Thread: 2005 4.8 tuning help

2005 4.8 tuning help

Sorry I'm not sure which forum this should be in. I did not know if a 05 4.8 is GEN 3 or GEN 4. searched but did not find anything.

My dad has a 2005 Silverado with a 4.8. It has a intake (really just a filter kit), and cat-back exhaust, and about to have some Taylor 8.2mm plug wires. I have HPT beening using it on Jbody's for a year and a half. I understand tuning of the Jbody ECU which does not have MAF. My dad's truck has MAF which I have yet too mess with. Been doing some reading, but I learn best from seeing and doing. I need a histogram for MAF for the 4.8. I want to look at it, do some datalogging to I understand it more.

Any tips that you might think will help me please give them. Also if this is not the right forum tell me as well.

Thanks

Advanced Tuner
    2004 and newer is gen 4

have you looked in your pre configured histograms ?

upper left picture of a file folder when you have the histogram display open
    PB's 1/4 mi 12.21 117.75 trap ,1/8 mi. 7.779 93.99trap , 1.949 short time (FWD W body)

Quote Originally Posted by murphinator View Post
    2004 and newer is gen 4

have you looked in your pre configured histograms ?

upper left picture of a file folder when you have the histogram display open
    Thanks for confirming it is a GEN4. I have looked in my pre configured histo's that came with my scanner. I have MAF-AFR error, MAF- commanded AFR, MAF STFT , MAF hi AFR error, MAF hi error GEN4, MAF hi STFT, MAF lo AFR, MAF lo AFR GEN4, MAF lo STFT GEN4.

When I look at how they are set-up there is no info like they would not work. I have yet to try them. We still have to get a O2 bung put in the exhaust for my wideband, and buy the credits as well. I'm trying to research before hand. Thanks again.

I'm also reading the VCM Suite online help as well.

Tuner in Training
    It is not a Gen 4. All trucks 99-07 classic are Gen 3 engines.
    2008 GMC Sierra RCSB 4.8L