Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Unable To Open Editor Or Scanner

Advanced Tuner
    nope, cant save, but it doesn't lock when comparing files.

re-checked the ms .net framework 3.5.1

now its doing the same thing again.

poop

refunds available

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Well I just tested this on win 7 ultimate 64 using 2.22 & 2.23 without error, saved, compared, everything, no error. This was a completely fresh win 7 install & ran the updater so I have all of the latest patches net framework 3.5, etc. This is with win 7 set normally ie I haven't set our software to xp compatibility mode & it still works flawlessly. So I'm thinking its something on the pc thats creating the issue, could be an anti virus software or similar causing the issue so ultimately my recommendation would be to do a clean install of windows 7.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    i awoke my laptop out of standby this morning, disabled mcafee, and Hptuners worked fine, i reenabled mcafee and it still works, i restarted the computer, and it still works.

at least it works now, dunno what happend? if you have mcafee, try disabling it.

also, if that doesn't work, try creating another USER account and label it HPtuner, and when you install programs, only install them on your normal account, not the HPtuner account.

-carl

Advanced Tuner
    stopped working again,, now it working. im just gonna use my old faithful laptop.. seems new laptops and new OS, problems keep popping up, hptuners doesn't like to play with others i guess.

-carl

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Clean win 7 install seems like a best bet, Did you buy your pc at best buy or similar retailer? I wonder if its some of the excess crap they put on there might be the issue.

Tuner in Training
    i am sure it is a problem with windows7 update and the compatibility of hp-tuners i have done a complete recovery(system recovery) of win7 before the updates(KB980182;KB915597;KB973924)were instaled and there was no problem but i have reinstaled these updates and the problem was back so the only diference between woking and not working are these win7 updates my laptop ia a 1330 xps from dell with win7 32 ultimate.
    a clean install is out of the question there is to many software for the busines on this computer (sps;tis;si;all from GM)this is why i make a full system backup every few days on seperate hard drives
    Last edited by transamb; 04-05-2010 at 08:23 AM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Transamb try narrowing down which one it is by picking which one of the three to download & install meaning download & install KB980182 then test the editor for flakyness, if all is well install the next one KB915597, and so on to figure out which one is causing the issue. I checked my 64 bit laptop and don't show any of those three updates so maybe its a win 7 32 bit thing.

Carlrx7 I still have no idea whats up with your situation as I'm running win 7 64 bit without a hitch so I'm at a loss...then again mine was a clean install so no preinstalled software to worry about screwing with my setup.
    Last edited by Bill@HPTuners; 04-05-2010 at 06:56 PM.

Tuner in Training
    i have done wat you sugested and i have something strange going on if i install update(KB980182;KB973924) toegether the problem with hp-tuners is there when i install these updates seperatly and i restart the pc between these updates there is no problem and everything is working fine
    KB980182: Cumulatieve beveiligingsupdate voor Internet Explorer 8 voor Windows 7

KB973924 ;Beveiligingsupdate voor herdistribueerbaar Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 pakket

thes are the coments in dutch of those two updates
    i hope that you can do something with it
    for me the problem is solved if you have more questions feel free to ask
    transamb

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Well I just installed windows ultimate 7 32 bit version, again no issues, though I couldn't find all of the updates you referred to it works without issue for me.

Potential Tuner
    My issues went away immediately (win7ulimate) by right clicking on the application - properties - compatability and selecting 'open in winxp mode'.

Laptop connected the the car right away I was able to scan the current tune file, make some changes and upload the tune back to the ECU with no issues. '

It might not work for everyone but winxp mode solved mine.

Tuner in Training
    Windows 7 32 bit and I started having this same issue after the latest windows updates. Running in compatibility mode for xp also resolved this issue for me.

Tuner in Training
    I've tried everything in this thread, and I cannot get it to run. Says cfg file is corrupt. I've installed the drivers without issue, just cant get the program to open. HELP ANYONE?

Advanced Tuner
    current update,

under my normal profile. i still cant get it to run,, ive cleaned/reinstalled net framework, tried every version.

i installed the new version 4 of net framework. also uninstalled the updates mentioned above.

still same message as OP.

but get this......

created new profile called hptuners.

and guess what.. works perfect.. FML..

i dont know what to do next, but as of right now, i just switch users and do my tuning.

lataz

-Carl