Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Unable To Open Editor Or Scanner

Tuner in Training

Unable To Open Editor Or Scanner

Well, I haven't been using my HPTuning software in the past two or three months, due to lack of time. Anyway, I was hoping to finish up my tuning between now and the second week of January (start school again).

When I opened the scanner, I get an application error, then another window saying "msvcr80.dll is missing; make sure it is installed." So, I downloaded the Net 2.0 again, and when I go to reinstall it, it tells me it is already a part of my operating system. I checked to see if it is in the program list, to try and uninstall it, but it is not listed. I tried the editor, and I get the same stuff.

Anyone run into this? I did a quick search of msvcr80.dll, and did not get any results.

Are you running 2.22?
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Tuner in Training
    Yes, I am.

EDIT: Here is a screenshot of each box.
    Last edited by Screwball216; 12-21-2008 at 03:26 PM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    What version of vista are you running? I've had this error pop up once or twice over the past year for no rhyme or reason on vista premium & never could replicate it.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Vista Home Premium.

It does it constantly... no access to HPTuner, whatsoever. Haven't had a problem since I purchased it (used it on this laptop since September of 2007 or so). Should I try uninstalling it, and then do a clean installation?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I would do so.

Tuner in Training
    Uninstalled, deleted the folder in Programs, and reinstalled... same messages.

If I click cancel on the second message, another one comes up saying no JIT debugger found. Two options; abort or attach manually. If I do not abort, nothing happens (well, the program is "running" if I look through the task manager, under processes).

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    The only other thing I could recommend shy of reinstalling vista would be to use the restore feature to go back to a point where you weren't having this issue. Maybe something you installed between then & now is creating the issue.

msvcr80.dll is part of the Microsoft Visual C library. They only list it as being installed with Microsoft SQL 2005 Server Enterprise or Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Professional. You hadn't had Visual Studio installed at one time did you?

I would start by searching your hard drive for this file. If it's not found then search the registry for any entries pertaining to it and whack them. You can also find several registry cleaners that will look for entries to files that don't exist and fix them.

Also I would try installing .NET 3.5 as it has 2.0 built into it.
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5_Liter_Eater View Post
    msvcr80.dll is part of the Microsoft Visual C library. They only list it as being installed with Microsoft SQL 2005 Server Enterprise or Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Professional. You hadn't had Visual Studio installed at one time did you?

I would start by searching your hard drive for this file. If it's not found then search the registry for any entries pertaining to it and whack them. You can also find several registry cleaners that will look for entries to files that don't exist and fix them.

Also I would try installing .NET 3.5 as it has 2.0 built into it.
    Neither of those programs were installed on my laptop... to be honest, don't even know what I would do with them.

I installed .Net 3.5, and it did not work. I think I'm going to start saving all the stuff that I want/need, and look to reformat this. I had one or two quirks with it since I had it, so I figure that a clean setup should be good for it (definitely want to get it done before I get started with school again).

At least I'll be able to do the same to my PC, and then try to put certain programs on one or the other (take ITunes and my GPS Updater and keep it on my PC, instead of cluttering up my laptop). Sucks and will likely take two days to do, but will be finished.

Thanks for the help.

Tuner in Training
    Same problem here, just I only have the problem with the Editor. I can open the program but I can not save the file after I read the PCM. It throws up the same error you were receiving.

any new information? I cannot believe you cannot call HP tuners for this kind of support.

I am running windows 7 64 bit.

Tuner in Training
    I am running 2.22 by the way.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Weird, did this just start happening out of the blue?

Tuner in Training
    Well I don't have any problems using my other laptop running vista 32bit. The weird thing is that I can start the scanner and scan logs but cannot save or attempt to open a file. The editor will pull the data from the PCM but I can not save or edit anything. I really want to get my new computer running. I don't want to have to purchase VMWare to install a older O/S on this system.

Advanced Tuner
    several hits on google say to run a registry cleaner to solve problem.

Same problem here. I can log some basic PIDs, but can not log histograms, EIO's, or user defined PIDs.

I have CCleaner. I ran the registry cleaner and "fixed the issues" but it didnt help anything. I had no problems with the software until after installing Beta. Idk...

Scratch that. I uninstalled HPT completely and reinstalled 2.22 from the disc. Everything is working fine. I am logging with no issues. Must be something in the beta software that conflicts with Vista in some cases. No beta for me I guess...

FAIL...

Tuner in Training
    I was able to resolve the problem in windows 7 64bit by running the application in compatability mode using Windows XP Service Pack 2.

-Grant

Advanced Tuner
    This is also happening to me, under windows 7, even un compatibility mode as tunerman suggested.

I'm getting the error after setting up a custom PID using [SENS.30] in a custom PID...

Odd. If I take out that PID, or change to a PID it starts and works fine.
    2011 Z07 Carbon Edition

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle View Post
    This is also happening to me, under windows 7, even un compatibility mode as tunerman suggested.

I'm getting the error after setting up a custom PID using [SENS.30] in a custom PID...

Odd. If I take out that PID, or change to a PID it starts and works fine.
    Using 2.22?