is delay your closed loop activation or bump up the temperature the car must be in before the O2's go active. You can wrap the headers to help hold in heat. You can also play with the O2 error tables under closed loop.

This is all assuming you have no wiring melted/issues.
    Last edited by brantsz; 01-21-2009 at 11:15 PM.