Thread: whatdo you think of this tune ...

whatdo you think of this tune ...

hi all ...
    i have tune my car >> using tips and info found in this site ..
    but i dont feel the car making any extra HP ( maybe it just me) ..
    what do u think of the LTFT ( it feel much responsive @ +3%)
    here more info bout the car
    2006 z06 , header with hight flow cats , K & N air filter ..

plz have a look to the file and tell me what do u think

thanks

If it was my tune, I would Disable the traction control Spark and ETC parameters. Then work on the Spark table smoothing it at WOT and some at Part throttle. PE looks like it could use a little bit of work as well....little but too jumpy for my likings. That should give you a good start on where to improve....again....if it was my tune.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 4evervette View Post
    hi all ...
    i have tune my car >> using tips and info found in this site ..
    but i dont feel the car making any extra HP ( maybe it just me) ..
    what do u think of the LTFT ( it feel much responsive @ +3%)
    here more info bout the car
    2006 z06 , header with hight flow cats , K & N air filter ..

plz have a look to the file and tell me what do u think

thanks
    Bro,

if you tuned this without a wideband, I suggest you get a wideband now (for starters) otherwise so much will be pure guess.

Quote Originally Posted by gofish7 View Post
    If it was my tune, I would Disable the traction control Spark and ETC parameters. Then work on the Spark table smoothing it at WOT and some at Part throttle. PE looks like it could use a little bit of work as well....little but too jumpy for my likings. That should give you a good start on where to improve....again....if it was my tune.
    thanks ..will look into that ...yup ur correct i didnt use the smooth function ..
    as far as WOT spark ..the car dont feel like adding any thing more ...other wise it goes into knock .....
    Last edited by 4evervette; 01-27-2009 at 04:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ayousef View Post
    Bro,

if you tuned this without a wideband, I suggest you get a wideband now (for starters) otherwise so much will be pure guess.
    yup wide band but its not hock up into the log ...
    BTW , how is ur TT project is going .. and i need ur advise ..am on the fence for mild cam ..do u go to (belQizzy) work shop i might see u there..

Advanced Tuner
    yup wide band but its not hock up into the log ...
    BTW , how is ur TT project is going .. and i need ur advise ..am on the fence for mild cam ..do u go to (belQizzy) work shop i might see u there..
    im gonna go there today, why dont you pass by?

any one els can have alook

Advanced Tuner
    any one els can have alook
    Here is a bump for your thread.

A few suggestions:

1- apply torque management only for 1st gear, remove it for the other gears, because from what I could see you are optimizing it to help you launch in the low-gear where wheelspin is a problem.

2- Disable ETC traction, it makes the car accelerate MUCH smoothly WITH traction on = faster acceleration

3- Im guessing your vehicle is still at the high 11:1 AFR range? Seems like you got a little more room to play with try 12.8:1.

4- you have seemed to REDUCE timing (high octane tablle) instead of increasing it, but I think that you compensated for in the IAT vs spark table by making it more aggressive.

5- Increase idle rpm, makes driving the car MUCH more easier around traffic using only the cluch and no throttle, try something like 800.

6- thats all for now, I know I didnt help you much on the POWER side of the tune, but I wont lie im a beginner myself

Quote Originally Posted by ayousef View Post
    Here is a bump for your thread.

A few suggestions:

1- apply torque management only for 1st gear, remove it for the other gears, because from what I could see you are optimizing it to help you launch in the low-gear where wheelspin is a problem.

2- Disable ETC traction, it makes the car accelerate MUCH smoothly WITH traction on = faster acceleration

3- I'm guessing your vehicle is still at the high 11:1 AFR range? Seems like you got a little more room to play with try 12.8:1.

4- you have seemed to REDUCE timing (high octane tablle) instead of increasing it, but I think that you compensated for in the IAT vs spark table by making it more aggressive.

5- Increase idle rpm, makes driving the car MUCH more easier around traffic using only the cluch and no throttle, try something like 800.

6- thats all for now, I know I didnt help you much on the POWER side of the tune, but I wont lie im a beginner myself
    thanks man
    ..i did #2 ..but it seem that i have NO traction even with the traction ON ..it seem scary ..

as far as timing ... i seen one guy ( you know who) .. but about 30 degree of timing .. do u think thats even possible with stock engine and Cam

Recalibrate your Maf airflow low & high tables,they seem not right

From your log file open/create a histogram (Maf flow vs freq) and compare it with your tune file.

Advanced Tuner
    thanks man
    ..i did #2 ..but it seem that i have NO traction even with the traction ON ..it seem scary ..

as far as timing ... i seen one guy ( you know who) .. but about 30 degree of timing .. do u think thats even possible with stock engine and Cam
    Ill talk to you about that later, cause I have something even funnier to tell you

any one els ...........

ttt