Thread: 4500 Rev limit?

4500 Rev limit?

So my 00 extreme 4.3 just started acting up today.

All of a sudden it has a 4500 rpm rev limit when I'm stopped (mph =0), but revs fine if I'm moving or in gear. Now I know chevy made some two steps on cars to protect them, but mine never did this before. Moreover, once I hit the rev limit of 4500 while standing still, it activates that rev limit in the driving range while moving (ie 4500 becomes my permanent rev limit), in order to reset it so I can drive normally again, I have to shut the car off then back on, then it seems to drive fine and rev to 6500, untill I hit 4500 rpms when stopped again. I looked everywhere in the software and I can't seem to find a secondary rev limit, or a limp mode, but that's exactly what it is doing. It's a hard fuel cut (I can tell fuel from the IDC% dropping).

Now I'm not pulling any MIL codes (at least that show up) but this is showing up, although I don't know how much of it was there before (the airbag light and ABS light were already on)
    [Unknown] B2600 - (History) (Current) (Immature)
    [Unknown] B2647 - (History) (Immature)
    [Unknown] U1255 - Class 2 Communication Malfunction (History) (Immature)
    [Unknown] U1301 - Class 2 Short to Battery (History) (Immature)
    [Restraints] B0026 - LF/Driver Frontal Deployment Loop (Single Stage or Stage 1)Open (History) (Current) (Immature)
    [Restraints] B0090 - Active switch voltage out of range (History) (Immature)
    [Restraints] B1001 - Option Configuration Error (History) (Immature)
    [Restraints] U1000 - Class 2 Communication Malfunction (History) (Immature)
    [Restraints] U1016 - Loss of Class 2 Communication with VCM (History) (Immature)
    [Restraints] U1041 - Loss of EBCM Communication (History) (Immature)
    [Restraints] U1096 - Loss of Communications with IPC (History) (Immature)

And the last thing is that when I'm standing still reving it the speedo starts to move and if I bounce it of the 4500 rev limit, the speedo climbs up to 20mph even when standing still. Both the dash speedo AND the logger show the speed movement. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

CK

your vcm my be going bad ...see if it has a good connection !!
    Last edited by robfromlouisville; 01-09-2009 at 04:07 PM.
    98 GRAND PRIX GTP ,02 GRAND PRIX GT TURBO A2A IC.